Kenwood xxv-05v Dvd-A/V head unit

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holland123

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
There is someone on ebay selling one of these units brand new still in the box, "old store stock" he calls it for 850.00 plus shipping, (no, it's not me) yea it seems high for a going on 20 yr old unit but in my humble opinion this and the Pioneer avh-p7600/7800's were and still are the best out there. the suggested retail for this back in 02' was 1,800.00 us but it could be had for @1,200.00. I do still think he's a little bit high, perhaps he will come down if anyone's interested.

There is someone on ebay selling one of these units brand new still in the box, "old store stock" he calls it for 850.00 plus shipping, (no, it's not me) yea it seems high for a going on 20 yr old unit but in my humble opinion this and the Pioneer avh-p7600/7800's were and still are the best out there. the suggested retail for this back in 02' was 1,800.00 us but it could be had for @1,200.00. I do still think he's a little bit high, perhaps he will come down if anyone's interested.

I see two avh-p7800 units listed, both in Texas? Used $675 and NOS $1699?

My avh-p7600 is still rocking and I paid $250 about 4 years ago. Lost the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those are also outstanding units, I believe the 7800 must be amped whereas the 7600 can be run direct, however when you have a system that nice you really want to amp it anyway.

I picked up a Kenwood KVT-915DVD monitor unit and receiver unit but still need the two (black and white) interconnect cables.
If anyone has a dead Kenwood KVT-915DVD or Kenwood xxv-05v I would be very interested in the two cables.

I will keep an eye out for you, but watch ebay closely, those come up once in a while, usually paired with the hideaway module, if memory serves me right (and usually it doesn't) I'm thinkin' the cables are also the same for the 815dvd which had a dvd-v only hideaway unit but was more popular, check that out too, good luck

No-go on the 815dvd. Looks like it only takes a single cable from monitor to receiver, but thanks for the tip anyways.

The 915 and xxv-05v require two cables, a black and a white.
You can order the Black cable from PacParts, but the White cable has been discontinued...strange.

Just gonna have to keep my eyes open til I find em.
Meanwhile, I have a lead on a Pioneer AVH-P7800DVD.

That pioneer is an outstanding unit, i believe that model must be amped, however any unit of that caliber should be paired with quality components anyways. I did see a complete kenwood xxv on ebay right now on ebay for $400. Looks pretty good to me, I've even thought about it myself for a spare cuz the price is pretty damn good. You may want to consider.

I picked up the Pioneer unit but will be a few weeks before I can install it. The unit has a MOSFET 50W x 8 amp but I will only be using it to power the center channel. I have a Kenwood KAC-3004 quad amp I want to try for the Front and Rears.

Still looking for the Kenwood cables too...

Back