Definitive List Of DTS-CDs Sourced From Quad Masters

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcorne

Staff member
I'm surprised this hasn't been done already. I thought it might be handy for any current or future members getting into the old DTS discs. I've been trying to collect all quad mixes released on digital formats and it always seems like there's one of these popping up that I didn't know existed.

Here's what I have so far:

Santana- Abraxas
Poco- Crazy Eyes
Ohio Players- Fire
Ohio Players- Honey
Steve Miller- Fly Like An Eagle
Stephen Stills- Stills
Moody Blues- Days Of Future Passed
Edgar Winter- Jasmine Nightdreams
Wings- Venus & Mars
Wings- Band On The Run
Eric Clapton- 461 Ocean Boulevard
Beck, Bogert & Appice- S/T

I must be missing a few...but it always seemed like there were far more new 5.1s from Miller/DTS Ent rather than old quads

Shame they didn't keep going with these quad discs (especially sony/columbia titles)...some of them are really good!

great idea for a thread/list..!! (y)

a few more Quads on DTS CD iirc;

Allman Brothers - At Filmore East,
BTO - Not Fragile,
Eric Clapton - There's One In Every Crowd,
Johnny Mathis - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,
Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn,
Mystic Moods - Bright Side Of The Moon,
Mystic Moods - Cosmic Force,
Mystic Moods - Erogenous

there are a few other Mystic Moods Quads on DTS CD I can't remember right now and a number of EMI/Angel Classical Quad DTS CDs I can't think of off the top of my head either, i'll get my thinking cap on when i'm not so tired! :p

great idea for a thread/list..!! (y)

a few more Quads on DTS CD iirc;

Allman Brothers - At Filmore East,
BTO - Not Fragile,
Eric Clapton - There's One In Every Crowd,
Johnny Mathis - First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,
Moody Blues - Seventh Sojourn,
Mystic Moods - Bright Side Of The Moon,
Mystic Moods - Cosmic Force,
Mystic Moods - Erogenous

there are a few other Mystic Moods Quads on DTS CD I can't remember right now and a number of EMI/Angel Classical Quad DTS CDs I can't think of off the top of my head either, i'll get my thinking cap on when i'm not so tired! :p

The Mystic Moods Orchestra: Stormy Memories with the grand piano and the sounds of nature. One of my favs.

Also, is it true [I haven't played it in years] that the DTS~4.0 ultra discrete 2 disc version of The Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East has reversed rear channels? Too bad they omitted that mix from the recent BD~A LIVE remaster.

Last edited:
Tad, or 'Quadtrade' might have the complete list, as he worked for DTS and was part of the team with Brad that got these CDs out there in the first place to support the Millennium DTS stand alone Decoder. He can also speak to the one's that 'almost' made it. :)

Actually, there may already be a thread here with most of this info......

Tad, or 'Quadtrade' might have the complete list, as he worked for DTS and was part of the team with Brad that got these CDs out there in the first place to support the Millennium DTS stand alone Decoder. He can also speak to the one's that 'almost' made it. :)

Actually, there may already be a thread here with most of this info......

Thinking we have run through this topic at least once or twice before. And with the bitchin’ search on this platform, I have newfound confidence I’ll find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised this hasn't been done already. I thought it might be handy for any current or future members getting into the old DTS discs. I've been trying to collect all quad mixes released on digital formats and it always seems like there's one of these popping up that I didn't know existed.

Here's what I have so far:

Santana- Abraxas
Poco- Crazy Eyes
Ohio Players- Fire
Ohio Players- Honey
Steve Miller- Fly Like An Eagle
Stephen Stills- Stills
Moody Blues- Days Of Future Passed
Edgar Winter- Jasmine Nightdreams
Wings- Venus & Mars
Wings- Band On The Run
Eric Clapton- 461 Ocean Boulevard
Beck, Bogert & Appice- S/T

I must be missing a few...but it always seemed like there were far more new 5.1s from Miller/DTS Ent rather than old quads

Shame they didn't keep going with these quad discs (especially sony/columbia titles)...some of them are really good!

Why limit the list to just dts-cd when your looking to "collect all quad mixes released on digital formats"?

This list of dts-cd's and an entire list of all officially released quad material digitally, will not be very long sadly.

All the classical ones from EMI/DTS are quad source. (not the later Don Jackson recordings)

Debussy Orchestral Works - Martinon, French National Orchestra (five issues)
Tchaikovsky Symphonies 4-6 - Karajan (3 issues)
Mozart Symphonies 35-41 - Karajan (3 issues)
Holst Planets - Previn
Verdi Aida - Previn
Selections from Bachianas Brasileiras (Villa Lobos, Composer conducting)
Peer Gynt and other Scandanavian Music - Berglund

Why limit the list to just dts-cd when your looking to "collect all quad mixes released on digital formats"?

This list of dts-cd's and an entire list of all officially released quad material digitally, will not be very long sadly.
I thought one was created at one point on a thread here, but I can't seem to find it.

I thought one was created at one point on a thread here, but I can't seem to find it.

I had a memory there was such a list but certain things were deleted (10+ years ago) by someone no longer with us and it might be gone.

I had a memory there was such a list but certain things were deleted (10+ years ago) by someone no longer with us and it might be gone.

Look under thread "Quad-Requads "listing...via Quadraphonic Corner Section. (Does need a bit of an udate for the past year, though )
sorry I lost the ability to provide links---(temporary setback).

Fizzy

Look under thread "Quad-Requads "listing...via Quadraphonic Corner Section. (Does need a bit of an udate for the past year, though )
sorry I lost the ability to provide links---(temporary setback).

Fizzy

Thanks this is different but sufficient for now. Ultimately this works better as a library asset or a single pinned post to update.

Back