DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's coming down to the end now 2HOURS TO GO

fckin' hell i don't envy any of you guys going after these titles now its totally ridiculous, there's a demand for these titles in hi-res/surround but nobody's serving it now.. idk why Sony don't just let this OOP stuff out on some DSD streaming service, at least the artist and label would make a few quid! o_O

fckin' hell i don't envy any of you guys going after these titles now its totally ridiculous, there's a demand for these titles in hi-res/surround but nobody's serving it now.. idk why Sony don't just let this OOP stuff out on some DSD streaming service, at least the artist and label would make a few quid! o_O

Ya know...there are plenty of bargains...BUT...the top discs command top prices...having said that I'd hate to be just starting out in the hobby now...and sometimes you just can't get the special one's anymore...people are keeping them...I started late but all the Elton discs were still available and CHEAP...now they are gone from retail outlets...so you can't even get them at normal prices now.....it pays to be on this forum...and have friends :dance

idk why Sony don't just let this OOP stuff out on some DSD streaming service, at least the artist and label would make a few quid! o_O

It’s the Sony stuff in particular that’s been really crazy lately. While the good WEA DVD-A titles (The Captain & Me, Kamakiriad, Foreigner 4, etc) tend to sit in the $50-80 range, Sony titles like Ship Ahoy and Toys In The Attic are hitting $150+. Perhaps collectors are aware some of the Sony discs are sourced from quad masters? Maybe it's just the allure of those gold slipcovers?

I usually can't bring myself to drop over $100 on a single disc, but I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a copy of Ship Ahoy recently - it's just that good. As Clint says, the top discs demand the top prices...

It’s the Sony stuff in particular that’s been really crazy lately. While the good WEA DVD-A titles (The Captain & Me, Kamakiriad, Foreigner 4, etc) tend to sit in the $50-80 range, Sony titles like Ship Ahoy and Toys In The Attic are hitting $150+. Perhaps collectors are aware some of the Sony discs are sourced from quad masters? Maybe it's just the allure of those gold slipcovers?

I usually can't bring myself to drop over $100 on a single disc, but I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a copy of Ship Ahoy recently - it's just that good. As Clint says, the top discs demand the top prices...

..and to think i gave some of my dupes away.. and some of them to people who don't talk to me anymore with no just cause.. people can be such c*nts its just not cricket! ah well, we move on don't we! 🤣

Blimey it went for £75/US$95

Actually that's not a bad price...the only other sale I could find on ebay was last month and it was a few dollars MORE...AND...I can't find a single copy for sale anywhere now...not discogs ...not ebay...not amazon US...not amazon UK....so that one is scarce...

Actually that's not a bad price...the only other sale I could find on ebay was a few dollars MORE...AND...I can't find a single copy for sale anywhere now...not discogs ...not ebay...not amazon US...not amazon UK....so that one is scarce...
There was only so much in the piggy bank, the SM2 will arrive soon-ish and there is the import duty/VAT to pay, so maybe I'll stumble across one later in a record fair

For the Sony titles that were released with a cardboard slipcase, my opinion is that the cardboard slipcase adds value to the SACD. After all, that cardboard slipcase is unique to that title and format as oppose to the generic plastic slipcase. Kind of like an antique toy having its original box.

I've been fortunate to snaffle a handful of those early single-layer Sony/Columbia single-layer SACDs at used record stores, over the years. The Stranger (5.1 version), Abraxas (though I'd prefer the surround release, of course!), Live Evil, Midnight Love, (5.1 version), and - most delightful of all, for a mere $18 (~$12US) in late 2015 - Thriller. Still missing heaps that I'll likely never own, though. Heathen springs to mind. :LOL: Oh well ... at least there are plenty of new releases on the horizon!

Back