Audio Fidelity...What's Your Number??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
LOL! I thought it might be fun to list which number you have for your Audio Fidelity releases......I know it will/would be hard to compare as folks will be randomly posting titles...etc. Oh well. This could be a flop of a thread...lol! I'll start.....a random grab off the shelf.

Sly and the Family Stone - Limited Edition #1499 (out of how many...who knows)

I’ll bite. I’ve only got three MoFi CDs (I’ve got some vinyl, too), and coincidentally they all have women with exposed underwear on the cover:
Rush “Permanent Waves”: 1649
The Cars “Candy’-O”: 2404
Foreigner “Head Games”: 1934

Edit: I just realized you said AUDIO Fidelity. That’s okay... I really just wanted to point out that my three MoFi discs have a common theme on the covers! :LOL:

I’ll bite. I’ve only got three MoFi CDs (I’ve got some vinyl, too), and coincidentally they all have women with exposed underwear on the cover:
Rush “Permanent Waves”: 1649
The Cars “Candy’-O”: 2404
Foreigner “Head Games”: 1934

Edit: I just realized you said AUDIO Fidelity. That’s okay... I really just wanted to point out that my three MoFi discs have a common theme on the covers! :LOL:

Whenever there are women with exposed underwear on the cover, I firmly believe that the LP versions sound superior.

The funny thing, are we sure these golden stickers are even accurate?

Betcha NOT!:eek: IMO, another marketing gimmick to make the purchaser feel SPECIAL! Low Numbers on vinyl pressings, IMO, are more meaningful as a stamper can only press so many 'quality' discs until it becomes unusable!

Last edited:
My lowest AF is # 0005 The Best of The Doors, bought for me as a gift shortly before they announced closure. Other titles not sure offhand my tablet died that had my collection info catalogued.
I read that SH whatever mastering he was involved in collected the # 0002's on related titles. Maybe he'll part with those one day and I'm sure vanity will win out and there will be signatures in hopes of value increases.
My number 0005 is locked away, seeing some used are up to 199.00 "asking price" I wouldn't want it accidentally opened, as I have one and I prefer the Blu-Ray release from Rhino anyways.

"Breezin": 0480
"Super Session": 1894
"Child is Father to the Man": 2482
"Nightbirds": 1730
"Best of Bread": 2265
"Blood Sweat & Tears": 3108
"Best of the Guess Who": 1289
"Open Our Eyes": 1878
"Winelight": 1488
"Homecoming": 1236
"Streetlife Serenade": 2327
"Birds of Fire": 2722
"Sly and the Family Stone Greatest Hits": 1852
"Loggins & Messina": 2233
"Jeff Beck Group": 1450
"Colors of the Day": 0752
"Thrust": 1736
"Muscle of Love": 1685
"Bob Dylan Live 1964": 0417
"Hearts": 1380
"Spectrum": 0612
"Head to the Sky": 1002
"Eli and the Thirteenth Confession": 0436
"The Collection": 1443
"Full Sail": 1312
"Secret Treaties": 1573

That's quite a list!

:)

Blood, Sweat & Tears - S/T: 2439
America- Homecoming: No sticker
The Doors - Best of: 0978
Bread - Best of: 2207
The Guess Who - Best of: 2243
Grover Washington Jr - Winelight: 1565
George Benson - Breezin’: 0550
Jeff Beck Group: 1077

Sticker must have come off my America disc. Is that little gold sticker the only means of finding the number? Anyway, since I’m Canadian, all of my numbers are metric.

Back