Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early afternoon and still nursing this cold/flu thing so playing something soothing...

Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone on SACD in 5point1

Now playing the latest Steve Hackett live Blu-Ray "Wuthering Nights", just released today
So far this is not a very discrete mix (more of a 'you are there' mix as opposed to being a 'they are here' mix) but the music is phenomenal!

:)

Listening to “Chicago VI” right now.

Not only tripping on how lucky we were to get this amazing box set, but just how great these quad mixes were!

Who mixed these anyway? These are so good! Enveloping and discreet and sometimes adventurous without being too much. The way the sax solo on “Just You n Me” swirls around the room?

Perfect!

My second favorite Chicago album after VII, BTW. The first one I owned.

Totally agreed. I sure hope they do Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and some others!

I hope they do some others too. I’m not a big Rush fan, but I’d like to hear Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals.

I’ve heard the SW mix of Farewell to Kings, and its very good. But it didn’t really make me like that album or the band any more than I did before.

Like them a lot when they play. But Geddy Lee’s voice is nails on a chalkboard to me and the lyrics do nothing for me. :/

But I’m very happy that the big fans of the band have this! And I know they have many!

Have you tried 'Grace Under Pressure' though 'Counterparts'? Geddy mellowed his range and approach quite a bit.
I happen to like that 'cat with a blow torch up its ass' sound, but I also understand how it's abrasive.

Yep. His voice definitely is better for me on the later stuff where he isn’t singing so high all the time. But I don’t like the songs so much.

Signals might be my favorite of theirs for this reason. Grace Under Pressure is good too

Hi. All

More of my Quad reels I`ve listen today.
The Moody Blues ' The Orchestra version -Days of Future Passed It`s very much the same as the studio version but with the London festival Orchestra, the Orchestra in front with some elements in the back channels the speech center back the moodys sing in front and all speakers Very immersive...

IMG_2410.jpg
IMG_2411.jpg
IMG_2414.jpg

I sold my set of Speakers today as well SO I want be listening to my Quad library ...........:yikes........

Withdrawal symptoms ........Withdrawal symptoms............... Withdrawal symptoms... UNTILL I BUY MY UPGRADE SET..............

King Crimson-LTIA in PCM 5.1 from the Blu ray[now playing Easy Money].......Caravan-In The Land Of Grey And Pink

What a totally underated Crimzo disc.

Get's better with each listen and throughly enjoyed it last nite .:D A perfect way to end the nite in surround with this Classic .

(and yes I did have this disc on Atlantic back in the day ) Found it weird in " a freaky good (quoting GOS) way."

20180126_191931.jpg

Back