Steven Wilson An Update on Steven Wilson's Remix Work

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.....likely the days of Wilson racking up the multi-channel remixes is mostly done. Personally, I could care less about XTC...I purchased all previous ones and they collect dust. I just can't get into them as much as I wanted them to. So......there's Tull. Which I do like, but to be honest....I'm getting tired of those too. I want diversity, not more of the same.

I know, I know. I get it. :) Maybe it's the gloomy, rainy day that has me grumpy. lmao

The beers I plan on drinking later will perk me up....that's a fact. :SG

Clarifying that the Tangerine Dream box set was not [in his words] "strictly speaking a remix project" and basically adds three full CDs of newly remixed unreleased studio material to the set doesn't bode well in my mind as to the rumored 'surround' content of this box set.

As always, I wish Steve Wilson well in all his endeavors and glad to see we will be awarded new XTC, no~man and Jethro Tull [Stormwatch] 5.1 remixes later this year....and just maybe [finally] The Seeds of Love!

The surround content in the upcoming Tangerine Dream box set is not a rumor. It's just been revealed in the latest publication of SoundonSound (which includes a substantial article about Steven's remixing work) that the box set will contain both "Phaedra" and "Ricochet" in 5.1 surround, along with a 5.1 mix of an unreleased album recorded in 1974.

The surround content in the upcoming Tangerine Dream box set is not a rumor. It's just been revealed in the latest publication of SoundonSound (which includes a substantial article about Steven's remixing work) that the box set will contain both "Phaedra" and "Ricochet" in 5.1 surround, along with a 5.1 mix of an unreleased album recorded in 1974.
I do have a lot of interest in this.....but I fear the cost.

Well maybe it could be released , but any Purple in surround would not be a SW priority as I don't believe I've seen him mention he'd do any for the Purple People.
From the SoundOnSound article:
"For example, at one point I was asked if I wanted to remix the back catalogue of a legendary rock band, but they just couldn't find enough of the tapes," Wilson says.
Could that be Purple?

I could definitely use some kind of reassuring update on when this one will get released; I might not be around in 5 more years for the 50th anniversary- 🙏

1687950725893.jpeg

I could definitely use some kind of reassuring update on when this one will get released; I might not be around in 5 more years for the 50th anniversary- 🙏

View attachment 93264
Funny, yesterday I found out that the model on the cover died in 2002 at age 44!!!! and THAT is her BIIIG SMILE

Back