Bitches Brew Quadraphonic SACD from Sony Japan

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, sorry. That's what I meant to say. It's discreet 5 or 5.1 (not at home right now so can't check).

I just ordered. Thanks for the clarification. And added 2 20 packs of CD anti~static poly inner sleeves http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-5613

140.jpg

Last edited:
The USA 2002 SACD is 5.1. Discrete, though instruments bleed into other channels in different ways. For example McLaughlin's guitar is 'Shhh-Peaceful' is typically in the left front and in the *right* surround simultaneously. On that track Miles is mostly center channel, keyboards are most prominent in surrounds.

I very much doubt there is any difference whatsover with the Japanese SACD

It's here it's here it's finally hear in Quad!!!...

Alright Mr. Davis, I'm ready for my close-up...to listen to Bitches Brew in Quad!!!

Ooga-chaka, ooga-ooga. Ooga-chaka, ooga-ooga. Ooga-chaka, ooga-ooga, Ooga-chaka, ooga-ooga
I can't stop this feeling deep inside of me Bitches Brew in Quad!!! you just don't realize what you do to me......

I'm a bitch I'm a bitch Oh the bitch is back Stone cold sober as a matter of fact I can bitch I can bitch 'Cause I'm better than you It's the way that I move The things that I do Oh-oh-oh
The BITCH is back in Quad!!!

May the Jazz be with you in Quad!!!

...OK intervention, I'm gonna stop now :whistle:

...and just to clarify in case you were wondering, my copy of BITCHES BREW IN QUAD from CDJapan is finally in my grubby little ears...all 4 of them :51QQ

P.S. with the release of all of this Quad!!! we been gettin' shouldn't we have a 4.0 banana, just sayin' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awww screw it, just one more...

The Jazz is strong with this one in Quad!!!

I ordered from ImportCDs about a month ago with $5 discount code and it came to $53.55 shipping and tax. Mine arrived yesterday! First time dealing with the 7" packaging, but it's nice. Well worth it even if it had cost much more. I balked at the 2000's Japanese "Stereo Only" SACD when the cost was $70 at the time. Glad I waited for this release.

This is a Holy Grail Quad IMHO. I saw this title all the time in the 1970s, but didn't get the record until 10 or 20 years ago. I finally decoded it about 10 years ago with the scripts. There's a LOT of content here, and I notice new things about this title every time I've listened to it. It's certainly earned its place in history.

Sound Quality best I've ever heard. It's really great that in 2018 we're getting Quadraphonic titles from out of the vaults! I will definitely buy all the Sony Japan Quadraphonic titles that are available. Hopefully they'll keep coming.

I ordered from ImportCDs about a month ago with $5 discount code and it came to $53.55 shipping and tax. Mine arrived yesterday! First time dealing with the 7" packaging, but it's nice. Well worth it even if it had cost much more. I balked at the 2000's Japanese "Stereo Only" SACD when the cost was $70 at the time. Glad I waited for this release.

This is a Holy Grail Quad IMHO. I saw this title all the time in the 1970s, but didn't get the record until 10 or 20 years ago. I finally decoded it about 10 years ago with the scripts. There's a LOT of content here, and I notice new things about this title every time I've listened to it. It's certainly earned its place in history.

Sound Quality best I've ever heard. It's really great that in 2018 we're getting Quadraphonic titles from out of the vaults! I will definitely buy all the Sony Japan Quadraphonic titles that are available. Hopefully they'll keep coming.

Nice to see you again OQG!!!

Sound Quality best I've ever heard. It's really great that in 2018 we're getting Quadraphonic titles from out of the vaults! I will definitely buy all the Sony Japan Quadraphonic titles that are available. Hopefully they'll keep coming.[/QUOTE said:
Are there any other Sony Japan Titles derived from the quad mixes besides these?:

Miles Davis: Bitches Brew
Jeff Beck: Wired
Jeff Beck: BBB
Jeff Beck Group: Rough and Ready
Jeff Beck Group: S/T
Beck, Bogert, Appice: S/T
Santana: Lotus
Carol King: Tapestry

Miles Davis: IISW?? This one doesn't seem to have the packaging like the others and isn't from q Quad mix, so I'm not including it for now.

Are there any others I'm missing? I tend to lean towards the quad / quad-derived mixes since my system is only 4.0, YMMV

Back