A Sinatra Quadio Box?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, this Scoobie Doobie Quad talk has been forgotten...but not by me....yes we have Vocalion taking our mind off this...and we have the Elliot Scheiner Guns release coming.....but let's not forget about this wonderful box. :)

maybe the rampant rhino will do a "shoobie doobie doo" too and drop a Sinatra Quadio box set someday..! 🤭

...give me one for my baby and one more box set for the car, i mean, for the road..! 🤪

maybe the rampant rhino will do a "shoobie doobie doo" too and drop a Sinatra Quadio box set someday..! 🤭

...give me one for my baby and one more box set for the car, i mean, for the road..! 🤪

One could ONLY dream. Unfortunately, the Frankie masters have reverted to the Sinatra estate and unless Nancy's boots that were made for walking deliver those masters to the folks at Warner/Rhino.........the only doobie, doobie, do we'll get will come in the form of a JOINT!

One could ONLY dream. Unfortunately, the Frankie masters have reverted to the Sinatra estate and unless Nancy's boots that were made for walking deliver those masters to the folks at Warner/Rhino.........the only doobie, doobie, do we'll get will come in the form of a JOINT!

with a bit of luck that Stampeding Rhino will trample all over Nancy, face it all, stand tall.. and do it 4-way.

with a bit of luck that Stampeding Rhino will trample all over Nancy, face it all, stand tall.. and do it 4-way.

Let's be perfectly FRANK, Adam. Even if stampeding Rhino gave Nancy the boot, September of My Years and FS's Greatest Hits were only rumored to have been remixed into 5.1 for that long ago 00 DVD~A launch.

Let's be perfectly FRANK, Adam. Even if stampeding Rhino gave Nancy the boot, September of My Years and FS's Greatest Hits were only rumored to have been remixed into 5.1 for that long ago 00 DVD~A launch.

there's a gazillion Frankie goes to Vegas Quads (ok, five..!) 5 x Sinatra Quads.. 3 albums, a live record and a Hits comp., all in surround, that ain't rumours, they're all for real and ready to shoobie doobie doo in Quaddy waddy woo..!!!

there's a gazillion Frankie goes to Vegas Quads (ok, five..!) 5 x Sinatra Quads.. 3 albums, a live record and a Hits comp., all in surround, that ain't rumours, they're all for real and ready to shoobie doobie doo in Quaddy waddy woo..!!!

So, Adam, if you can squeeze your tootsies into Nancy's big white boots, what are you waiting for? BTW, the Rat Pack and Sinatra @ the Sands DVD~As are ambience ONLY but had NO idea about all the rest. Was September of My Years actually remixed?

But the fact remains, the Sinatra estate owns all of the Reprise Masters and Warner would have to license the QUADs from them so would it really be cost effective?

Last edited:

I've never heard the Sinatra Quads...BUT...even his CD's(the older ones)sound excellent...

The five Sinatra Quad era albums are not some of his best. The worst is "Some Nice Things I've Missed", which is cringe-worthy. "The Main Event" isn't bad, but it's live, so, there you go - not very "surroundy". "My Way" isn't bad, but it only has the one hit on it. The "Greatest Hits, Vol 2" again has "My Way" and "September of My Years" ("when I was 17, it was a very good year.........), so that one wouldn't be horrible, but again, not classic Sinatra. The best of the bunch, IMHO, is his comeback album "Old Blue Eyes is Back". Although there are not any chart hits (it was 1973), there are some solid tunes that most people of that era would probably know.

Still, there is no Nelson Riddle era Frank in surround out there, other than the live stuff that came out on DVD-A.

The five Sinatra Quad era albums are not some of his best. The worst is "Some Nice Things I've Missed", which is cringe-worthy. "The Main Event" isn't bad, but it's live, so, there you go - not very "surroundy". "My Way" isn't bad, but it only has the one hit on it. The "Greatest Hits, Vol 2" again has "My Way" and "September of My Years" ("when I was 17, it was a very good year.........), so that one wouldn't be horrible, but again, not classic Sinatra. The best of the bunch, IMHO, is his comeback album "Old Blue Eyes is Back". Although there are not any chart hits (it was 1973), there are some solid tunes that most people of that era would probably know.

Still, there is no Nelson Riddle era Frank in surround out there, other than the live stuff that came out on DVD-A.

IMO, the BEST of Sinatra's Reprise Years is the awesome "The Concert Sinatra," the brilliant September of my Years and the lovely Francis Albert Sinatra/Antonio Carlos Jobim recordings [available in an expanded edition from Concord Records]
http://www.concordmusicgroup.com/albums/SinatraJobim-The-Complete-Reprise-Recordings/

Nothing, IMO, could equal the CAPITOL Years when his voice was in primo shape and the arrangements [as noted by Jon] by Nelson Riddle caressed his voice like a golden spoon. MoFi has released some superb sounding Mono and Stereo SACDs from the original master tapes of Sinatra's Capitol Years which are now controlled by UMG. https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?searchterm=frank sinatra sacd&sort=popularity|DESC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid

Conspicuously absent is the pinnacle, IMO, of his Capitol Years: ONLY THE LONELY........sigh!

Last edited:
Conspicuously absent is the pinnacle, IMO, of his Capitol Years: ONLY THE LONELY........sigh!
You mean this?

CMF792.jpg

Portions of the Sinatra catalog have been reissued on Gold CD (Audio Fidelity) and SACD (Mobile Fidelity) in the past.
The key to a suggested Sinatra Quadio Box would be getting it approved by the Sinatra estate.

Portions of the Sinatra catalog have been reissued on Gold CD (Audio Fidelity) and SACD (Mobile Fidelity) in the past.
The key to a suggested Sinatra Quadio Box would be getting it approved by the Sinatra estate.

I think the estate largely consists of Nancy these days. Based on what I see of her on Twitter, all we have to do is convince her that a Quadio box would really annoy Tr*mp and she'd be all over it. (I'm trying to gauge my level of facetiousness and am honestly having a hard time of it.)

Back