HiRez Poll N.E.R.D. - IN SEARCH OF..... [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of N.E.R.D. - IN SEARCH OF.....

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Wow, nobody has voted on this one yet?

I really like this disc. N.E.R.D. (No One Ever Really Dies) gets pegged as a rap or hip-hop act, but their musical stylings transcend such descriptions. There is a heavy dose of funk, soul, R&B and good ol' rock 'n' roll rolled up in there as well. These guys are inventive, talented and passionate about their craft, and it shows. This is a really fun disc! The surround mix is very adventurous and fits the music to a "T". Eight strong points.

This is one of the best disks I've ever heard.

I've always said Rap/Hip Hop could benefit the most from Surround Sound, just because of how much of it is a production art. This disks demonstrates my point beautifully. The mix is masterfully done.

An instant classic in my book. This is a 10.

(This music might not be for everyone. That said, if you enjoy really aggressive mixes, this is one you can't pass on.)

this is a great disc, good music. good surround, good production

I've noticed this one is starting to disappear off the shelves at the local record stores.

If you are even slightly interested in this one I would really recommend you buy it.

This has become one of my favorite DVD-A disks. It's a top 5 disk, that's for sure.

This disk has everything that makes DVD-A such a great format. A great menu lay out, a fantastic mix, and great bonus features. It even has a 6.1 mix (DTS only.)

I wish there were more releases like this one.

I found one of these today.

I'm going back to get it after reading the comments.

I guess I was judging a book by it's cover.

Thanks.

I found one of these today.

I'm going back to get it after reading the comments.

I guess I was judging a book by it's cover.

Thanks.

Same here.

There's been a copy sitting at a local BB for years.

The cover made me think pure RAP which I just can't handle. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I'll second that this is a very serious release. I have used it as a multichannel demonstration disc to people into new music. The release trancends very well from rap into other genres.

These chaps have potty mouth. :)

I like this disc. It is far more sophisticated than some the cRap I hear dwafting from my kid's rooms.

Great surround mix and well produced. An interesting blend of musical styles.

Definitely worth the $21.99 it cost.

The reviews above were absolutely spot-on. An exemplary surround mix, and one that elevates an already diverse and meticulous production job by the Neptunes. Perfect separation. Great use of effects. Great sound quality throughout. Do whatever you have to do to have this mix somewhere in your home. 10.

Review video, explaining my vote of "9":

Nice overview of a FAV album, Mike. Always loved N.E.R.D. and as you say, the mix is superb. And it points to a great deficiency in Surround remixes for Hip Hop and Rap which, IMO, would bring these recordings to a whole different level.

BTW, I noticed in your rack of music, Rambient's So Many Worlds which I think is a great underrated album, superbly remixed into 5.1 and featuring some gorgeous music. Maybe you could spotlight that album in a future episode....or under the banner Music that Slipped Through the Cracks.

51tz6cInr7L.jpg

Last edited:
Back