Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, now I am having fun, GNR, 5.1 Blu Ray, DTS-HD Mstr 96Khz, 70 db. I have a chicken pot pie and tater tots in the oven, not sure if I'll be able to hear the timer. So far best surround of 2018 but The White and Imagine are coming.
13061.jpg

Am I the first to get this?
I've listened to the 5.1 and the Quad now and I'm impressed by the clarity of the 5.1 but underwhelmed by the surround mix compared to the Quad, reading the book Lennon wanted the recording to be in front of you and not all around, I had to turn up my rear speakers to hear what was there, a marked difference to the Floyd and Rob Reed I was listening to yesterday!
Here's the menu:

Choose stereo or 5.1 on this screen:

Here's the Quad screen

The clouds are constantly moving and the speaker icon moves to indicate which song is playing

Received yesterday from a japan seller. The Walmart exclusive editionView attachment 35785

Was listening to this last night: excellent! Solely Ronnie vocals (he died in a plane crash not far from where I live). The surround mix highlights the guitars, as it should. . . .

Ed King, the bassist, died recently (and was a former member of Strawberry Alarm Clock!).

I got neighbours getting yard work done with jack hammers going on, so I decided to listen to some Metallica to drown out the noise :SG. Playing Metallica -Through the Never . It is in Atmos though I dont have an Atmos setup. This one has some serious house shaking sound effects. Giving the subwoofer a huge workout with all those explosions. Amazing mix. Though I gave up on Metallica a long time ago since the Black album, I think anyone into Metallica should get this! Get the Eurpoean relase because it is the only one with the Atmos mix.

I got neighbours getting yard work done with jack hammers going on, so I decided to listen to some Metallica to drown out the noise :SG. Playing Metallica -Through the Never . It is in Atmos though I dont have an Atmos setup. This one has some serious house shaking sound effects. Giving the subwoofer a huge workout with all those explosions. Amazing mix. Though I gave up on Metallica a long time ago since the Black album, I think anyone into Metallica should get this! Get the Eurpoean relase because it is the only one with the Atmos mix.
I LOVE Through the Never, even though I gave up on Metallica after Garage Inc. The 3D is super-well done. I can't wait to catch the full 3D/Atmos experience when I get home, since obtaining a Denon X6400H affordably! :51QQ

And how do you like Sagebrush Serenade? (This is now a demo song for me!)

Did you play the whole thing yet? It's chock full of demo songs- my faves are "Sagebrush" (as mentioned), "Bitter Blue", "Just Call My Name", and "Angel". Though really everything is pretty awesome :)

One of my fave discs EVER.

Last edited:
PT- In Absentia

I gotta say one of the standout tracks for me on this one is the b-side "Drown With Me"- it's an excellent tune and it might be the best surround mix on the disc!

There's this incredible moment during the breakdown of the song, where ES completely isolates the acoustic strumming in the center channel, and Steven's overdubbed harmonies enter one by one from each corner of the room. FL, FR, RL, RR. Wow!

drown.jpg

In your photos the backlighting always matches your screen tone... very cool! Is that an automatic feature or do you manually change the led color? And how do you like Sagebrush Serenade? (This is now a demo song for me!)

My Tv is the PHILIPS 40PFL8007.This Tv has the ambilight system. The ambient light changes with the color of the image.

Sagebrush serenade sounds amazing. The complete album sounds amazing

Back