What "LIVE" albums would you ABSOLUTELY LOVE to be released on SURROUND SOUND?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rush-Exit...Stage Left.
Not technically a 'Live' album as i read many overdubs were performed at Le Studio during mixing but still a favourite of mine.
I always dreamed there might exist a Quad version but the format was dead by 1981?
Desktop 2.jpg

Last edited:
Rush 1980-02-14 Kiel Auditorium, St. Louis, MO
ohhh I remember my great friend in Madrid, Fernando giving me an mp3 of the boot and a year later, the LP came out!!!
How I miss my car subwoofer!!! This show REALLY MOVES SOME SERIOUS AIR!!!!
It goes crazy during Natural Science and Xanadu..and funnily enough the bass is the same in the boot and on the LP...
Takes me back to the Philly Spectrum when I saw them both nights on the Signals Tour!!!

ohhh I remember my great friend in Madrid, Fernando giving me an mp3 of the boot and a year later, the LP came out!!!
How I miss my car subwoofer!!! This show REALLY MOVES SOME SERIOUS AIR!!!!
It goes crazy during Natural Science and Xanadu..and funnily enough the bass is the same in the boot and on the LP...
Takes me back to the Philly Spectrum when I saw them both nights on the Signals Tour!!!
I have a rip of the official Anthem Records LP. Much better than the widely circulated FM broadcast fan recordings.
It's my favorite Rush show. Totally definitive versions of many of the songs. They were on fire that night. I think it's a strong contender for Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary live bonus material.

I have a rip of the official Anthem Records LP. Much better than the widely circulated FM broadcast fan recordings.
It's my favorite Rush show. Totally definitive versions of many of the songs. They were on fire that night. I think it's a strong contender for Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary live bonus material.
And now you have my attention!
I only have a CD quality rip of the pre-broadcast LP. It's still really nice. Has this little bit of identifying info: Catalog: GKP: GKP 2001-2
Love to hear a HD transfer of that! :)

And now you have my attention!
I only have a CD quality rip of the pre-broadcast LP. It's still really nice. Has this little bit of identifying info: Catalog: GKP: GKP 2001-2
Love to hear a HD transfer of that! :)
The pre-broadcast LP is the Anthem LP. Distributed to radio stations to promote the MP tour, but never commercially released.
I'll have to see if my version is any better than 44.1/16. Even if it isn't, it's easily one of the best sounding Rush concerts and gets my vote for all-around most interesting/well-played Rush shows on record.

The pre-broadcast LP is the Anthem LP. Distributed to radio stations to promote the MP tour, but never commercially released.
I'll have to see if my version is any better than 44.1/16. Even if it isn't, it's easily one of the best sounding Rush concerts and gets my vote for all-around most interesting/well-played Rush shows on record.
Agreed! Some of the best renditions of these songs I've ever heard them play (and that includes the studio versions). I think this is a live 2-track mix? It has some balance quirks here and there that suggest it wasn't remixed from multitrack. The mix is pretty great either way but props if it was mixed live in the mobile truck night of. If this exists on multitrack and was remixed to 5.1 by Steve Wilson this would be the definitive Rush album for all time. It's still kind of the definitive Rush album as is.
Puts Exit Stage Left to absolute shame (as do many other live recordings of them even if they might not be pro fidelity).

Agreed! Some of the best renditions of these songs I've ever heard them play (and that includes the studio versions). I think this is a live 2-track mix? It has some balance quirks here and there that suggest it wasn't remixed from multitrack. The mix is pretty great either way but props if it was mixed live in the mobile truck night of. If this exists on multitrack and was remixed to 5.1 by Steve Wilson this would be the definitive Rush album for all time. It's still kind of the definitive Rush album as is.
Puts Exit Stage Left to absolute shame (as do many other live recordings of them even if they might not be pro fidelity).
Could not agree (and hope) more. Glad to know another Kiel '80 lover!

Grand Funk Live Album. This has to be one of the most poorly recorded live albums of all time, so a 5.1 mix would be a waste of time. But I had to name it because the performance just kicks some serious ass!!

Back