What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

More Quad tapes came the other day.

( Electra. Q4 ESTQ 50580QF Star Drive Intergalactic Trot )-
( London. Q8 LON L-77902 An Evening With MANTOVANI )-

IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4063.JPG
Mantovani  .jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All

I got in the post the other day some Q8 & a Q4 tapes the Q4 tape is a bit of a rarity to get.

( A&M. Q4 4CHA (M)-14 -Quincy Johnes You`ve Got It Bad : Japanese Tape )-
( RCA. Q8 PQ8-1442 -The Guess Who Wheatfield Soul )-
( RCA. Q8 PQ8-2064 -The Jimmy Caster Bunch Phase Two )-
( RCA. Q8 AOT1-0141 -Jose Feliciano Compartments )-

IMG_4116.jpg
IMG_4117.JPG
Untitled_Panorama2uu.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1uu.jpg
uu2 IMG_4107.jpg

Last edited:
Was just doing some diggin' around on discogs, and found this title which I've never seen anywhere.
https://www.discogs.com/Ramsey-Lewis-The-Movie-Album/release/8142067
I'm a fan of Ramsey's music; anybody here familiar with this title for surround mixing etc.
I'm doing research and may try to put a system together in the future for Q8; but time is short.
RAMSY LEWIS THE MOVIE ALBUM Q8.jpg

Think that ALL the people in QQ see this for the SECOND time max... the existence of a Imagine Q4 Jap was totally unknown until two months ago, when one surfaced from nowhere...

Was just doing some diggin' around on discogs, and found this title which I've never seen anywhere.
https://www.discogs.com/Ramsey-Lewis-The-Movie-Album/release/8142067
I'm a fan of Ramsey's music; anybody here familiar with this title for surround mixing etc.
I'm doing research and may try to put a system together in the future for Q8; but time is short.
The quad mix is nice and discrete.
Be sure and switch front right with left back channels on this one (release number begins with a C ).

Three new ones I'm working on tonight...

View attachment 37134

I feel a tinge to start collecting these, NO DON"T, stay focused Marpow. The collector in me is screaming for a new hobby, I have had stamps, coins, rock posters, model cars, laser discs, bottles and God knows what, and I know others are worse than me.

Hi. All

More Q8 have arrived.

( GRT. Ranwood Q8 C7058-8003 -Lawrence Welk Love Is Blue )-
( GRT. Soundbird Q8 7509 H -Mystic Moods Erogenous )-
( London. Q8 PAR L 771065 -Engelbert Humperdinck My Love )-
( Atlantic. Q8 ATL QT-72560798 -Spinners )-
( GRT. Dot Q8 C 7150-26006 -Donna Fargo My Second Album )-

This tape is not a Q8 Tape but has 4channel on the cover so I bought it out of curiosity It might be a matrix tape I`ll come back with my findings with this one..
( Orion. 4ch tape Japanese.... )-

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg
Untitled_Panorama4.jpg
Untitled_Panorama5.jpg
Untitled_Panorama6.jpg

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All

More Q8 have arrived.

( GRT. Ranwood Q8 C7058-8003 -Lawrence Welk Love Is Blue )-
( GRT. SounMoid Q8 7509 H -Mystic Moods Erogenous )-
( London. Q8 PAR L 771065 -Engelbert Humperdinck My Love )-
( Atlantic. Q8 ATL QT-72560798 -Spinners )-
( GRT. Dot Q8 C 7150-26006 -Donna Fargo My Second Album )-

ROFL!! :LOL: "SoundBird" buddy, "SoundBird". Oh man. Best post ever. :ROFLMAO:

These three came over the last few days:

Q8s_1-18.jpg

They're all pretty good! The Captain & Tennille is one of the better A&M quad mixes I've heard, and the Mac Davis is a typical uber-discrete Columbia.

The Fiddler OST was the real surprise- I'm shocked they got as much out of it as they did. It's another "on the stage" mix, rather than "in the audience". Not sure how many tracks they had to work with, but generally the orchestra is presented in stereo across the rears with some slight leakage to the front. Different vocals pop up in all four corners, and sometimes the lead vocal moves across the fronts as if the actor is waking around the stage.

I have that Broadway Fiddler. Based on the date, I'd expect it was mixed from either a three or four track.

A couple years ago, I got the 2 Q8 Topol movie soundtrack.

Love Capitain & Tennille. I ordered a car and held off on some Q8 new releases I wanted. When I installed the Q8, it was one of those I bought. Love the Broddy Bounce.

Back