Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, what is the usual frequency of new pop/rock sacds from Dutton Vocalion? I keep checking for the follow up to Guess Who/Derringer, ready to pounce.

I don’t know if they have a set frequency to when they release titles, but I’m expecting a new batch of pop rock titles either this month or next month, and like most of their titles, they should be really good ones! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, what is the usual frequency of new pop/rock sacds from Dutton Vocalion? I keep checking for the follow up to Guess Who/Derringer, ready to pounce.

Dutton Vocalion and Dutton Epoch alternate between Classical and Easy Listening/Pop reissues. Best bet is to have a look at their new release blog to see if you can discern any pattern
http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/blog/

Dutton Vocalion and Dutton Epoch alternate between Classical and Easy Listening/Pop reissues. Best bet is to have a look at their new release blog to see if you can discern any pattern

Couldn't have said it better myself, Mr. DSD, Esq. I suspect the next batch will be classical SACDs from Dutton~Epoch [hopefully discrete affairs from Columbia/RCA 70's QUAD masters].

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe we’re getting to the stage when they can re-re-release some of the SACD releases from the 00’s? o_O

Gotta love DV/NativeDSD for delivering such a good service. Can’t wait for the next batch...

AFAIK, the main initiative is still to reissue Quadraphonic mixes that have never had a modern-day release at all, especially if they have not been reissued on SACD.
Given how many Columbia & RCA mixes that encompasses, I still see plenty of good times ahead for us and DV!

:)

AFAIK, the main initiative is still to reissue Quadraphonic mixes that have never had a modern-day release at all, especially if they have not been reissued on SACD.
Given how many Columbia & RCA mixes that encompasses, I still see plenty of good times ahead for us and DV!

:)

The good thing is you can still find bargains out there if you look hard enough. I keep getting pleasantly surprised by finding new (but old) surround titles that were released. Some of them have silly prices but there are loads around that I’m really pleased to have got for reasonable prices. And it’s completely down to information from this brilliant website. :cool:

That was a great suggestion. I did it. Conclusion: Not frequent enough! I wish there were a couple new ones each month in the pop/rock category.

Only a couple? I would have preferred at least five!

I'm shocked D~V can release as many quality discs as it does on a fairly steady basis...and in such a short time. If you recall, we'd be lucky if AF released 2 QUAD/5.1 SACDs every other month....and one D~V TWOFER equals 2 QUAD albums in their entirety. Add to that the original liner notes especially commissioned for their QUAD projects and one is looking at a hefty amount of [what I call] creative voodoo!

Of course, we know you're in jest, oxenholme because with all those two~fers D~V HAS released........it's usually OVER FIVE at any given time. Last batch included THREE QUAD two~fers and a Stereo SACD. WOW!

Last edited:
suggestion = deliver us more lovely Quads before Christmas (please), ye Dutton Vocalion rapscallions!? :ROFLMAO:

I think there will be more, but it will be more of the easy listening stuff, not the more pop/rock stuff that we have been getting lately.
There are holes that need to be filled... ;)

They are waiting likely and seeing delays themselves. And they never announce until they have the discs in-stock, as everyone knows.

I didn't order the Poco batch yet, as I'm waiting until I can do a big "super order" with the newer next things coming included. But I might have to break down and just order since I already have the funds set aside for my quad fix.

I'm really surprised that DV hasn't announced the next batch....

Looking at their announcements on the Dutton Vocalion Blog archive suggests that November (this month), January or February would be the most likely next release time based on past patterns. :)

Dutton Vocalion Blog Announcements.png

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/blog/

Back