Is Pizza A World Dish

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What an odd thread but I suppose we can justify it with the terminology PIZZA IN THE ROUND.

New Yorkers are gifted with some extraordinary Pizza 'Parlors.' Locally, we have a small bistro that makes 'the woodsy....' A hot spicy thin~crusted pizza made in a wood burning oven.

Even our local Acme supermarket has their own brand [about 7 varieties] with thin crust, rising crust and all sorts of delectable toppings and sometimes blows them out 3 for $10 [and they're actually very good].

My favorite toppings are meatball and fresh garlic and they even reheat well [the sign of a good pizza to me].

Unfortunately, NONE of those pizza chains are capable of making a quality pizza, IMO.:yikes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_cOP8y6sWs

Raw egg before it's baked. Sometimes it's just an egg broken on top like sunny side up then baked. Sometimes the egg is mixed like like scrambled eggs and poured on top then baked, sometimes it's poured on just prior to additional toppings then baked - each store has its preferred method.

That's a strange topping, but maybe not the strangest. I've seen it drenched with thousand island dressing and i've seen it dipped in blue cheese dressing like it was a chicken wing.

Anchovies? I love em on pizza.

I've had white pizza that had ricotta cheese on it (delicious).

Tell me about a "pizza steel" what is it?

What an odd thread but I suppose we can justify it with the terminology PIZZA IN THE ROUND.

New Yorkers are gifted with some extraordinary Pizza 'Parlors.' Locally, we have a small bistro that makes 'the woodsy....' A hot spicy thin~crusted pizza made in a wood burning oven.

Even our local Acme supermarket has their own brand [about 7 varieties] with thin crust, rising crust and all sorts of delectable toppings and sometimes blows them out 3 for $10 [and they're actually very good].

My favorite toppings are meatball and fresh garlic and they even reheat well [the sign of a good pizza to me].

Unfortunately, NONE of those pizza chains are capable of making a quality pizza, IMO.:yikes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_cOP8y6sWs

Must not be too odd...as in a short time, it has nearly 50 responses. :)

That's a strange topping, but maybe not the strangest. I've seen it drenched with thousand island dressing and i've seen it dipped in blue cheese dressing like it was a chicken wing.

Anchovies? I love em on pizza.

I've had white pizza that had ricotta cheese on it (delicious).

Tell me about a "pizza steel" what is it?

It is supposed to be better than a stone..and you are right..getting the temperature up is the key..a normal oven can't get that high..here is one

Just grabbed a slice of cheese pizza at Costco. I’ll let myself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YUK! Love Costco's 100% beef hot dog smothered in diced onions and deli mustard with a large soft drink for a buck fifty [including a refill]

As for their Pizza..........(n)

THIS week's Costco 'coupon' special:
For those who love their coffee BOLD, 120 Keurig K~Cups of Pacific BOLD for $34.95 [that's 29 cents per cup]:banana::banana:

I'm kind of surprised that nobody..except HomerJAU... mentioned making their own pizza...I was hoping for some ideas...it's easy to buy the pizza dough at most supermarkets now...and then the fun starts:cool:

OK here are my favorites:

* tomato sauce, chicken, plum sauce, scallions

* olive oil, mozzarella, italian sausage crumbled, beef crumbled, jalapenos

* tomato sauce, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, basil

Just grabbed a slice of cheese pizza at Costco. I’ll see myself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you like to know the nutritional information for the pizza you just consumed?...sure you would...1 cheese pizza coming up..this information is from my local Costco..if you ask them they will provide that information.

CALORIES-700....CALORIES FROM FAT-250 TOTAL FAT-28(43%) SAT FAT 14(71%) CHOLESTEROL 75(25%) SODIUM 1370(57%) CARBS 70(23%) DIETARY FIBER 3(10%) SUGAR 7 PROTEIN 44 POLYUNSATURED FAT 1.5 MONO UNSATURED FAT 12....so even though that slice has a lot of saturated fat..it has almost as much monounsaturated fat...so it's almost even...not bad for comfort food..

the figures in parentheses represent the suggested daily amount used so far...

Would you like to know the nutritional information for the pizza you just consumed?...sure you would...1 cheese pizza coming up..this information is from my local Costco..if you ask them they will provide that information.

CALORIES-700....CALORIES FROM FAT-250 TOTAL FAT-28(43%) SAT FAT 14(71%) CHOLESTEROL 75(25%) SODIUM 1370(57%) CARBS 70(23%) DIETARY FIBER 3(10%) SUGAR 7 PROTEIN 44 POLYUNSATURED FAT 1.5 MONO UNSATURED FAT 12....so even though that slice has a lot of saturated fat..it has almost as much monounsaturated fat...so it's almost even...not bad for comfort food..

the figures in parentheses represent the suggested daily amount used so far...

I can ONLY imagine what their 100% Beef Frank smothered in diced onions and deli mustard nutritionally contains?:yikes

BTW, Clint, frozen pizza dough really sucks. It's been said that pizza parlors in Florida ship in water from New York as that's the secret ingredient of why New York Pizza is SO good.

I can ONLY imagine what their 100% Beef Frank smothered in diced onions and deli mustard nutritionally contains?:yikes

BTW, Clint, frozen pizza dough really sucks. It's been said that pizza parlors in Florida ship in water from New York as that's the secret ingredient of why New York Pizza is SO good.

The pizza dough that they sell here..like Publix isn't frozen..it's fresh and has to be used right away..and as far as pizza parlors shipping water to Florida..I mentioned that earlier in this thread in post 10...and Ralphie...there is no way I would even want to think about what you do to a hot dog...in my local Costco...99% of the food sold in the food court is either hot dogs or pizza...

OK here are my favorites:

* tomato sauce, chicken, plum sauce, scallions

* olive oil, mozzarella, italian sausage crumbled, beef crumbled, jalapenos

* tomato sauce, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, basil

Ok..I'm curious about the plum sauce..is it mixed with the tomato sauce(integrated)or separate..like a topping..

The town I live in is a Borough which is 1/2 mile square and there are 5 pizza places, 1 diner and 2 restaurants! Damn, what's it take to get an Arby's around here? :flame

The town I live in is a Borough which is 1/2 mile square and there are 5 pizza places, 1 diner and 2 restaurants! Damn, what's it take to get an Arby's around here? :flame

UGH - Arby's huh? On my way to work, there is an Arby's and I refuse to go there. But maybe the food is good...I dunno....

UGH - Arby's huh? On my way to work, there is an Arby's and I refuse to go there. But maybe the food is good...I dunno....

I think Ed is just looking for something different:)

I've been to Arby's twice, both times 75 miles away, the halfway point to visiting relatives in Penn. as that was the only one I knew of. Compared to McD, BK, Wendy, etc. Arby's kicks major butt! :worthy

For clarity, I'm talking about their roast beef, brisket, etc, not burgers.

Back