AnyDVD Question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MKV will contain video and audio. MMH to convert the MKV file’s audio to FLAC

Of course I am confused. Did the video that I got with the rip contain the music tracks?
I checked the two boxes like you have, Title and Audio DTS-HDMA stereo, (this Stones disc is bluray but not 5.1)
How do I get Properties to appear?
What is MMH? Like another program or encoder like with Foobar?
I'm sorry, I know you have explained this a million

In MakeMKV the disc view (tree view) has an audio node, if you open it you see the audio tracks with basic data. Ensure you select the audio track you want to convert.

MMH is Music Media Helper which you can download here on QQ in the MCH Media Player section.

OK, getting there, downloaded MMH, what a bitch to download.
This is where I am at.
MMH>open>Split MKV to FLAC> another window opens>Open MKV File>Found the what was a video in My Documents>opened The Rolling Stones>Typed Album and Artist> gave me choices for tagging, all good>Top Of Window says: USING: DTS (stereo) 24/192Khz, (This is good for this rip as the choice is dts-HD master audio).
So far I think it is going perfect.
But I cannot figure out how to get these tracks from MMH to a folder and then to JRiver. Very close now.

The FLACs are in the same folder as the MKV file you selected. You should be able to find that and copy or move the files to where JRiver is looking it’s files.

OK, getting there, downloaded MMH, what a bitch to download.

The PDF docs should be up to date for the install. Hopefully that explains the process. If not, let me know if I can improve the info. The actual download and auto install is a Microsoft ‘Click-Once’ process so its outside my control.

Home for lunch ripping my first Blu Ray in 5.1. So far so good.
Question for layman: If I understand correctly the MKV will rip the entire video menu with the selection I have made, stereo or 5.1. So the final rip is really a big video menu that players like my JRiver can't play.
Then by using Music Media Helper you can select the tracks only from the initial video rip and rip the tracks only, creating a new folder that can be put in harddrive and then to JRiver for playback.
This appears how it is working for me as I am now successful in the BD rips.
I just wanted to have a sense of education in this process. Do I have a good understanding?

The MKV file that is created will contain (decrypted/unprotected):

For each Title selected (it creates a file per title):
The video
All the audio tracks you select
Chapter markings

So the MKV can include both 5.1 and stereo (if selected). It doesn’t contain a menu.

MMH will convert your selected audio track (in MMH) to FLAC, splitting into files at the Chapter marking to give you individual FLACs per song and can add tagging to those FLACs, renaming files to song titles.

You can also playback the MKV files with most decent software to see the video and listen to audio in its original format (lossless conversion). JRiver, Kodi, VLC etc

MakeMKV can convert BDV, BDA, DVDV and UHD BD to MKV (lossless file with original video and audio streams). For UHD BD you need specific BD drives (very limited number)

Last edited:
I use Kodi for both audio and music video/concerts. There is an MMH video tool that will split MKVs containing video into individual MKV files (with audio too) and can rename the files as song titles. The split is by chapter encoded on the disc.

MMH can create Playlists that contain audio and/or music videos. I use these a lot in Kodi. Playlists for Best Quads, Acoustic Guitar songs in Surround, Surround Demos, Best Concert songs, etc

Last edited:
The MKV file that is created will contain (decrypted/unprotected):

For each Title selected (it creates a file per title):
The video
All the audio tracks you select
Chapter markings

So the MKV can include both 5.1 and stereo (if selected). It doesn’t contain a menu.

MMH will convert your selected audio track (in MMH) to FLAC, splitting into files at the Chapter marking to give you individual FLACs per song and can add tagging to those FLACs, renaming files to song titles.

You can also playback the MKV files with most decent software to see the video and listen to audio in its original format (lossless conversion). JRiver, Kodi, VLC etc

MakeMKV can convert BDV, BDA, DVDV and UHD BD to MKV (lossless file with original video and audio streams). For UHD BD you need specific BD drives (very limited number)

For Mac users, can DVD Audio Extractor accomplish the same as MMH? Specifically, can DVDAE split the selected audio track into files and then convert to FLAC? Or will DVDAE be limited to converting the entire selected audio track into one giant FLAC file?

For Mac users, can DVD Audio Extractor accomplish the same as MMH? Specifically, can DVDAE split the selected audio track into files and then convert to FLAC? Or will DVDAE be limited to converting the entire selected audio track into one giant FLAC file?
I use DVDAE on a PC and it rips the Blu-ray and splits it into individual flac files (but requires decrypting software, such as AnyDVD). But it doesn’t always work.

DVDAE will do it on a MAC with MakeMKV but you need to use MakeMKV backup the disc to a directory not convert to MKV. Then use DVDAE option to open the directory/folder image created by MakeMKV. The backup proceeds is quite slow as it processes the entire disc (so you end up with a digital copy of your entire disc).

I was successful in my first BD-A rip. I had a few mistakes but I bounced back and got it. The MKV is easy of course, the Music Media Helper is a little tricky with tagging and then going back to the folder I put it in. I just need to do some more and get better. I will say all my rips sound better going HDMI out of NUC to my reciever. I think it is because my Audessy correction is on when I play a physical disc and when my HDMI goes through the HDMI Aux Input port there is no Audessy because I never turned it on. My awesome rig can even sound better win/win.

In MakeMKV on the top right there is a folder name and small button to select the output folder.

You can also just enter a folder name into that text box prior to ripping. Example you could enter c:\BDA\Pink Floyd - Animals

And if the folder doesn’t exist MakeMKV will prompt ‘Do you want to create?’ And if yes, it will rip the selected Titles into that new folder.

In MMH just open that new folder select a title and that’s where it will create the FLAC files

Newby here on ripping DVD-A's and using foobar.
I have the DVD Audio extractor program running and I have successfully ripped about 5 so far today and used foobar to play he flacs in 5.1.
The question I have is that a couple of DVD-A's are showing as stereo only during the initial rip stage.
Is there something I'm doing wrong (more than likely) or is this a common fault with a few discs?
How can it be rectified?
One of the discs in question, is The Best Of Mickey Hart -Over The Edge and Back DVD-Audio. I wonder if it only reads the stereo layer? there are two others : Advanced Res 6ch and dolby digital.
Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated, as the music dinosaur moves into the 21st Century. :eek::)

Newby here on ripping DVD-A's and using foobar.
I have the DVD Audio extractor program running and I have successfully ripped about 5 so far today and used foobar to play he flacs in 5.1.
The question I have is that a couple of DVD-A's are showing as stereo only during the initial rip stage.
Is there something I'm doing wrong (more than likely) or is this a common fault with a few discs?
How can it be rectified?
One of the discs in question, is The Best Of Mickey Hart -Over The Edge and Back DVD-Audio. I wonder if it only reads the stereo layer? there are two others : Advanced Res 6ch and dolby digital.
Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated, as the music dinosaur moves into the 21st Century. :eek::)
So, when you fire up DAE, can you see on the left pane, different audio choices? Meaning, Can you see 2 channel, 6 channel etc as choices?

So, when you fire up DAE, can you see on the left pane, different audio choices? Meaning, Can you see 2 channel, 6 channel etc as choices?

I can, as in the one I'm ripping now 'Porcupines Tree Stupid Dream' which auto went to 6 ch.

But I'm fairly sure that the ones I'm having problems with didn't have those options, only stereo, but will need to recheck now the memory is playing tricks.:unsure::rolleyes:

Back