Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could be waiting until the Chicago hits a certain mark in sales before bringing the next one out.

I'm really glad the Aretha sold out and they were not forced to blow them out as cutouts at the "Family Dollar" stores.

This stuff can sell slow so I can easily see them going xtra slow as a normal precaution.

It's all good I think.

They could be waiting until the Chicago hits a certain mark in sales before bringing the next one out.

I'm really glad the Aretha sold out and they were not forced to blow them out as cutouts at the "Family Dollar" stores.

This stuff can sell slow so I can easily see them going xtra slow as a normal precaution.

It's all good I think.

I thought the Chicago set already sold out its initial pressing?

Which brings up the questions of how many did they press and sell? And is that target a viable goal for any future quad release?

I would think the Doobies set (which would be smaller and presumably less expensive) would easily sell as many copies.

Last edited:
I thought the Chicago set already sold out its initial pressing

Which brings up the questions of how many did they press and sell? And is that target a viable goal for any future quad release?

I would think the Doobies set (which would be smaller and presumably less expensive) would easily sell as many copies.

I don't think the Chicago set has anything to do with the later release date of this title... the decision had already been made to release it at an earlier date...

I thought the Chicago set already sold out its initial pressing?

It did sell out its initial pressing - and another pressing was approved.

What condition was it in $$? One sealed copy just sold on eBay for around $85

Some guy over at SHF bought hundreds of them - for investment! :rolleyes:
You might be able to find the thread over there, but that was probably him. Not sure it will work out too well for him though. Most folks interested in the set bought them first hand.

Some guy over at SHF bought hundreds of them - for investment! :rolleyes:
You might be able to find the thread over there, but that was probably him. Not sure it will work out too well for him though. Most folks interested in the set bought them first hand.

I remember that thread! Apparently he was convinced there would not be a second pressing and he would be able to charge premium prices for the set. Sadly, that doesn't seem to have worked out for him. :)

Last edited:
I remember that thread! Apparently he was convinced there would not be a second pressing and he would be able to charge premium prices for the let. Sadly, that doesn't seem to have worked out for him. :)

Well, things like this are always a crap shoot. On the surface it might have been worthwhile, the issue was the initial purchase price was high. If, for sake of example, someone bought 100 copies of "Spectrum" from AF, the investment cost would have been far less, but you would never guess that title would end up being highly sought after. If you bought 100 copies of the AF ES Christmas SACD, you'd be declared, well, a moron! :)

I never have an issue with someone "hoarding", as it's their risk - and reward. They also do a service twice - they keep the sales high for the initial product, and they provide the item to others when it's no longer available - and if it's at a premium, well, so be it. I've bought stuff at high premiums before and that's the way of the world. Supply and demand. AF did it themselves at the end!

As for the guy at SHF - well, I am sure he'll get his money back at some point.

Well, things like this are always a crap shoot. On the surface it might have been worthwhile, the issue was the initial purchase price was high. If, for sake of example, someone bought 100 copies of "Spectrum" from AF, the investment cost would have been far less, but you would never guess that title would end up being highly sought after. If you bought 100 copies of the AF ES Christmas SACD, you'd be declared, well, a moron! :)

I never have an issue with someone "hoarding", as it's their risk - and reward. They also do a service twice - they keep the sales high for the initial product, and they provide the item to others when it's no longer available - and if it's at a premium, well, so be it. I've bought stuff at high premiums before and that's the way of the world. Supply and demand. AF did it themselves at the end!

As for the guy at SHF - well, I am sure he'll get his money back at some point.

Probably. He just may have to wait quite a while as it doesn't seem to be selling out as quickly as the first pressing. Selling it for $85? I guess if he was able to get it at such a low price (if it's him), but that seems below wholesale to me.

I don't really do the 'investment' thing, but I DID inadvertently buy two copies of "Birds of Fire", so I'm waiting to see if it goes up a bit more before letting go of the one I still have sealed. Not the MOST in demand AF Quad, but I guess at least I didn't buy two copies of "Nightbirds". :)

I also would hope they don't tone the bass down. I like lots of gooey bass without the boom, and they fit that description.

Now if only they were being completely remixed so that someone could finally do something about that thin-as-a-rimshot sounding snare drum that Templeman and Co always seemed to be so fond of...

Now if only they were being completely remixed so that someone could finally do something about that thin-as-a-rimshot sounding snare drum that Templeman and Co always seemed to be so fond of...

Sorry, no remix.

Yeah I know. I was just making my comment about my one long-held gripe about DB albums: Never liked the snare sound! (Didn’t much like it on the early VH albums either. So I always figured it was a Templeman/Landee thing)

Stereo or quad mixes, or both? Bass over powering it?

Stereo or quad mixes, or both? Bass over powering it?

Stereo. I’ve never heard the quad. No, bass doesn’t over-power it. (I’ve always like their bass sound BTW) They just always seemed to have preferred a thin snare sound with just a light “snap” and not much else to it.

It’s not a BAD sound. Just one I wouldn’t have used and one that doesn’t really work well for a rock band. (IMO). Sounds like a single mic with no reverb. More like a jazz snare than a rock snare.

Listen to a track like “Jesus Is Just Alright”. Is the snare drum right there from the very beginning? Or is that just the congas? I can barely differentiate between the two.

This is a poll thread so we try to restrict the comments to the actual title...but it would be nice if you could come Here and let the members say hello

We try, but we almost always fail. :ROFLMAO: Besides, he WAS talking about the actual title and comparing it to another version. Isn’t that something we always do in poll threads?

Back