PINK FLOYD - DSOTM - QUAD reel to reel tape 7 1/2 Allan Parsons mix QUADraphonic...... Copy or What????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
What do you think ...........???????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-FLOYD...h=item56bb8d2950:g:1L8AAOSweMdb-w49:rk:4:pf:0

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny how these keep popping up- I started a thread just like this over a year ago.

At least this seller admits it's homemade:
Condition: I have played this tape several times and found no issues. I do not know the source of this tape but I believe it is original analog. It is possible and likely that this is the UK Harvest 8-track release of Alan Parson's original mix. It is also possible that it is closer to the original source.

if not more than pleased by the play of this tape you may return it... but more likely, you will start your day listening to this tape for the rest of your natural life. This tape is unique and likely from the UK. The white Scotch 3M reel/tape is a UK/Europe version.

This is being sold as a 1 cent auction item as a collector to a collector of vintage open reel tape. The box label, hard case and the tape inside were crafted during the heyday of quad and R2R tape. This came from a rare collection curated and expanded over many years by an astute collector of music.

Do people not know about the Blu-ray?

It's funny how these keep popping up- I started a thread just like this over a year ago. I have to wonder if those bidding are simply unaware the BD-A exists, or if they think the reel is legit and want it just for collectability.

In my experience, Jonathan, ignorance has always been bliss. Open Reel fanatics [like I USED to be] are hungry for product but they should also be aware what WAS and what WAS NOT available in that now defunct format. And whether 'casual' Floyd fans are aware of the DSOTM immersion box set is anyone's guess.

A great looking Boot nonetheless. It was inevitably made from the QUAD BD~A, was further dolbyized so should at least sound pretty darn good. As it should for that price!

FAKE FAKE FAKE

Stolen StereoTape graphics, probably a copy of the DTS CD that came out what, 10 years ago, of the Alan Parson mix. Not from the Q8, but from the safety reel copy.

Sadly, just like people are spending $80+ for bogus Beatles BluRay Audio discs on eBay, there are quite a few fake reels being sold there as well for large amounts.

As I've said in earlier posts when these things surface, buyer beware, and if those buyers are too dumb to find the material legit then at least they might enjoy what they (over) paid for with this stuff.

In the old days, eBay would have cut these things off quickly. Today, they don't seem to care.

If eBay isn't removing this stuff like they used to, it means that the Copyright/Trademark owner must file a claim for items like this to be removed. So, folks would need to contact the company or person who owns the Copyright so they can file a claim. That's the only way to remove it off eBay it sounds like. Certainly, anyone who buys said product and finds it to be Fake, can also file a claim.

I like eBay, but it certainly can be a place full of garbage.

It also doesn't help people bidding and purchasing these things. It creates a market for people to pirate recordings on Ebay.
As for the actual UK 8 track, I have one that looks even worse but plays perfectly.

Is this fake? I did a search but I dont see any legit dsotm q4 reels, there was also a wywh
View attachment 53695

Hi. furui_suterioo

There was rumours going around that there was a Q4 Reel to Reel of DSOTM but there was only a Q8 8 track cartridge and LP only this is a faaaaaake....

Back