QuadroSurround Closing up shop!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downloads would be a great idea, IMHO, for QuadroSurround. A way for them to make back some of the money they've put into the product.
And much easier to purchase... I feel bad that I only bought the two Ogre discs, but I'm so used to the "Click to purchase" mentality, it just seemed like too much work to purchase from QuadroSurround (I know, I'm a lazy bastard... but I'm just being honest:cool:).

By send any of our Quadro-DVD's I have known, that our german post has changed the prices for send the discs to european countries and overseas. One disc send to european countries will cost now € 9,00 (instead €3,70 before). A send to the USA for excample will cost now € 16,-- instead € 3,70 before. So I must take an new price for one disc by send in the USA etc.. Now $ 35,-- each. If more items send, then the price is further on by 22,-- So far another reason, to stop our production, because there may be only a very few people, who would pay such excessive prises.

Wow! I hope it will take a long time before the danish post will raise prices in such a extreme way!
Here the last year prices are raised 20% into ~4 euro (30 DKK) for a letter under 100 grams worldwide. A blu-ray/DVD in case in bobble wrap in an bobble wrap envelope is around 97 g.
How long this shipping can continue for only 4 euros is very hard to tell!

On surroundmusic.one most purchases are digital mc flac downloads, but some blu-rays are also sold.
You can pm me @Quadro-Action if you can see I could be at some help!

Download is a nice idea from a few of the menbers here in the QQ Forum and also by Jon Urban. But I don't like to send anonymous music in the space. And as I have heard, it is for meanwhile only less or late orders such big effort by installing a cloud with rerecording etc. p.p. Meanwhile I have had a well sale. But those, who would like to buy new one of our discs, may pay unfortunatrely $ 35. That ist much less in oposite to the old Sg. Peppers for $ 120 and other high-flown products. Alltogether I am pleased, if some have done an order and by 5 discs or more I have made also a special price. I am not greedy for money.

I wish you all further on weel surround listening. Dietrich

Download is a nice idea from a few of the menbers here in the QQ Forum and also by Jon Urban. But I don't like to send anonymous music in the space. And as I have heard, it is for meanwhile only less or late orders such big effort by installing a cloud with rerecording etc. p.p. Meanwhile I have had a well sale. But those, who would like to buy new one of our discs, may pay unfortunatrely $ 35. That ist much less in oposite to the old Sg. Peppers for $ 120 and other high-flown products. Alltogether I am pleased, if some have done an order and by 5 discs or more I have made also a special price. I am not greedy for money.

I wish you all further on weel surround listening. Dietrich

Good to hear that you have had a well sale lately!
But what do you mean by "sending anonymous music in the space"?
:)

At first an announcement: Those, who don't know, if theire set can play a 4-channel disc, may not order some. A till now unknown customer means, his 7.1 set could not play our 4-channel disc and want the money back.. The same situation must be also for Voacalion Dutton discs. So I make now this announcement:
If a new customer will buy our discs, I will now ask him before, if he is sure, that he can play 4-channel material. Only after a confirmation I send the discs. Mony fore and then back is for me a silly childrens game.

Other themes: For me is a production a piece of art: the disc, the label front and back, the text. Anonymos send by internet without right control for all is not my turn. So I don't like self a download.. Others may do.

And I need self now some times for my other projects. If a help from other also little promoter would be for my knowledge also unsafe, because I have produced ecxtra for a special or target group of the named fans for Quadro-Surround. A promoter with possibility for an worldwide offer in each electronic and software shop would be too m uch expensive.

And I need meanwhile after many productions also some time for me for other projects - as 3-D shootings and presentations. But further on - the quadraphonic or surround music has for me a big rate highly. Let's wait for a big win by lottery!!!

At first an announcement: Those, who don't know, if theire set can play a 4-channel disc, may not order some. A till now unknown customer means, his 7.1 set could not play our 4-channel disc and want the money back.. The same situation must be also for Voacalion Dutton discs. So I make now this announcement:
If a new customer will buy our discs, I will now ask him before, if he is sure, that he can play 4-channel material. Only after a confirmation I send the discs. Mony fore and then back is for me a silly childrens game.

Other themes: For me is a production a piece of art: the disc, the label front and back, the text. Anonymos send by internet without right control for all is not my turn. So I don't like self a download.. Others may do.

And I need self now some times for my other projects. If a help from other also little promoter would be for my knowledge also unsafe, because I have produced ecxtra for a special or target group of the named fans for Quadro-Surround. A promoter with possibility for an worldwide offer in each electronic and software shop would be too m uch expensive.

And I need meanwhile after many productions also some time for me for other projects - as 3-D shootings and presentations. But further on - the quadraphonic or surround music has for me a big rate highly. Let's wait for a big win by lottery!!!
I;m curious. Are you still selling discs. I've sent you 3 e mails since this thread started and all have been unanswered.
Phil

Hello Phil,
I have written you sometimes with e-mail - beginning since mid January after your order. The last at sunday. Missing is only your payment. Tomorrow your order is cancelled. If there is an interruption, you may write me also by PM: A few titles are meanwhile rare or selled of.

Dietrich

after controlling the different e-mails I see now, that 3 varied people have writen with the same mail-address: jru@...... from USA,Canada and the Netherlands. When one makes order to me, he should write with his own mail-addres. 2 orders I have send after paying, but the order of a Philip is further unsettled because outsanding paying. I have hope, the right Philip may read this now.

by some sellings I must say now for later orders, that meanwhile few of the quadro-discs are sold out. So not alle discs are available. Only information.

Just received my order of the 2 Parsons Thibaud discs. I can't believe that I waited this long to get this discs, they are realty good!. But that is not the main purpose of this post. It is to give a thumbs-up to a class guy, Dietrich. With my order this was included:

Dietrich is a class act. I do hope him the best if he tries to navigate the digital download world.

A tip for those, who are waiting for theire ordered DVD-Audios. This days a few have received theire discs late now, which I have send 3wWeeks before. This long time for arriving may be a result of the new running accross the customs office, which is a new term since January 2019. So you should have futher on some patience. Orders with 5 dics or more I have send with real parcel.

Dietrich

Again a remark from me - now about orders. May be it is a new section by the QQ-Forum, that one can write inside the Forum. But with ...@quadraphonicquad.com I dont know, who is writing to me. Do you make an order to me, please write me with your own or private e-mail address, with name and address. So I can answer and send the items. I have actual 2 askings, but I don't know, who has written. So please again with your correct e-mail name.

Dietrich

Those are forum emails, they are not email from real people. They are notifications concerning post updates and things like that. They are informational only. Any email from @quadraphonicquad is not a personal email. There are no real email addresses assigned by the forum

Those are forum emails, they are not email from real people. They are notifications concerning post updates and things like that. They are informational only. Any email from @quadraphonicquad is not a personal email. There are no real email addresses assigned by the forum
I suspect people have been PM'ing Dietrich rather than e-mailing him direct on [email protected]

Just reading this thread...I'm really bummed that Dietrich has decided to end Quadro-Surround, though I can only imagine how tough it was to sustain what was essentially a labor of love for him. It was great to work with him, and I know how much he cared about quadraphonic music...Without his support, I never would have been able to hear my band's music in quad. Thank you, Dietrich!

Back