New album on https://surroundmusic.one

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tactile Ground is now available in 5.1. I have all the 5.1 releases , I couldn't stop myself.. Ive been a Robert Rich fan for over 10 years. I was wishing for some surround for a while.. I am very happy with these. ... but I don't know much about these versions... who mixed them, from what sources ext .. please share any info

Tactile Ground is now available in 5.1. I have all the 5.1 releases , I couldn't stop myself.. Ive been a Robert Rich fan for over 10 years. I was wishing for some surround for a while.. I am very happy with these. ... but I don't know much about these versions... who mixed them, from what sources ext .. please share any info

Yeah! Fantastic music!
There is some info on: https://surroundmusic.one/album/robert-rich-tactile-ground/ - Some details you miss?

Yeah! Fantastic music!
There is some info on: https://surroundmusic.one/album/robert-rich-tactile-ground/ - Some details you miss?
Thank you.. I have read the info from surroundmusic.one on these releases. I guess I am wonder if anyone has analyzed these. such as are the fronts and rears equal volume or other technical notes. I may go to Robert Richs website and ask him directly. I know that many members here love to dig into this type stuff.

OK, I found the Atlas Dei DVD on Amazon UK and have now had a chance to spend some time with it. I have to say I find the surround mix of the DVD to be pleasant and atmospheric, but somewhat tame. The frustrating part is that there are plenty of cool elements to work with. I really like the music, so I do not regret the purchase, but I would send feedback to Robert Rich (who did the mix) to consider some more adventuresome use of the rears. When I defeat the fronts the music does not sound very different, indicating more of a double stereo. It does have an open feel in surround, but I would love to hear some of the elements finding their own place in the surround space, rather than a big stereo mix.

He has a number of pieces on offer, and I have no idea if any are approached differently. At this point I would love to hear some feedback from other members on how the other surround mixes fare. I can recommend Atlas Dei for the cool ambient electronic music, but not for the surround mix.

OK, I found the Atlas Dei DVD on Amazon UK and have now had a chance to spend some time with it. I have to say I find the surround mix of the DVD to be pleasant and atmospheric, but somewhat tame. The frustrating part is that there are plenty of cool elements to work with. I really like the music, so I do not regret the purchase, but I would send feedback to Robert Rich (who did the mix) to consider some more adventuresome use of the rears. When I defeat the fronts the music does not sound very different, indicating more of a double stereo. It does have an open feel in surround, but I would love to hear some of the elements finding their own place in the surround space, rather than a big stereo mix.

He has a number of pieces on offer, and I have no idea if any are approached differently. At this point I would love to hear some feedback from other members on how the other surround mixes fare. I can recommend Atlas Dei for the cool ambient electronic music, but not for the surround mix.
.. thanks for spending time with this. Perhaps the mix of Music from Atlas Dei is just enhanced stereo as maybe it was mixed some time ago. Seems some of the other surround releases have more discrete separation . The Biode is a fantastic release ,more active elements, sequencing and such. I am enjoying these releases as I explore them. I do plan to ask Robert Rich about them at his website in the near future.

I did just order download for Keith Hopcraft - Route Secondaire. I like the way it sounds. (y)

So glad you like it GOS!
It was my first mix for others 2 years ago and was part of the decision to make a website selling rock, ambient, electronic, etc. now that Bandcamp does not want to.
When I heard the album in stereo I could imagin it would sound nice in surround so I asked Keith if I may give it a try. He boumced each instrument track by track from pro tools. A lot of work and he haven't any surround system at home. He had to come to my place to give it a listen.
Last year it was remixed in quad for the reel to reels release. Here @mlrocker and I added some new remixes:
A very special and great album for me:)

I am so proud to present this amazing album: Prog Noir with Stick Men that will officially be released tomorrow April 17th.
But for all of you here on QQ it was released yesterday April 15th. as: A delicate Easter Egg from Stick Men - (Here you can purchase the album and stream two 5.1 videos, but I'm not sure how many in here who have a computer hooked up to their surround-system....)

It have been fantastic to work with the 5.1 mix of SO GREAT music and I have put all my soul into making a living mix! For those of you who prefer a more steady mix, the quad mix is made more in that direction.
Serious releases should always come with an instrumental mix, so this also applies to this album. And with these talented musicians, it is extra great to listen in this way, if you sometimes experience the album in a different way or do something else while listen to the album.

Prog Noir new surround mix can be purchased as
- FLAC (5.1, quad, instrumental 5.1) here:
https://surroundmusic.one/album/prog-noir/
(Stereo FLAC on Bandcamp)
- A BD-R blu-ray disc (Including 5.1, quad, instrumental 5.1 and original 2016 stereo mix) here:
https://surroundmusic.one/album/prog-noir-blu-ray/

WOW - This music! Brain Food!!!!:cool:

Such a tease....I now have these folders and downloaded titles on my NAS....but the wife is still in bed......can't listen yet!!

Awesome, awesome! Just purchased the flac files. I'll report back later how it all sounds after my dear wife wakes up! :SB

Ummm - Stick Men - Prog Noir

This thing rocks! Fidelity and surround are top notch. All I can say is WOW! Later when my wife leaves...I am so gonna crank this up and rattle the windows. :LB

Back