Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP THE FREAKING DOOM AND GLOOM! :eek::oops::eek:

This is NOT an Audio Fidelity repeat! You will have to trust me on this one. (Sure, I know you all trusted me on the Doobies Quadio, but that's still out there somewhere although I can tell you that it should have been out by now - so who knows?)

Anyway, worry about the Quadio, don't worry about D-V. K?

It's cool. Many more to come.

So, Jon, where is THE DOOBIES ......did someone at Rhino/Warner ROLL IT UP and SMOKE IT?:smokin

See the source image

If Rhino are still planning to release this Doobie Brothers Quadio box set, then I think now it surely will not happen this summer, cause instead, Rhino Records are releasing a live album from their Beacon Theatre concerts last year playing "Toulouse Street" and "The Captain and Me" in full

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Beacon-Theatre-Doobie-Brothers/dp/B07RD3HN94/

If Rhino are still planning to release this Doobie Brothers Quadio box set, then I think now it surely will not happen this summer, cause instead, Rhino Records are releasing a live album from their Beacon Theatre concerts last year playing "Toulouse Street" and "The Captain and Me" in full

Dammit, why does Rhino persist in torturing us quad/surround lovers? I personally don’t have any need for modern, live, stereo Doobies, but that may just be me.

Thanks Ryan, I love The Doobies so I will order the two disc set for the car. Maybe there will also be a BD-Live concert with 5.1?

I just played my Capt. And Me DVD-A and my “Vices” Q4 conversion this past weekend. Both are fantastic. I can live without this quadio box set for a while if I have to.

Rhino need to look into some single disc options of other groups if they are not ready to spring for the Doobies. Or else try out a single BluRay disc with four albums on it to save pressing costs, if that is the holdup? Nice box, great booklet, and a single BR would not be a bad thing really.

Oh but I can't! LOL I had Toulouse Street in CD-4 and played it to death. I had expected it to come out eventually, but it's been a long wait.
I have three Q4 reel conversions to DVD, Toulouse, Vices, and Stampede. Never found Capt. From Q4 and I never worried about it - having the DVD-A of that one. I need to research on which is the more preferred mix for Capt, Q4 or DVD-A?

After many false starts and high hopes, there is still no word on this one way or the other, which is somehow troubling. We need some words one way or the other from ForagingRhino or someone else at the company.

I honestly think we already have the answer.....the silence is deafening...if this was AP or Mofi I would hold some hope out....but I've never seen Rhino drag out a project this long....you've been the most optimistic voice among us but I think you are having doubts....the irony is I think you might have already given us the answer in one of your posts when you were joking around....or maybe you weren't....you played the devil's advocate and used a hypothetical conversation from a "suit" at Rhino mentioning the headaches and costs associated with having to issue correction discs for the Chicago set....which resonated with me....because those are the type of things that bean counters at these companies use to kill projects and perhaps some problems with the source material also contributed to shelving the project...

At this point I can't see this happening....just my opinion...

I honestly think we already have the answer.....the silence is deafening...if this was AP or Mofi I would hold some hope out....but I've never seen Rhino drag out a project this long....you've been the most optimistic voice among us but I think you are having doubts....the irony is I think you might have already given us the answer in one of your posts when you were joking around....or maybe you weren't....you played the devil's advocate and used a hypothetical conversation from a "suit" at Rhino mentioning the headaches and costs associated with having to issue correction discs for the Chicago set....which resonated with me....because those are the type of things that bean counters at these companies use to kill projects and perhaps some problems with the source material also contributed to shelving the project...

At this point I can't see this happening....just my opinion...

Clint, tell us what you realllllly think, don't sugar coat it :eek:

Clint, tell us what you realllllly think, don't sugar coat it :eek:

Huh...that was the watered down version 🤭 you have to realize that the Doobies Set was NEVER officially scheduled as a pre order or even mentioned in print anywhere...except by Steve on this forum...it's not unusual for companies to shelve projects...it's part of the music business DNA...happens a lot...and given the state of physical discs right now....certainly wouldn't be a surprise...

By the same token, we're not normally privy to what the reissue arm of a major label have in the pipeline - it was just @ForagingRhino 's kindness in keeping us in the loop that we have to thank for the knowledge about the possible upcoming Doobies quad release.

It seems pretty likely to me that this live package by the current lineup has pushed the Doobies quadio box back - if the band had nothing in the pipeline I'd be far more worried. A Quadio release timed for the holiday season sounds nice to me...keep the faith!

After many false starts and high hopes, there is still no word on this one way or the other, which is somehow troubling. We need some words one way or the other from ForagingRhino or someone else at the company.
There is another Doobie project is ahead of the Quadio box. It's still coming, just later than originally planned.
Sorry for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back