"Hybrid 3 SACD" Listings - Michael Jackson & Elvis Presley

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
either the seller is mistaken or its not the real McCoy since there was no hybrid SACD of "Thriller". all SACD incarnations (whether in card slipcase, plastic slipcase or the Japanese release) were single layer and not playable in CD players.

its got more than a faint whiff of bullshit about it, including the whole DSD/Flac layer thing and the claim of being able to play it in Hi-Res on a CD player.. but i don't know it might be the real deal after all..?

:ROFLMAO:
This is some ridiculous BS.
"DSD/FLAC" layer?
"The third layer is the finished product, a combination of the first two layers utilizing both concepts to produce the final result. The HYBRID 3 Super Audio CD!" :ROFLMAO:
So it's a Hybrid SACD. And a bootleg. Nice one.

"The ingenious newly developed HYBRID 3 incorporates 3 CD layers and intertwines and combines them"
Ah - Intertwining, that well known methodology. Glad they cleared that up.

infused with the finest snake oil, we take our CD-R's and intertwine them with a load of old codswallop and some files we got off a site in Russia 😁

Just look on eBay and see how many Beatles Bootleg BluRay's are sold of the classic Beatles albums, claimed to be in 5.1 and official "foreign" issues with bonus tracks and all. The seller claims they picked them up on a trip, but they have a seemingly endless supply. "Please Please Me" in 5.1 must be a hoot!

This part really cracked me up:
Where you thought there was one guitar, there are 2 or 3 guitars. Where you thought there was one voice, there are a few voices. Please Please Me and Love Me Do are surprisingly good in surround.

Last I checked, that album was recorded two-track. I wonder if he just took the stereo mix and turned it sideways? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Those Beatles BluRays are all over Yahoo Japan. They even have other stuff that could only be derived from mono bootlegs and stolen outtakes. If it isn't an EMI release, I stay away from it. As to the Hybrid 3 SACDs, I am glad they've been debunked here before I found a title I might like to own. Enough legitimate stuff to empty my piggy bank with first.

Back