Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos? A bit too late for that unless you want the inevitable "end result" and I'm not going there!

The local Sprouts Market carries the ground meats from Durham Ranch - wagyu beef, elk, venison, wild boar etc...Natural Grocer is also a good store to find their stuff (they also carry other ground meats - yak and ostrich for example.

We do miss the kangaroo though - super lean, tasty but not gamey...8oz burger the same calories as a 4oz beef burger.
You'd never see meat offerings like that at a Sprouts around here. Enjoy. Although, I'll take a look a the new one down the road.

9 pound Boston Butt!!!

5ff293c0b650fd1065c5db612b0eca61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did you're butt turn out - awesome I'd imagine?
And are you taking advantage of your new outdoor WIFI?

So how did you're butt turn out - awesome I'd imagine?
And are you taking advantage of your new outdoor WIFI?
Yes, spectacular. I had to finish it in the oven for the last 4 hours.....220 degrees middle of the night. It literally fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan. Never had one that tender...that I've cooked anyway....it's all pulled apart, in 2 serving sizes and put in tupperware. Most, in the freezer. :)

Smoked Korean Tri-Tip
275 deg. about 3 hrs.
(want it a little med-rare)

View attachment 41187

Looks great! What kind of Marinade did you make? I have only looked for tri tip a couple of times before, never cooked it. Hard to find here in the Kansas City area. I am told most it goes to California! Whaaa? I guess so.

Looks great! What kind of Marinade did you make? I have only looked for tri tip a couple of times before, never cooked it. Hard to find here in the Kansas City area. I am told most it goes to California! Whaaa? I guess so.

Hickory smoke chips and
Basic sauce of:
Soy sauce, sesame oil, chile-garlic sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic & ginger, black pepper, & rice wine vinegar. And korean gochujang sauce!

Last edited:
Just so you know, we had left over Tri-Tip sandwiches on brioche buns with grilled onions and peppers.
Heavenly - but hard to believe Kansas City doesn't have Tri-Tip available; isn't that the Beef Capital of the world?

Just so you know, we had left over Tri-Tip sandwiches on brioche buns with grilled onions and peppers.
Heavenly - but hard to believe Kansas City doesn't have Tri-Tip available; isn't that the Beef Capital of the world?

HA! I think Hereford, Texas lays claim to the Beef Capital of the World. I mean the whole town is named after a breed of cattle. They probably earned it.

Kansas City at one time had a huge stockyard/auction operation. there were 16 railroad tracks intersecting the yards and all that beef and cheaper because it was local made for great dining. That shut down in early 90's. However KC could probably lay claim to being some kind of BBQ Capital of the World. Can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a smoke pit around here.

It's been a few years since I've tried to find a tri-tip. I read about it somewhere and as we have Sunday family dinners of 10 around here I thought that might be something good to try. The chains didn't have it. One very good meat specialty store said they could order it but most goes to California. I didn't ask why.

A lot of my food interests have swung Asian (just got a rice press to make musubi!) and that includes Korean BBQ. A whole adventure on its own! That's why I was asking about your marinade. I've pretty much had it with store bought bottles of hoisin sauce etc where the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup.

HA! I think Hereford, Texas lays claim to the Beef Capital of the World. I mean the whole town is named after a breed of cattle. They probably earned it.

Kansas City at one time had a huge stockyard/auction operation. there were 16 railroad tracks intersecting the yards and all that beef and cheaper because it was local made for great dining. That shut down in early 90's. However KC could probably lay claim to being some kind of BBQ Capital of the World. Can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a smoke pit around here.

It's been a few years since I've tried to find a tri-tip. I read about it somewhere and as we have Sunday family dinners of 10 around here I thought that might be something good to try. The chains didn't have it. One very good meat specialty store said they could order it but most goes to California. I didn't ask why.

A lot of my food interests have swung Asian (just got a rice press to make musubi!) and that includes Korean BBQ. A whole adventure on its own! That's why I was asking about your marinade. I've pretty much had it with store bought bottles of hoisin sauce etc where the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup.
Well you’ve got us beat bad for BBQ smoke pits; don’t know of any out my way that I can brag about😢

Hey, if you’ve got any killer marinade or mop recipes, shoot em my way😀

Do you still have The Hereford House in KC. A great steak house I visited years ago.

Back