"Quarters"??? Well, points for originality, anway.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully, Capitol and the BB have issued Pet Sounds in surround, and maybe Good Vibes as well.

"Headquarters" needs a high-rez remix and remaster to lossless. Many technological advances since that set was done.

My god the Hiptone posts are mine from 17 years ago. I didn't know that the old name would still appear on old posts, I'd of thought that they would change to new name.

Anyway Jon, where do Harrison backing tracks appear for the couple of tracks you mixed into quad?

My god the Hiptone posts are mine from 17 years ago. I didn't know that the old name would still appear on old posts, I'd of thought that they would change to new name.

Anyway Jon, where do Harrison backing tracks appear for the couple of tracks you mixed into quad?

That was so long ago. I think there was an All Things Must Pass bootleg CD that someone sent me with the song without the vocals. I messed around with it.
Today I could do a MUCH better job, that's for sure.

As for Hiptone - you must have got lost in the conversion from EZBoard to vB :eek:

This is the first time I've seen this thread. Everyone kept saying that these (Quarters) were "faked", well at least now I know better now how they were created. I always said that these DTS-CD's were fantastic. I checked for the original source on Discogs and you can buy the "Headquarters Sessions" for a mere $300. https://www.discogs.com/The-Monkees-Headquarters-Sessions/release/4239706
That was one of several sources. Some Japanese lps and a couple other boots were used. That was the info i got from a close source many moons ago.

It had to have been more than just the 3CD set of Headquarter Sessions for a couple of reasons.
1. There are many songs included that are not from those sessions.
1. I'd have to check, but it might be that the Sessions backing and or inst. tracks are in mono, which would require more work on extraction, or to use them in only a single channel.

I'd love to bounce everything to 24/96kHz and resync and remix the entire thing, master it to lossless, create new art using a top designer (I know a couple in Los Angeles), and burn to a single DVD-A.

That's been in my mind for several years. It would not take much to push me.

cNgyhkv.jpg

I think they sound pretty good. But there was nothing "complicated" about the music itself.

That was so long ago. I think there was an All Things Must Pass bootleg CD that someone sent me with the song without the vocals. I messed around with it.
Today I could do a MUCH better job, that's for sure.

As for Hiptone - you must have got lost in the conversion from EZBoard to vB :eek:
Too bad there are no dry equivalents to the Escher Tapes of ATMP ☹️

Back