Surround Audio Systems for Modern Cars

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
is there any chance to get a car in germany ore europe which has the new els system build in?
acura in germany is called Honda Automobiles
Maybe there should be other automobile brands include the els system ?
as i know the acura rdx is`nt availeble in germany ore has another name from honda​
Norman​

Hi
is there any chance to get a car in germany ore europe which has the new els system build in?
as i know the acura rdx is`nt availeble in germany ore has another name from honda​
Norman​

I just wanted to mention that a member from Germany posted about a BMW that will play 5.1 flac and you could send him a PM and I'm sure he would help you.....HERE is the post...it's not the ELS system but it will play 5.1

Geez Louise, I sure wish there were a sane way to retrofit other makes/models with 5.1. My 2017 Legacy has the required speakers in good locations.
Is an aftermarket upgrade remotely feasible?

I doubt it...because newer vehicles have these "entertainment" hubs which control a myriad of functions for the vehicle...it's not just the old "stereo" slot...it's a maize of electronic functions that is centrally located in this "hub"...and music is just one of the many functions...

It might be possible. Go to crutchfield.com and click on the "Find what fits your car" link under the "Car Audio & Video" tab to see if it is. Crutchfield provides harnesses and instructions if it is possible.
I did. The only thing possible is to install a gizmo that will attempt faux surround.
A Kick something.

I did. The only thing possible is to install a gizmo that will attempt faux surround.
A Kick something.
Yeah, you won't find any surround head units at Crutchfield. My point was they will tell you how to patch into your existing system with a wiring harness that plugs into the existing speaker wires under the dash. They give away the installation kits if you buy a head unit, but sell them separately as well. With an installation kit, you can look at retrofitting something else, but it won't be easy on later model cars.

Yeah, you won't find any surround head units at Crutchfield. My point was they will tell you how to patch into your existing system with a wiring harness that plugs into the existing speaker wires under the dash. They give away the installation kits if you buy a head unit, but sell them separately as well. With an installation kit, you can look at retrofitting something else, but it won't be easy on later model cars.
My experience is the opposite. Rep was ready to sell me a DVD head that could do DTS 5.1, but said they didn't have a wiring harness that could match.
That's what they said, anyway. Back-pedaled after getting me all excited. Not sure if that's gospel truth though.

My experience is the opposite. Rep was ready to sell me a DVD head that could do DTS 5.1, but said they didn't have a wiring harness that could match.
That's what they said, anyway. Back-pedaled after getting me all excited. Not sure if that's gospel truth though.
OK, I misunderstood your earlier response that they could install a "gizmo" to mean they had a harness. If they don't have a harness, then it won't be easy.

Hi
Norman​
As much as I know, it's not possible, but you could get something similar

Back