HiRez Poll Jarreau, Al - ALL I GOT [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Al Jarreau - ALL I GOT

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Fidelity, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this HiRez surround release.

(y) :phones (n)

I have had this Universal/Verve/GRP release for some time and haven't listened to it in months. It is a very good album by a great singer. Great musicians, soulful, jazzy, and I would guess sexy stylings for the opposite sex. I am sure Al doesn't worry much about sales, there isn't a single hit song here. It includes a duet with Joe Cocker of all people. Just got it out to look at it and it shows it to be single layer, darn, thought it was a hybrid. I will listen again soon and pay attention to the surround mix before voting, but I recall it is a first rate effort all around.

Chris

What is going on folks?
This is a joke right. Last review 2006!!

Another release that is soooo good
An easy 9
If not more
C'mon get this one
Its really that good
Fabulous mix
Great music
Fantastic singing

Don't waste your time on recent mediocre releases in surround.
Get this one

I really should look into getting commission for my enthusiasm..:)

What is going on folks?
This is a joke right. Last review 2006!!

Another release that is soooo good
An easy 9
If not more
C'mon get this one
Its really that good
Fabulous mix
Great music
Fantastic singing

Don't waste your time on recent mediocre releases in surround.
Get this one

I really should look into getting commission for my enthusiasm..:)

Beerking, a very fine George Benson/Al Jarreau collaboration from the folks at Monster Music. Discrete 5.1 surround in DTS and a lossless LPCM 96/24 stereo remaster, as well:

61Z8U7y0MOS._SL1000_.jpg

A few USED copies still available from AmazonUS: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...F8&condition=used&qid=1545459906&sr=8-4-fkmr0

Last edited:
Ok Beerking you convinced me I bought a copy off the bay. I'll see what I think when it arrives.
Good thing I'm not easily persuaded......

Yes, sorry about my over the top, passionate persuasion. I just would like as many people as possible to enjoy what I'm hearing. Although it may rebound on me as the prices seem to be going up to cater for increased demand!!:unsure:

Yes when I looked on Amazon they had a copy for $80!
But got lucky and found a used one for $15 on ebay. Don't think we'll see that price again

this is one of the ways where i think Discogs has come into its' own for our hobby, smoking out copies of surround stuff at decent prices that used to command higher sums.. case in point, there were 3 of these Al Jarreau SACDs on Discogs yesterday all well under that Amazon price point.. in theory it should be driving down prices on eBay & Amazon but it generally doesn't seem to have done since i've picked up so much stuff cheap the last few years on Discogs that still goes for silly money on eBay & Amazon.

this is one of the ways where i think Discogs has come into its' own for our hobby, smoking out copies of surround stuff at decent prices that used to command higher sums.. case in point, there were 3 of these Al Jarreau SACDs on Discogs yesterday all well under that Amazon price point.. in theory it should be driving down prices on eBay & Amazon but it generally doesn't seem to have done since i've picked up so much stuff cheap the last few years on Discogs that still goes for silly money on eBay & Amazon.

I've got almost all of these Monster titles, and they are all realllly excellent Sound Quality. These seem to vary in price considerably, you just have to be patient :whistle: and hunt down decent prices. I know I searched years for the "LEE RITENOUR - 6 STRING THEORY" which is my favorite of the bunch. These are very rare, and when they come up for sale may fetch $80-$120. I found some on Amazon just a couple years ago for about $15- NEW; I gotta believe the seller didn't know what they had.:dance

I look there first when I'm looking for a title....and the sellers seem more reliable....I've gotten SACDs from Poland that came to me without a single crack on the case..and for these older out of print titles...that's not always easy to find...and the descriptions are more accurate too....I use discogs quite a bit...but Ebay is hard to beat when you want a specific CD title....you can look at a picture of the CD and case and make sure it's the version you want...I rarely buy from amazon if I'm looking for a used disc....

I look there first when I'm looking for a title....and the sellers seem more reliable....I've gotten SACDs from Poland that came to me without a single crack on the case..and for these older out of print titles...that's not always easy to find...and the descriptions are more accurate too....I use discogs quite a bit...but Ebay is hard to beat when you want a specific CD title....you can look at a picture of the CD and case and make sure it's the version you want...I rarely buy from amazon if I'm looking for a used disc....

I still need to try buying from discogs, rely mostly on ebay cause of the photos, If I'm not sure about Amazon I'll sometimes send the seller an email asking for verification of format and condition, but even then it's risky business.

I still need to try buying from discogs, rely mostly on ebay cause of the photos, If I'm not sure about Amazon I'll sometimes send the seller an email asking for verification of format and condition, but even then it's risky business.
I've had 100% good transactions on discogs. The same can't be said for Amazon or eBay.

Back