First Album release in Involve Quad format: Suzanne Ciani Live Quadraphonic

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're in Europe and really really want an original copy, look at Ebay here.
I, for me, care less of it at that price figure...

-Kristian

If you're in Europe and really really want an original copy, look at Ebay here.
I, for me, care less of it at that price figure...

-Kristian

Actually, if you do not have a SM and was to decode Involve/ QS/ RM/EV/ stereo/ Ambiosonics/ Q Sound/ dummyhead its a real bargain as it includes a full decoder and power supply, less case.

I just purchased the box set . I can't wait to play it through my vintage quad setup (Sansui QRX 8001 receiver, SR 838 tt w/AT15sa cart(Shibata styli), 4 SP 1200 speakers. The idea of a new quad release is fantastic!
With the technology of today and the ongoing interest in vinyl , it would be great to start pressing new quad lp's . The testing was done years ago for the vinyl companies to decide on the best matrix format for the masses. We now know that multiple matrix formats are not good for business . There are countless turntables already out there that can play quad (minus CD-4).

I just read the info on the CYKIK site . As a quad fan , I applaud the efforts in bringing in new quadraphonic technology . Record companies , the tech is here !

I just read the info on the CYKIK site . As a quad fan , I applaud the efforts in bringing in new quadraphonic technology . Record companies , the tech is here !

Hi
Remember, you also get an Involve surround sound decoder board with the disc....try it out compared to your Sansui decoder!

I will check out the decoder for sure. I collect mostly Sansui quad hardware, but I have others like Tate Fosgate -Tate II , Sony decoder , Sony SQ receiver. So , yes I can't wait to receive the box set.

I will check out the decoder for sure. I collect mostly Sansui quad hardware, but I have others like Tate Fosgate -Tate II , Sony decoder , Sony SQ receiver. So , yes I can't wait to receive the box set.

I love the old Sansui stuff to, pity whats happened to them. Sansui, Nakamichi, Akai, Emmerson were all acquired by Grande Holdings who had no understanding of the value of these brands. They basically used these names to rebadge crappy Chinese lower market stuff. I know as I designed the Nakamichi dragon electrostatic speaker back in 2007 - the Grande group had a $600 million loss and basically cut the product...only 200 made, I sold 140 and some were buried in the UK as land fill!

I love the old Sansui stuff to, pity whats happened to them. Sansui, Nakamichi, Akai, Emmerson were all acquired by Grande Holdings who had no understanding of the value of these brands. They basically used these names to rebadge crappy Chinese lower market stuff. I know as I designed the Nakamichi dragon electrostatic speaker back in 2007 - the Grande group had a $600 million loss and basically cut the product...only 200 made, I sold 140 and some were buried in the UK as land fill!

where were they buried? :unsure:
i'm handy with a shovel.. ;)

where were they buried? :unsure:
i'm handy with a shovel.. ;)

I really dont know, the idiot financial types of my then company Immersion PLC decided it was all too hard to sell (before I could get my paws onto them) and actually buried them! I also found 20 sets in an obscure storage dump in Holland and another 40 in a similar area in Australia (one of the employees tried to take them). Some I sold under the brand name "WHISE - HA1500.

Hell I am not bitter, I just lost $3 million personally and left with $50,000 after taxes to restart my company

Here is a photo and a bit of history - I know its off topic, but I claim you could play the Cianni record off them!!

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/to...e-and-fortune-nakamichi-dragon-electrostatic/

https://www.hifizine.com/2013/03/th...ew-with-charlie-van-dongen-and-rob-mackinlay/

DSC_6107Large.jpg

Whise-HA-1500-electrostatic-hybrid-loudspeaker.jpg

Anyway - back to quad - I HAVE 4 OF THESE AT HOME!!!!!

Forgot to mention. Believe it or not our speaker company was reborn as an oil exploration company - true story!

chucky3042

Yeah , big corporations know how to waste money. The company I worked for would spend $80,000.00 on a project that they could not get off the ground , then drop it in a dumpster for recycle. Then deny my request for an IPAD that would make my job more effecient . Happened many times in the forty years I was with them.

Beautiful speakers! Would love to have a set of four for my quad setup. I love my Sansui's , but your WHISE - HA1500 speakers make my SP 1200's look like square turds!

Attachments

• IMG_20181102_235137.jpg
    IMG_20181102_235137.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 132
This is a link to a podcast interview with KamranV in which he discusses his plans for hopefully extending quad music production into the future. In the interview he also goes into his reasons for selecting this particular surround format. As you know, he kicked off this endeavor with the release of Suzanne Ciani LIVE Quadraphonic. The podcast is definitely worth a listen.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/11/01/quadraphonic-sound-podcast/

Yeah , big corporations know how to waste money. The company I worked for would spend $80,000.00 on a project that they could not get off the ground , then drop it in a dumpster for recycle. Then deny my request for an IPAD that would make my job more effecient . Happened many times in the forty years I was with them.

I worked for a company that made a big deal out of having an "all hands" meeting in a single location and really encouraged everyone to go. I refused, but those who went reported that one of the big topics of conversation was how important it was to stop spending so much money on travel.

They also enjoyed demanding that certain things get done while taking away the tools that would allow that to happen. (I use "enjoyed" intentionally and consciously...there's a lot of outright sadism in the modern workplace. It's the time of year to be thankful, so I'm going to continue to be thankful for retirement!)

This is a link to a podcast interview with KamranV in which he discusses his plans for hopefully extending quad music production into the future. In the interview he also goes into his reasons for selecting this particular surround format. As you know, he kicked off this endeavor with the release of Suzanne Ciani LIVE Quadraphonic. The podcast is definitely worth a listen.

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/11/01/quadraphonic-sound-podcast/

please, please, pleeeeeease.. while i 'get' the initial gimmick/marketing strategy (even if it mildly pissed me off i couldn't buy the first new Quad LP in nearly forty years!) i implore the people behind this, consider making your future Involve-encoded LP releases more widely available, more affordable (and standalone!) than the first offering..

please, please, pleeeeeease.. while i 'get' the initial gimmick/marketing strategy (even if it mildly pissed me off i couldn't buy the first new Quad LP in nearly forty years!) i implore the people behind this, consider making your future Involve-encoded LP releases more widely available, more affordable (and standalone!) than the first offering..

Subtle hint.....We have one last copy (shhh , don't tell anyone!)

Back