Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the DV’s have jumped by a buck each on Amazon Canada via seller crazygreen8, whom I believe is DV.

£11.99 directly from the DV site, that’s up too, correct?
I’ve said it before, but i would expect DV prices to climb, with all the comments that their prices are so low and all, and continue to climb. But of course. It’s par for the course! Another hike just before the next holiday season as well.

I’m ok with it provided the titles released are interesting.

Prices have been 11.99 for a couple of years now - at the risk of looking like a narcissist, I'm going to quote a post I made in late 2017 explaining the price fluctuations on Amazon's international sites, because it still remains true today.

In a nutshell, it's because the Canadian dollar has weakened vs. the British pound in the last year, and the prices of D-V discs are/were discounted by £1 during their pre-sale/initial sale period, so they were £10.99 but they are £11.99 now.

Crazygreen8 is D-V's amazon marketplace seller name - when you order off Amazon (or eBay), the only difference is that they get a cut of the proceeds. The discs are still dispatched from Vocalion's warehouse no matter if you order from their website or amazon (.co.uk/.com/.ca).

I believe it's actually slightly cheaper to order directly from the Vocalion website as well, as £11.99 works out to about $20.19CDN (or for preorders etc. £10.99 works out to $18.50CDN). So it's a win/win really, you get your music cheaper and more of your money goes directly to the people behind these discs, instead of lining Jeff Bezos' pockets.

had to do something vaguely productive while waiting for the latest batch announcement ⌚⏰🕰🗓📅📊📈📉📬 so did a few updates to the Wikipedia entries for some albums DV have redone on Quad SACD including Billy Paul's "War Of The Gods", "360 Degrees Of Billy Paul", Weather Report's "Tale Spinnin'" & George Benson's "Body Talk" to give them a wee plug & hopefully a bit of a boost of awareness of the product on the world wide web! 🧐🖖

Prices have been 11.99 for a couple of years now - at the risk of looking like a narcissist, I'm going to quote a post I made in late 2017 explaining the price fluctuations on Amazon's international sites, because it still remains true today.

oh you handsome narcissist you!! 😽

"..i call it a bargain,
the best i ever had..
the best i ever haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!"

:rocks

I am still waiting to order the Firebird thinking that a bunch of new stuff is on the horizon. Seems like the longer I walk, that horizon stays the same distance away.
I need my horizon!!! :)

I got tired waiting and ordered Tomita's Firebird and the Bela Bartok quad release based on the surround reviews of this,your, site.

Thanks for all you do to keep this site alive and useful.

Last edited:
Does D-V have a time of the month and day of the week they usually announce? I haven't noticed.

For example, the Criterion Collection usually announces new Blu-ray releases on or around the 15th of the month.

I'm wondering if the new D-V pop slate might come by tomorrow, as that's closest to mid-month?

...please?!...`

Does D-V have a time of the month and day of the week they usually announce? I haven't noticed.

For example, the Criterion Collection usually announces new Blu-ray releases on or around the 15th of the month.

I'm wondering if the new D-V pop slate might come by tomorrow, as that's closest to mid-month?

If you look at the DV Blog Archive on their home page, they do tend to bring out a summer release each year - typically in June or July.
That plus the recent teaser email from DV suggests the next batch is coming....

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/

If you look at the DV Blog Archive on their home page, they do tend to bring out a summer release each year - typically in June or July.
That plus the recent teaser email from DV suggests the next batch is coming....

View attachment 40916
https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/

Right, it wasn't so much about which month as what time of the month, because the next batch should be out in June:

The next batch of discs, which covers a variety of genres - and no easy listening, is on schedule to arrive sometime this month.

So what I'm wondering is if D-V have a set time of the month when they usually announce batches, so that I can stop fretting every day. ;)

Left handed Taylor 314ce V brace.

The white plastic trim has fallen off the neck on my ancient Guild exposing the sharp ends of the frets and some little protrusions so it's unplayable until I get it repaired.

I thought what the heck! Let's get a new one.

Right, it wasn't so much about which month as what time of the month, because the next batch should be out in June:

So what I'm wondering is if D-V have a set time of the month when they usually announce batches, so that I can stop fretting every day. ;)
I think its more to do with when the stock arrives back from the pressing plant as opposed to a set date

I think its more to do with when the stock arrives back from the pressing plant as opposed to a set date

well.. Musicmagic's back in stock (back again.. returning to for-eh-ver, for-ev-errrrr..!!)

ahem, where were we!?
yes! maybe a large shipment has already arrived in Hertfordshire (where hurricanes hardly hever happen) containing re-presses and new releases alike and the little elves of DV are running an inventory on it now for the Wizard of Watford before the big reveal..!!

Back