Music DVD Poll ELO (Electric Light Orchestra): Zoom Tour Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V of "ELO - Zoom Tour Live"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, content, graphics & Video

• 1 - Complete Waste of Plastic. Avoid.

• Total voters
I've had this one for years, but I only started paying attention to the 5.1 mix recently. All in all, this is a proper live release in every aspect. The sound is great (thank you Mr. Scheiner). The song list is fairly comprehensive for fans of all eras of the band. And Jeff Lynne still sounds great though you can tell he re-organzied some of the harmonies to be a tad lower...

For an ELO fan, this is a no-brainer. But even for the casual listener, this is a really great disc. Gave it a 10.

One of those rare concerts with an aggressive surround mix. Just about everything (though favoring support elements) makes it's way to the rears, at one point or another. Elliot Scheiner meets ELO.
Very nice performance. I don't know anything about the original band, so I don't care who is on the stage. They all kick ass.
Beware of copies originating from the Russian Federation...:devilish:

Last edited:
One of those rare concerts with an aggressive surround mix. Just about everything (though favoring support elements) makes it's way to the rears, at one point or another. Elliot Scheiner meets ELO.
Very nice performance. I don't know anything about the original band, so I don't care who is on the stage. They all kick ass.
Beware of copies originating from the Russian Federation...:devilish:

As an avid ELO fan It's very pleasing to read other peoples positive reviews on this band. I have had the DVD for a number of years but only recently listened to it again ( I know Huh). Time for my own review then...

Last edited:
My all time favourite band is ELO
So it won't surprise you that this will be heavily biased in that regard
I have seen the new ELO twice live in recent years in the UK.
And they were and are, totally 100% fantastic
Even took me kid brother to see them for the first time, last year..he was completely amazed.

This DVD is utterly brilliant for a devotee like me.
Yes there are only 2 left of the original lineup.
But heyho..the music is just as good with this band.
And to have ES mixing it..well that's just the icing on the cake.
All those songs in surround
Heavenly

Okay no more wittering

A Full Wattage 10:QQlove:QQlove:QQlove:QQlove:QQlove:QQlove

Last edited:
Beerking,

This dvd has a topnotch surround mix. No doubt about it.

I think the performance is ok , but there you go ok.
I'm also a big fan of ELO.
There is a dvd of their's , Early Years which contains an absolutely stellar performance.(73/4 I think), however the surround is tepid or tame.
Regardless of the molasses-surround mix I recommend it.

I recommend it for the original line up (minus Wood) and tunes . I wish more of the early albums were in surround , btw.
This would be one of those concert bands I would have loved to see in the early seventies. No wonder John Lennon was such a fan.

We just have to convince Jeff Lynne to start remixing his albums and ELO's in surround. Don"t know why this is not occurring.

(FWIW there are 2 quad unreleasd ELO albums sitting in the can, wasting away)

Beerking,

This dvd has a topnotch surround mix. No doubt about it.

I think the performance is ok , but there you go ok.
I'm also a big fan of ELO.
There is a dvd of their's , Early Years which contains an absolutely stellar performance.(73/4 I think), however the surround is tepid or tame.
Regardless of the molasses-surround mix I recommend it.

I recommend it for the original line up (minus Wood) and tunes . I wish more of the early albums were in surround , btw.
This would be one of those concert bands I would have loved to see in the early seventies. No wonder John Lennon was such a fan.

We just have to convince Jeff Lynne to start remixing his albums and ELO's in surround. Don"t know why this is not occurring.

(FWIW there are 2 quad unreleasd ELO albums sitting in the can, wasting away)

Yes I have that DVD of ELO Early Years...great music indeed.

I too wish that Jeff would consider releasing all the ELO albums in surround after the first one(which we have already)
What, 2 Quad releases doing nothing ..suffering succotash!
Rockaria

Yes I have that DVD of ELO Early Years...great music indeed.

I too wish that Jeff would consider releasing all the ELO albums in surround after the first one(which we have already)
What, 2 Quad releases doing nothing ..suffering succotash!
Rockaria

He didn't even include surround on his own blu ray concert...I doubt we see anything from him in surround...these days surround is practically always used..on these rock/pop concerts...

Yep 2 !

And 2 I like alot.

ELO II
plus
Eldorado

Fizzy, we are blood brothers in our ELO appreciation. Eldorado is a masterpiece, in fact I like all the album's up to Time. But for me their heyday was up to and including A New World Record (1976).
I've got 'On the Third Day' cd on repeat in my car at the mo....It followed Eldorado.
Can neva get enough ELO!! 😎

Fizzy, we are blood brothers in our ELO appreciation. Eldorado is a masterpiece, in fact I like all the album's up to Time. But for me their heyday was up to and including A New World Record (1976).
I've got 'On the Third Day' cd on repeat in my car at the mo....It followed Eldorado.
Can neva get enough ELO!! 😎

Umm I think it preceded Eldorado , but that aside , I'm kinda pissed that we can't get those two quads . Who wouldn't be ?

Eldorado , to me, was their pinnacle disc.

The stereo disc does pan out nice for any quad decoder , lots happening in that recording. Had the U.A. pressing and always wondered if UA were doing something to sweeten the prize .

On The Third Day is no slouch either . This ol scouser git would love to see em all in surround asap though.
Well .....they don't belong in no dust bin .

Too bad about Lynne's preference..........hopefully one day he will change his mind.

In the meantime well....I just can't get it out of my head .

Umm I think it preceded Eldorado , but that aside , I'm kinda pissed that we can't get those two quads . Who wouldn't be ?

Eldorado , to me, was their pinnacle disc.

The stereo disc does pan out nice for any quad decoder , lots happening in that recording. Had the U.A. pressing and always wondered if UA were doing something to sweeten the prize .

On The Third Day is no slouch either . This ol scouser git would love to see em all in surround asap though.
Well .....they don't belong in no dust bin .

Too bad about Lynne's preference..........hopefully one day he will change his mind.

In the meantime well....I just can't get it out of my head .[/QUOTE

It's okay I ment it followed my CD playlist in the car!!

Count Me In with the ELO blood-brothers Society! The first seven albums are all masterpieces. And of course they would all be amazing candidates for surround. And considering that ELO is one of the few bands that Steven Wilson would take a vacation from his day job to mix, it's an even bigger crime that it isn't happening.

A “9” from me. The sound is very good. The surround mix is very good for a live recording. The camera work is only so-so in that I would have liked to see the people playing featured parts. Rosie Vela looks nice though. :).

I’m a big ELO fan (although not THAT big I guess. Lol) and I didn’t know this existed until I stumbled across this thread the other day. Ordered a cheap, but sealed PAL copy. Disc arrived today. So nice to have this!

I love this forum for being able to find gems like this!

Would LOVE it if SW would take on the classic 70s albums!

Back