ELP Fanfare Box Set (With 5.1 Surround Mixes on Blu-Ray) Coming Soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eBay speculators are up to $893.24.

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 5.40.11 PM.png

While they have acknowledged the issue with Trilogy and *may* be in the process of correcting it, there is still the annoyance of not have a download option for the vinyl stuff. Sure, they messed up with Trilogy but having to push a button or two in order to hear Bolero is nothing to compare to when you have vinyl stuff and no turntable and no option to hear at all.

If they really are going to author a new BR disc, why not add the vinyl-only shows and make us all happy?

While they have acknowledged the issue with Trilogy and *may* be in the process of correcting it, there is still the annoyance of not have a download option for the vinyl stuff. Sure, they messed up with Trilogy but having to push a button or two in order to hear Bolero is nothing to compare to when you have vinyl stuff and no turntable and no option to hear at all.

If they really are going to author a new BR disc, why not add the vinyl-only shows and make us all happy?

(I am saying this with all the consideration and respect, OK?)
SHAME ON YOU FOR NOT HAVING A TT!!!!!

(now this is back to normal)
well...aamof , the shows are truly great, and the sound quality is better than "Welcome Back..." (well, basically ANYTHING else is!!!)...the performances are...well, let' say they were indulging in whatever they were doing cause there are many places where ,especially Keith and Carl come in several milliseconds apart , and you can even hear Greg SWEARING (!!!!!).
Overall, the versions of "Pictures", "Karn Evil 9", "Tarkus" are quite different, making it quite special!

The vinyl , otoh, is noisy and a couple of sides have surface noise...which I have NO WAY of removing....

PM me if you want to..

CHEERS!!!

:smokin

I'm thoroughly confused

can someone just simply breakdown what is different about the surround on this set's blu-ray compared to the previous DVD-A's?

Also, why is the price going up so much?

Did they accidentally include something they shouldn't have, like the PF box set, or is it the mistake (error) in the pressing that everyone thinks will become collectible or is it simply that there were only 3000 made?

I'm thoroughly confused

can someone just simply breakdown what is different about the surround on this set's blu-ray compared to the previous DVD-A's?

Also, why is the price going up so much?

Did they accidentally include something they shouldn't have, like the PF box set, or is it the mistake (error) in the pressing that everyone thinks will become collectible or is it simply that there were only 3000 made?

The only difference between the Blu-Ray and the 4 DVDA-V releases is that they accidentally included "Abaddon's Bolero" amongst the "Trilogy" bonus tracks instead of its proper place as the final track on the album.
Other than that, everything is exactly the same between the Blu-Ray and DVDA-V releases.

Also, I think the (current) expense is down to the fact that they only pressed so many copies.
I'll have to recheck and see which # I have!

:)

I wonder if anyone is actually buying it at these prices. I don't recall any other box set more than doubling in price after release. I wouldn't pay $350+ for this even if I didn't already have the DVD-A's. Maybe it's just a temporary spike.

I wonder if anyone is actually buying it at these prices. I don't recall any other box set more than doubling in price after release. I wouldn't pay $350+ for this even if I didn't already have the DVD-A's. Maybe it's just a temporary spike.

I would guess that the price has spiked because most of the usual retail outlets like importcds....deepdiscount...and bullmoose don't have it right now...the price range for those...when in stock...goes from $140 to $150...now elusive disc has it for $179.99 HERE...the indications are that Bullmoose will have it in stock soon and they are at $150...

Amazon US currently shows two units in stock for $180.

Certainly it will sell out, like all previous surround individual titles.
The churning of stock and price fluctuations reflect that.

Hi:

First I don`t have any of the individual DVD-A release. In Spain I have found the box in stock for 109 €.
The Emerson, Lake and Palmer 3 disc (2CD + DVD) release is about 35 € in Ebay,
The Trilogy 3 disc (2CD + DVD) release is 26 € in Amazon.es.
The Tarkus 3 disc (2CD + DVD) release is about ¡¡130 €!! in eBay.

I think it's worth the box in comparison.

Hi:

First I don`t have any of the individual DVD-A release. In Spain I have found the box in stock for 109 €.
The Emerson, Lake and Palmer 3 disc (2CD + DVD) release is about 35 € in Ebay,
The Trilogy 3 disc (2CD + DVD) release is 26 € in Amazon.es.
The Tarkus 3 disc (2CD + DVD) release is about ¡¡130 €!! in eBay.

I think it's worth the box in comparison.

Where in España????
Cause the FNAC is usually very expensive!

In El Corte Ingles. The price is 142,99 € but now you have a 25% indirect discount. Maybe they cancel my order (it's not the first time it happens with them)

Ohhhh....diossssss. Elcortinglé....they are great for some things , but a disaster for others...hope they come through...they usually do when you order stuff that has a discount!

Gentlemen, can anyone tell me if the blu ray sounds any better than the previously-released DVD-As? I know the same mixes were used but is the blu ray format superior to the DVD-As, or will the blu sound the same? I'm trying to decide if paying the outlandish price for this box is worth it, or if I should just get the DVD-As. I already have the 2001 Brain Salad Surgery DVD-A.

Was the Blu-ray which accidentally included "Abaddon's Bolero" from Trilogy as a bonus track ever corrected and sent to those requesting one?

Back