SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My maiden voyage tonight. Worked without a hitch, right out of the gate. (Please excuse the multiply mixed metaphor.) Even with the operator slightly buzzed on two strong beers.

I chose to rip to ISO r/t DSF, since foobar2000 handles one as easily as the other. Easy-peasey! Tomorrow I'll see if I can replicate the results while perfectly sober.

I chose to rip to ISO r/t DSF, since foobar2000 handles one as easily as the other. Easy-peasey! Tomorrow I'll see if I can replicate the results while perfectly sober.
I convert my ISOs directly to FLAC, to me the DSF files are way too big and no difference what so ever in sound.
I rip my SACDs to ISOs and then seperately convert them to DSF. I usually play them by on-the-fly conversion to PCM so that I can apply DiracLive EQ. I could also play the ISO directly but prefer having the embedded metadata in the DSF.

I rip my SACDs to ISOs and then seperately convert them to DSF. I usually play them by on-the-fly conversion to PCM so that I can apply DiracLive EQ. I could also play the ISO directly but prefer having the embedded metadata in the DSF.
Kal, is the EQ incorporated into equipment such as a receiver or in a stand alone piece? I have to say I'm not up on the latest.

Kal, is the EQ incorporated into equipment such as a receiver or in a stand alone piece? I have to say I'm not up on the latest.
Both and software also.
In general, I use a software-based EQ (DiracLive) running on my music servers. On the rare occasions that I play discs, I use Audyssey XT32 in my preamp/processor.

Not only do the Oppo’s have good specs, but they are built like a tank, at least compared to that little cheap Sony I bought to rip SACDs. That thing is as light as a feather, don’t even know if it’s gonna survive ripping all my Multi’s, let alone the Stereo SACDs I haven’t got to yet🙂

Not only do the Oppo’s have good specs, but they are built like a tank, at least compared to that little cheap Sony I bought to rip SACDs. That thing is as light as a feather, don’t even know if it’s gonna survive ripping all my Multi’s, let alone the Stereo SACDs I haven’t got to yet🙂
It cant be much worse than the Pioneer :LOL:"Elite" :LOL: 80-FD I use for the same SACD ripping purpose. I cant get over how loud the mechanism is.

Does anyone have a Denon DBT-3313UD?
It is reported working with the Sony S790 (ARMv7) script version.

Also interested in the cheaper DBT-1713, no word yet on that one, but it too may be compatible.

Last edited:
Hi folks. I’m tearing my hair out here. I’ve read through all this and despite being confused by most of it, I’ve managed to download the Sonore thing onto my MacBook. When I try to put my Oppo’s IP address into it, it doesn’t let me type anything into the third section. I’m simply trying to type in “1”, but it remains at “0000”
I did actually manage, a few nights ago, to input it correctly, but when I hit the execute button, it didn’t recognise the IP address. That’s when I started mucking about with it, and now cannot change that section back. The rest of the address is okay, just that third part. I’ve removed it to trash then re-downloaded it, but it just remains the same. I was also confused about the “2002” at the end, but it appears that it’s supposed to be there.
Apart from this problem, I get frustrated when I read so-called simple instructions and then it starts talking about auto scripts, root menus, plug-ins etc, none of which I have a clue about.
I’m happy for those who have managed to suss all this out, I really just wish that I could join your gang!
Ps there’s an effective lock-down here in Spain for the next two weeks so this is an ideal time for me to try and figure this thing out.

Back