BluRay Music Video Poll Porcupine Tree - ANESTHETIZE [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray Disc of Porcupine Tree's ANESTHETIZE

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters
Nothing to add that hasn't been said. Voted 10. It would be great if PQ were a little better, but the music and mix are top-tier.
This is the Steven Wilson I love...

Agreed.. the fidelity and discrete handling for a live show are top notch. Took me awhile to get this but well worth the wait.
Nothing less than 10 from me.

Not only all that, for me...the emotion of this show is huge! I mean, this show is the real deal...love it.

Just re read your previous posts Gos..I'm in the same boat, knew nothing about his band or Mr Wilson until I started to use this forum. Now I'm fortunate to own all his releases in surround and saw him live earlier this year. This man is a living maestro ( did put God initially!!) I can only give him my truly honest praise. He has opened my ears and eyes to a whole new fantastic, spectrum of music that is now top of my play lists.

Bass Communion yes...I get your drift now..not sure about others. I will have to see what else is out there. Still be interesting to find out.
I'll give a shameless plug for the SW MC series on my Life in Surround youtube channel. I go over every SW, PT and project multichannel album I know of.
I hope some day soon to cover his remixes too.

I'll give a shameless plug for the SW MC series on my Life in Surround youtube channel. I go over every SW, PT and project multichannel album I know of.

And why not!! Will have a look at that, ta.....Even twice:)

I'm going to do all my 10s in reviews first and this is an easy one.
I've never heard a better mic-ed drum performance than the title track. I prefer it to the studio version of the song from FOABP.

I found myself wishing they just kept the camera on Gavin so we could watch the drum magic he was performing. He's got an amazing ability to do rhythmic loops that add to the songs while still holding down the metronome duties.

He gets some freedom due to the fact Colin Edwin on bass is not a particularly wild player. He holds down the bottom end and adds flavor but even when he has a lead part it's still kind smooth and silky not aggressive.

The band's performance overall was amazingly tight even by PT standards. They played effortlessly and the songs all benefitted from that.

The surround mix was definitely a concert not studio feel but certainly not just ambience. It was more like a front row concert spot maybe even a sitting on the edge of the stage.

I don't really care about the video lameness from a resolution perspective. Some of the best live shows I've been to have been less than well lit. I'm there for the sounds. But I do agree with folks saying the video editor had a jump cut addiction. It's OK to let it linger on someone long enough for our eyes to focus.

The surest sign how good this is for me is I'll grab it when I don't even intend to watch the vid, because the playing, songs and sounds are as good as the studio bits.

Back