Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In looking over ALL eight pages of Audio Fidelity's products, it WAS encouraging that a lot of their multichannel titles [4.0/5.1] did sell out but on the last page, listed as 'retired' are three SADE titles [Vinyl only] which would, IMO, make superb SACD Stereo offerings as none of her magnificent work has ever had a hi res physical disc release. IMO, her music IS TIMELESS!

https://www.audiofidelity.net/home?page=7

Most of her albums especially the early ones were all mixed down to 16/44.1 masters. Nicely done ones too, but not high-res by today's standards. This could be an issue with the critical audiophiles.

Most of her albums especially the early ones were all mixed down to 16/44.1 masters. Nicely done ones too, but not high-res by today's standards. This could be an issue with the critical audiophiles.

Analogue Productions recently released two 16/44.1 PCM originated masters as Stereo SACDs [Cowboy Junkies 'Trinity Sessions'/Nils Lofgren 'Acoustic Live'] with GREAT success. IMO, they did sound better than the RBCDs, probably because of the elimination of the brick wall filtering common with RBCDs.

Not likely through AF...it's a UME title, and that's where I'd expect anything to happen.

I haven't been to any of the band member's sites in years. If they have a way to contact them, might be worth a mention to put a bug in their ears....

ED :)

Not likely through AF...it's a UME title, and that's where I'd expect anything to happen.

I haven't been to any of the band member's sites in years. If they have a way to contact them, might be worth a mention to put a bug in their ears....

ED :)

I always thought that the most likely reissue label to take up this release would be Esoteric Recordings, especially since they have been very friendly to surround sound over the years and because they have reissued solo albums from every Moody Blues member except Justin Hayward.
Then again, maybe Dutton Vocalion could release a Multichannel SACD of this title. If they did, I would probably buy more than one!

:)

I have 2 AF titles - Homecoming and Best of the Doors. They sound brilliant and I really like them.

Excuse my newbie-ness on this if I'm not entirely correct but these are titles I think should be released... ASAP! :)

Multichannel mixes in existence

The Cars - The Cars
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline
The Allman Brothers band - Brothers & Sisters
Pink Floyd - The Wall

Albums that would be awesome in multichannel

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
Prince - Purple Rain (Let’s Go Crazy would sound epic!)
David Bowie - Let’s Dance
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
ELO - Out Of The Blue
Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On
Blondie - Parallel Lines

Albums that should be re released because they are too expensive now

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic
Toto - IV (poss 2018?)
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run (a proper lossless version)

I have 2 AF titles - Homecoming and Best of the Doors. They sound brilliant and I really like them.
Excuse my newbie-ness on this if I'm not entirely correct but these are titles I think should be released... ASAP! :)

Great choices all around. Some of these can be heard- there is a good upmix (from multitrack stems) of the "The Cars", there is a really good quad mix of "What's Going On", and there are great vinyl and tape transfers of some of the other existing quad titles you mention. Just drop me a PM.

I think there is a "Let's Dance" 5.1 SACD, but I don't have it. I have "Ziggy" and the mix is no great shakes, so can't imagine "Let's Dance" is much better as it was done by the same engineer.

Also I'm not sure if completed "The Wall" and "Thriller" 5.1 mixes actually exist- there are references to them being planned and even started though. So much we don't know...

Yeah I have the stereo version of Let's Dance too... Sounds good but would be so much better in MCH! Maybe it was being considered as well as Ziggy for 5.1 regarding the packaging not being specific?

Hunky Dory would be brilliant! I can imagine the rears being used a lot for the ch-ch-chan-ges. :)

I actually don't mind the Ziggy release (cranked up) so any David Bowie releases would probably please me. He came up with a lot of surprises for the Blackstar Vinyl. Who knows maybe he's got a few more surprises in store looking down from up there?!

i think there was another Bowie Stereo SACD of Scary Monsters too!?

nah! there's still huge gaps still to fill in the collection, it's a never ending quest! :D

Yup, have that one :smokin

If the Ziggy 5.1 had been a bit more discrete, I'd have hunted for STATION TO STATION in 5.1. Again, I'd have to lose a testicle or something, and buy the vinyl (see: FM thread) :rolleyes:

For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Bowi...515179?hash=item1c9f1c486b:g:YRIAAOSwwZtaZquD

DTS 5.1 !!!! <throws credit card in a gallon of water in the freezer, immediately>

Yup, have that one :smokin

If the Ziggy 5.1 had been a bit more discrete, I'd have hunted for STATION TO STATION in 5.1. Again, I'd have to lose a testicle or something, and buy the vinyl (see: FM thread) :rolleyes:

For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Bowi...515179?hash=item1c9f1c486b:g:YRIAAOSwwZtaZquD

DTS 5.1 !!!! <throws credit card in a gallon of water in the freezer, immediately>

you might find the 5.1 cheaper by grabbing the promo set (i picked one up on eBay a couple of years ago, much cheaper and smaller than the box and no vinyl.. hooray! :party )

img_4401.jpg

you might find the 5.1 cheaper by grabbing the promo set (i picked one up on eBay a couple of years ago, much cheaper and smaller than the box and no vinyl.. hooray! :party )

img_4401.jpg

Adam..is this the same mix as the DVD?...you voted a 3 on the poll for the DVD...and Blue Monk voted a 1...and I consider him a knowledgeable voter:yikes

Back