Oh no - Foobar problems

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who uses Dark One skin in Foobar....I have a question. Or maybe it's a comment...

Please see my pic below. On the left, there are 2 columns of metadata information displayed. The first column is truncated. Which, I hate. How hard is it to widen the column so I can see it properly? Jan, you have often answered my Dark One questions...do you know?

View attachment 39366
I have Dark One V4.0. I've tried to get it to display the "View 1, View 2, View 3 & View 4" on the top left that I've seen on your posts but can't get it to do so. Is this somewhere in the preferences or configure or some place else, or is it an updated version?

I have Dark One V4.0. I've tried to get it to display the "View 1, View 2, View 3 & View 4" on the top left that I've seen on your posts but can't get it to do so. Is this somewhere in the preferences or configure or some place else, or is it an updated version?
Wow, really? No, I'm still using V4. I wish you could post a picture of what yours looks like....it might ring a bell with me.

Actually JE - maybe I am running an updated version. My exe file is called DarkOne4Mod100build20161003.exe

I think those different views were not available with the original DarkOne..... ??

Actually JE - maybe I am running an updated version. My exe file is called DarkOne4Mod100build20161003.exe

I think those different views were not available with the original DarkOne..... ??

The one I have says DarkOne400build20140207.exe.

And, Ed....either way, if you want, I could upload the exe for you...if you can download stuff.

You'd have to let me know where to download it from. Or I can just try looking for it online. Either way, thanks.

For anyone who uses Dark One skin in Foobar....I have a question. Or maybe it's a comment...

Please see my pic below. On the left, there are 2 columns of metadata information displayed. The first column is truncated. Which, I hate. How hard is it to widen the column so I can see it properly? Jan, you have often answered my Dark One questions...do you know?

View attachment 39366

I'm bumping my question from a few days ago...see above. I still have no clue how to widen the columns. :(

I'm bumping my question from a few days ago...see above. I still have no clue how to widen the columns. :(
Hi Gene. My columns in the Property panel are not cut off like yours.
Don't know if you tried this, but I looked in the Deviant Manual4Mod PDF and found this on page 10...

The Prop. button shows an Item Properties panel which
contains editable metadata information about the now
playing or selected file as well as technical information
about it.
If you want to change this configuration please do a right
mouse click at the Prop. button and select Splitter
Settings. Select Prop. in the PanelList and hit the
Configure button.

When you do this you will see the 2 columns listed and it you can move field column. However, I have not been able get it to save any changes. I'll keep trying. Maybe someone else here knows how to save it.

Hi Gene. My columns in the Property panel are not cut off like yours.
Don't know if you tried this, but I looked in the Deviant Manual4Mod PDF and found this on page 10...

The Prop. button shows an Item Properties panel which
contains editable metadata information about the now
playing or selected file as well as technical information
about it.
If you want to change this configuration please do a right
mouse click at the Prop. button and select Splitter
Settings. Select Prop. in the PanelList and hit the
Configure button.

When you do this you will see the 2 columns listed and it you can move field column. However, I have not been able get it to save any changes. I'll keep trying. Maybe someone else here knows how to save it.

Yeah, I've tried that method a dozen times...it allows you to drag the columns to whatever width...but it doesn't translate to those widths when you go back to the skin.

OK, alright, have you tried checking the adjoining panel settings like I suggested in post 41; and if that works, could you just slip that extra SACD copy of “Moment of Glory” into the mail for me?
LOL! Yes, I checked into those settings too....nothing made 1 ounce in difference in the way those columns show up in the final product. Moment of Glory huh? :cool:

Tried some things and I think it has to be done in the script department :unsure: not much time now but will go for it when I get back home. Don't have programming skills so if it has to be done in the script section I will be lost though. Good luck, it never bothered me but now you have mentioned it....

Tried some things and I think it has to be done in the script department :unsure: not much time now but will go for it when I get back home. Don't have programming skills so if it has to be done in the script section I will be lost though. Good luck, it never bothered me but now you have mentioned it....
hahaha - oh, it's bothering me alright. Dumb little stuff like this, that ought to be super easy drives me crazy.

Back