Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs & Reference Discs at Audiophile Collectibles

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
A new web site, Audiophile Collectibles, has launched offering some remaining copies of Audio Fidelity SACDs, Gold CDs, LPs, and Reference Discs that were used in the evaluation of Audio Fidelity test pressings.
Check their web site for the details and a listing of what is available for purchase.

placeholderAC_0.jpg

https://www.audiophilecollectibles.com/category/multichannelhttps://www.audiophilecollectibles.com/category/sacdhttps://www.audiophilecollectibles.com/category/reference-dischttps://www.facebook.com/AudiophileCollectibles

Last edited:
I see one very interesting piece there. They have a version of Billy Joel's Streetlife Serenade with a very different track listing! Who knew that there was an alternate version of the album where Billy covers the entirety of Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies??? It would certainly be worth the $40 to hear Billy's version of "Raped and Freezin'", LOL. Who knows, maybe they have an Alice Cooper disc where he covers "Uptown Girl."

🤪

AFZ5%20207%20sacd%20ref.jpg

I see one very interesting piece there. They have a version of Billy Joel's Streetlife Serenade with a very different track listing! Who knew that there was an alternate version of the album where Billy covers the entirety of Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies??? It would certainly be worth the $40 to hear Billy's version of "Raped and Freezin'", LOL. Who knows, maybe they have an Alice Cooper disc where he covers "Uptown Girl."

🤪

AFZ5%20207%20sacd%20ref.jpg

Oh boy...

Last edited:
Interresting to see some of the titles that never saw the light of day
The Vince Guaraldi Greatest Hits was well known at the time and Blues Breakers in stereo was rumoured but Clapton’s Rainbow Concert, Byrds Fifth Dimension and Bad Company Burning Sky are news to me.
The Bad Company in particular would have been great to hear.

All of those were like that. When Marshall sent me an early test SACD-R of "Streetlife Serenade", it too had the Alice Cooper silk screen on it. Fortunately, they fixed it for the street version.

It still makes me very sad to see these auctions and the fact that AF is gone. That was such a quality company run by quality people and it's a damn shame they had to close up shop. I wonder if they had started reissuing multichannel SACD's of out of print quad titles back in say, 2010, when the first Quadio DVD's (Chicago and Aretha) came out if that would have made any difference. Probably not. Of course, there would be a lot more of their product for us to have listened to over that period of time.

What's really odd and I never mentioned it here in the forum before, but Marshall was a bit upset as after he had started the Quad reissue program he learned that Warner Brothers was about to start a Multichannel BluRay Audio program that would be reissuing both out of print quad and 5.1 titles from their catalog. That was why they stopped doing any more WEA titles. He even had the details like they would be BluRay and would sell for $30 list price. The first 10 titles were set to come out "any minute" (2015), with another 10 to follow a short time later.

Well, that never happened. Another "almost made it out there" chapter in the long torrid history of surround music.

Are they are real retail store you can walk into? They are trying to imply that they have a physical store (see pic) but the link to info does not work.

I think it's website only. It looks like an employees stash is being offered up for sale online to cash out one final time.

All of those were like that. When Marshall sent me an early test SACD-R of "Streetlife Serenade", it too had the Alice Cooper silk screen on it. Fortunately, they fixed it for the street version.

It still makes me very sad to see these auctions and the fact that AF is gone. That was such a quality company run by quality people and it's a damn shame they had to close up shop. I wonder if they had started reissuing multichannel SACD's of out of print quad titles back in say, 2010, when the first Quadio DVD's (Chicago and Aretha) came out if that would have made any difference. Probably not. Of course, there would be a lot more of their product for us to have listened to over that period of time.

What's really odd and I never mentioned it here in the forum before, but Marshall was a bit upset as after he had started the Quad reissue program he learned that Warner Brothers was about to start a Multichannel BluRay Audio program that would be reissuing both out of print quad and 5.1 titles from their catalog. That was why they stopped doing any more WEA titles. He even had the details like they would be BluRay and would sell for $30 list price. The first 10 titles were set to come out "any minute" (2015), with another 10 to follow a short time later.

Well, that never happened. Another "almost made it out there" chapter in the long torrid history of surround music.

Yeah, Jon, Warner [and might I add] SONY's respective BD~A launches which NEVER transpired. A shame that derailed AF's cessation of Warner QUAD/5.1 titles.

Relative newcomers Analog Sparks,, Impex Records and Intervention Records are also out of the [Stereo] SACD reissue business, as well. Intervention had some interesting titles and was going to release Joe Jackson, Judee Sill et alia on SACD if the Vinyl sold well. Well they just canceled all future SACD Stereo titles including Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet [A VERY SWEET TITLE].

So thankfully we still have Dutton Vocalion. I just received my last order which included Tomita's Firebird and a bunch of RBCD two~fers and I'm sure they'll eventually do some Universal [UMG] QUAD titles as they've been doing RBCD reissues FOR YEARS from the Capitol, Decca, Phase 4 and most especially SONY/RCA labels which I'm certain helps to explain their healthy relationship with SONY. I even commented in another thread that their RBCDs are mastered as well as their QUAD/Stereo SACDs. Superb Sound for RBCD!

At least Audio Fidelity left behind a healthy legacy of superb reissues. Thankfully, I have a nice selection of their GOLD HDCD RBCDs, Stereo SACDs and of course their superb multichannel SACDs. A VERY class act silenced by greedy record executives/artists and an indifferent market. Just hope Marshall is doing well. He WAS one of a kind ..... in the VERY BEST sense!

Last edited:
Back