Dolby Atmos Releases (so far)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I commissioned my Atmos system today.

I have the Imagine Dragons Atmos BDV and I was extremely impressed with the mix. It’s always been pretty discrete for a concert and heaps of bass.

INXS in Atmos was a define improvement over the Dolby TrueHD track too.

I need more time to listen but first impressions are those extra 4 ceiling speakers just seem to fill the room with sound and it seems to lift the image up higher than my 7.1 system, kind of in your face. It is a definite upgrade (performance and perceived sound quality).

I’ve got quite a few Atmos movies and will sample those shortly.

I commissioned my Atmos system today.

I have the Imagine Dragons Atmos BDV and I was extremely impressed with the mix. It’s always been pretty discrete for a concert and heaps of bass.

INXS in Atmos was a define improvement over the Dolby TrueHD track too.

I need more time to listen but first impressions are those extra 4 ceiling speakers just seem to fill the room with sound and it seems to lift the image up higher than my 7.1 system, kind of in your face. It is a definite upgrade (performance and perceived sound quality).

I’ve got quite a few Atmos movies and will sample those shortly.

Hi,

you should try out 'Drive' from 'Automatic for The People'. That's the best song mix-wise / content-wise in Atmos so far for me yet.

Cheers,
Andreas

The RPWL looks interesting. Wonder what a live concert sounds like in Atmos!
I've had it for quite some time and think it sounds great. I don't recall anything mind-blowing about the Atmos, but it was cool. Recommend if you like their music, particularly the Wanted album.

Through the Never (Ascot Elite only) is better for Atmos, especially the Tesla Coil!
Kraftwerk is bonkers. Hans Zimmer is great.

With all this talk about Atmos, Auro-3D should be remembered too. You more than double your titles.

Last edited:
I've had it for quite some time and think it sounds great. I don't recall anything mind-blowing about the Atmos, but it was cool. Recommend if you like their music, particularly the Wanted album.

Through the Never (Ascot Elite only) is better for Atmos, especially the Tesla Coil!
Kraftwerk is bonkers. Hans Zimmer is great.

With all this talk about Atmos, Auro-3D should be remembered too. You more than double your titles.
Also dont forget the Galvany street disc!

I like Aelita in Auro!
I do too! Hell of a disc, actually.

However, I'm having a hell of time finding Metallica THROUGH THE NEVER in Atmos -- only on German blu ray? Not available on Discogs? What does one do?
Only available on the Ascot Elite German version. Trust me, I have 5 versions of the TTN blu-ray...

I’ve got Aelita but my AVR doesn’t have Auro 3D. It’s a $250 (AU) upgrade which I haven’t bouught. Still undecided as I only have one Auro disc Mandolin Daio - Aelita)
If it's a nudge in the right direction, I find Auro to be a really good upmixer. I also really like the Auro titles I have, intend to get more and it seems to be more active, atm than Atmos, in terms of production.

Especially Darcy Proper! I see her name on tons of stuff.

Maybe I should do the Auro upgrade. I saved more than $250 when my brother ran my new ceiling cables from my ceiling to AVR location down outside of the wall (2nd floor) in a new duct. If I paid an electrician it would have been $500 probably.

Does the Auro upmixer do 7.1.4 or 5.1.4? (i.e. will it feed 4 ceiling speakers?)
Yes, it feeds 4 height speakers. 5.1 is the base mix. So, it won't use the "rears" that Atmos can use.
Also, at least for my receiver, I have to lie to it for it to be compatible with both Atmos and Auro.
Check this out, if you get the time:

Back