"Ends" (New Giancarlo Erra solo album with 5.1 surround download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seeing now....can some MODERATOR change the location of this topic?

It's listed under music downloads (sort of....it can only be downloaded with the physical product) and under Non Surround...that's definitely not true as it's surround :)

Would be nice to get some visibility in a surround forum and share the effort of keeping surround music going on (even if with an hires attached surround download with the physical product) :)

At last, first listen of the surround files. First impression on End VII: I feel like the song is breathing around me, an old, moss smelling deep breath that transmits assurance and peace. I love the effect that is created by the strings.
End IV, with the deep sounding strings on the rears and the violin like solo at 3:00 is very beautiful, haunting and beautifully enveloping.The crescendo until the end of the song is very powerful, a bit uplifting. What did you use to create the modulated uuuuuuu sound in the fronts that appears from minutes 4 to 5?
Both songs make me feel nostalgic, not in my best mood today. Very very beautiful though.

At last, first listen of the surround files. First impression on End VII: I feel like the song is breathing around me, an old, moss smelling deep breath that transmits assurance and peace. I love the effect that is created by the strings.
End IV, with the deep sounding strings on the rears and the violin like solo at 3:00 is very beautiful, haunting and beautifully enveloping.The crescendo until the end of the song is very powerful, a bit uplifting. What did you use to create the modulated uuuuuuu sound in the fronts that appears from minutes 4 to 5?
Both songs make me feel nostalgic, not in my best mood today. Very very beautiful though.

Thank you very much for your nice words...yes is melancholic music, but I find it not sad, possibly nostalgic, but I think the video of End IV is on purpose uplifting...it wants to be positive, and the music changes harmonically according to that.

The modulated solo at the end is my trusty Juno106 with a patch I did to sound sometimes like an old voice (mellotron like) but also like a Minimoog classic solo...one of my favourites, and recurrent on the album (in different forms) as a solo instrument added to the strings. Someone already thought it was a voice :)

Today a new single/video has been released, End III, more on the electronic and upbeat side of the album!

As usual anyone wanting a taste of it in surround flac 24/96 send me a PM.

Does anyone know how to MOVE the TOPIC to the proper subforum? Is still under non surround downloads....while it is all about surround! :cool:

Today a new single/video has been released, End III, more on the electronic and upbeat side of the album!

Does anyone know how to MOVE the TOPIC to the proper subforum? Is still under non surround downloads....while it is all about surround! :cool:

Wonderful video and song, where did you get the images from? Even though the song is more "upbeat", the association with the meditative lady snapshots gives me also a feeling of melancholy of a long gone past. For any strange reason the model train and landscape brings me back memories of my childhood.
By the way, have you thought about the chance to add the 5.1 mixes to the videos and have them packaged in a DVD ISO file?
And yes, I'd also like to get the FLAC of this single (I wish I had listened to it before watching the video, the images are stuck in my brain now).
Thanks a lot Giancarlo

Yes please PM sent
I would PM Jon Urban to see if the Topic can be moved.

Back