Dual Disc Show us yer discs! Let's see your DualDiscs!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
ahh... and so dear QQ-er, we turn our attentions to the oft-maligned "DualDisc"..!

in all honesty in a slightly bizarre way i do have a wee soft spot for this weirdo format that tanked Sony's SACD programme and all but killed off surround music for a while..

here's some photos to get us started :hi

a variety of Sony surround titles

57B02yl.jpeg

American Beauty but no Working Man's Dead? Was one ever made? I have both in surround on DVD (and stereo MoFi and the excellent HDCD boxes), so I suppose adding a DualDisc would be overkill. . . .

American Beauty but no Working Man's Dead? Was one ever made? I have both in surround on DVD (and stereo MoFi and the excellent HDCD boxes), so I suppose adding a DualDisc would be overkill. . . .

yes! afaik Workingman's Dead didn't get a DualDisc release, only DVD-Audio, unlike American Beauty.. overkill? what's that! :LOL:

yes! afaik Workingman's Dead didn't get a DualDisc release, only DVD-Audio, unlike American Beauty.. overkill? what's that! :LOL:

It's a shame as Workingman's Dead is rather pricey nowadays, while the American Beauty DualDisc can be had very cheaply. I got mine for like $5 at FYE.

The Brick ain't cheap these days either- I couldn't believe it when I sniped one last year for like $110.

Thanks Adam, I ordered 2 0f your Dual Disc's, Gretchen Wilson and John Mayer, $26.00 for the two, not bad.

anytime matey! (y)
there were two John Mayer 5.1's, both on SACD and DualDisc.
"Room For Squares" had some Rear activity but recall it being pretty muted relative to the Fronts. "Heavier Things" I remember being a better balanced surround presentation.

its been a while since I played it but i have a recollection that Gretchen Wilson was not half bad surround at all (which I wasn't expecting tbh!)

It's a shame as Workingman's Dead is rather pricey nowadays, while the American Beauty DualDisc can be had very cheaply. I got mine for like $5 at FYE.

The Brick ain't cheap these days either- I couldn't believe it when I sniped one last year for like $110.

Having just ripped a ton in the last two months, looking at the lay out, the quality of recording, etc, The Brick is a super deal even at $300.00 plus dollars. You can also buy the discs individually on Amazon if you wanted to.
They sound tremendous compared to many of others and might even be the best of Dual Discs, assuming the listener likes the music.

Adam is confused! :cool:

:unsure:

I was just messing with him. It's a fake I made up about 7 or 8 years ago. I forget what for. I thought it was for something here but I can't find a thread about it. I remember I spent a lot of time making it look legit. I thought I did a pretty good job if I say so myself. Even got that number right!

Sadly, it's a figment of my imagination. A QQ mirage.

Adam is confused! :cool:

:unsure:

I was just messing with him. It's a fake I made up about 7 or 8 years ago. I forget what for. I thought it was for something here but I can't find a thread about it. I remember I spent a lot of time making it look legit. I thought I did a pretty good job if I say so myself. Even got that number right!

Sadly, it's a figment of my imagination. A QQ mirage.

Fabulous FAKE, Jon. You had us ALL fooled except, of course, Sherlock Buckley.

But in doing so, you made Adam do unnecessary research when he could've been Trick or Treating as Freddie Bleu Kruger

freddy_kruger_by_outlaw68-d6slkz9.jpg

Last edited:
I only have several....

41830031525_c90b7dd101.jpg
39611981295_a247ec6fa7.jpg

26043669397_b1169914ba.jpg
3994931978_965ede90fd.jpg

wow!! quality makes up for quantity! you don't need me to tell you that Time Out DualDisc you have is super rare! i've been looking for one for sensible money for many years without success.. and that Brothers In Arms DualDisc is sought after too! very nice, thanks for sharing the images!! :love:

Back