New Nosound album "Allow Yourself" (5.1 FLAC files with Burning Shed preorder)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There should be workshops there, I asked a few times about any workshop possible for us, but you can also forward your request for some sort of Surround workshop, I'd happily meet some of you or have a chat about the surround mixing process etc. :)
Alright, I cannot attend afterall. On the same day there is a gathering with family and friends which I prefer to be at :) Would have been nice to meet the band in person. Maybe another time.

Have fun everyone who is going, will be a great day.

The Allow Yourself release is almost here :dance
If anyone has any issues with the Burning Shed downloads PM me, and I'll see what I can do :51QQ
Much appreciated! When I received my shipping notification from Burningshed, I hurried to the download section to check if the full set of flacs was there, but no... We must wait until Friday!

Yes guys tomorrow late afternoon will put the files on :)

I just want to say publicly Thank You to Duncan, who I had the pleasure to meet and since then has been of HUGE help in moments of "omg too many things to do I forgot the files!" :-D

Him like everyone on this forum, thank you, and I hope you'll enjoy the massive downloads you'll get. Oh and by the way, in Holland in December for our gig I'll give a fully fledged 5.1 surround mixing workshop...anyone joining?

G

Hint hint..... ;-)

Go in your Burning Shed account and re-download the Allow Yourself file...is now a whopping 1.7gb full of high quality mp3s, uncompressed binaural WAVS and uncompressed 5.1 FLACs...all nicely tagged and organised thanks to the fantastic help of Duncan...cheers mate!

So..is now there available for you guys!

Hint hint..... ;-)

Go in your Burning Shed account and re-download the Allow Yourself file...is now a whopping 1.7gb full of high quality mp3s, uncompressed binaural WAVS and uncompressed 5.1 FLACs...all nicely tagged and organised thanks to the fantastic help of Duncan...cheers mate!

So..is now there available for you guys!
Downloading now, most likely won't be able to listen to it until Saturday, but really excited to finally have it on my (virtual) hands

00c7c45f2be01f850232d0eec4876b3c.jpg

Very nice Giancarlo! I really like what I’m hearing, no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I gave it a first listen in the car yesterday and I sadly must admit I was horrified! Not the best moment of the day neither listening conditions. I ended up skipping some songs and eventually changing the music. It was a kind of WTF moment, as this is not the Nousound band I love.

Today I copied the binaural to my mobile and had a quick listen while working to the first half of the record. Uhmmm, I don't know what i was thinking of yesterday, but today's listen has been much better. I'm still in a kind of shock, but I got a very much better impression.

Next listen will be tomorrow afternoon at home, to the 5.1, and will be a focused session. I really hope my liking progression continues!

I'll keep on reporting about my experience. (Giancarlo, please don't hate me for my first impression!)

Guys, I gave it a first listen in the car yesterday and I sadly must admit I was horrified! Not the best moment of the day neither listening conditions. I ended up skipping some songs and eventually changing the music. It was a kind of WTF moment, as this is not the Nousound band I love.

Today I copied the binaural to my mobile and had a quick listen while working to the first half of the record. Uhmmm, I don't know what i was thinking of yesterday, but today's listen has been much better. I'm still in a kind of shock, but I got a very much better impression.

Next listen will be tomorrow afternoon at home, to the 5.1, and will be a focused session. I really hope my liking progression continues!

I'll keep on reporting about my experience. (Giancarlo, please don't hate me for my first impression!)

Not hating at all, and always curious to see reactions. I think the key is in "this is not the Nousound band I love", something that we got a lot from existing fans, and to be expected to a some level (that's why then who appreciates it says we were ballsy to take a risk that was needed).

Problem is the same that many and much bigger bands faced before me, that fans (me included!) tend to get attached to a version of the band that is typically the one at their first listen, while for the artists that version needs to be changing constantly otherwise you risk becoming stale or self indlugent in what you know fans like and is easy for you (like most artists who remain the same during their careers end up doing).

The key to make this album was to actually take this risk, go over my own or others' expectations and do simply what I really wanted...and I think the result is by far the most mature and better in every possible aspects of all the albums I've done till now :) I know is not possible to 'force' this attitude in the listener, so I'm perfectly fine with the outcome...as expected some previous fans wanted more of what I've done already (and more than enough for me :p), and on the other side many new comers loved it (mostly from non rock or prog related audiences as that's not the music I like or listen to anyway).

I hope that more and more listens will also reveal this album for you, it's a much more emotional and direct album than any other previous Nosound. And anyway thanks for listening to it and letting me know :)

Back