Dolby Atmos Releases (so far)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to get the ATMOS version if you are set up for it. For me, it's prime example of how ATMOS can up the experience over an already stellar 5.1 mix.
Yes that's what I had heard, along with Baggins glowing revue...thanks for that (y)
My copy from Amazon Germany is due to arrive in early July.

Same issue. I can whack it in my shopping cart but when I get to pay I get the same message: can’t ship to Australia.
Gah!!! Can your QQ friends help you, at all, within your price range?!
I know I implored Aussie friends, a while back, on a deal that would have sent me the Fleetwood Mac S/T DVD for around $30, but nobody would help...

I know I implored Aussie friends, a while back, on a deal that would have sent me the Fleetwood Mac S/T DVD for around $30, but nobody would help..

I didn’t see your request. Is it still available?

Snood very kindly has helped me previously but the AFTP is a huge box set. So resending would be very expensive. So probably not much cheaper in the end. Hopefully they’ll repackage and release just the BD Atmos disc at some stage (which is all I want, no vinyl or CDs get played here)

R.E.M. - Automatic for the People now ordered.

It turned up on Amazon AU this morning with free shipping for Prime members (me).

That was timely!!

Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon Germany.
Mike's review is spot on. It has a fuller surround mix with Atmos than the DVD Audio one.. You might expect this but not every Atmos release has made better use of those extra speakers (fortunately most have!!)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

I have my main 5 speakers (FL, C, FR, SR, SL full range) driven by an Arcam AVR. The other 6 speakers (rear pair and top 4) all driven by a Denon AVR which does the decoding. So it’s easy to turn off my Arcam an listen to just the 6 channels over (and above :p) the standard 5.1 mix.

I have my main 5 speakers (FL, C, FR, SR, SL full range) driven by an Arcam AVR. The other 6 speakers (rear pair and top 4) all driven by a Denon AVR which does the decoding. So it’s easy to turn off my Arcam an listen to just the 6 channels over (and above :p) the standard 5.1 mix.
I'm fairly jealous!

Pretty interesting setup. I'm curious as to how you have the Arcam and the Denon connected.

I'm curious as to how you have the Arcam and the Denon connected.

My Denon AVR-X7200WA has 11.1 analog (RCA) preamp outs but only 9 amplifier channels. So I needed at least two additional channels in an external amp to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.4.

My previous AVR was the Arcam AVR600. It has 7.1 analog (RCA) preamp ins. The Arcam has better amplifiers (bigger power supply, lower THD and sounds better, a bit more lower end). I’ve connect the ‘normal’ 5 (3 front, 2 sides) via RCAs from Denon to Arcam. I’ve also set the Arcam to use its extra two channels to bi-amp my FL & FR (B&W 802D) so all 7 channel amps are in use.

The volume is controlled from the Denon’s volume control (including iPad app). Initially I set the Arcam’s volume manually to 65 and did a manual (ear) channel volume comparison. Upped it to 70, which seemed about right (volume of 5 Arcam channels vs 6 Denon channels).

Then I ran an Audessey calibration on the Denon and that tweaked the levels just a bit (within about 1.5db). The Arcam is now set to auto set volume to 70 on power on. I’d previously switched off Audessey on the Arcam and manually set all its channel levels to 0. So all room correction, speaker distances,volume level etc are controlled by the Denon.

So now I just turn on both AVRs and off I go. All sounds sweet. My system has never sounded so good, partly due to change back to the Arcam for the main channels, partly the new room acoustics compared to my previous house. The new room is smaller and lots of large windows covered with honeycomb blinds (good acoustically, less sound reflections). And partly the additional 4 height channels that just fill the room with more sound.

I haven’t yet setup a 12V trigger which would auto power on the Arcam when Denon powers on. It’s on my To Do list.

This saved me quite a bit as I was thinking of buying a new AVR with 11 channels plus 4 new ceiling speakers. In the end it the only cost was the speakers and the old Arcam got to get out of storage.

So any of you out there with a great multichannel amp or AVR but without Atmos or DTS:X decoders should consider buying a 2nd hand AVR with Atmos and reusing their old AVR/Amp to do the mains as above. It works a treat!

What do I need to play the Kraftwerk 3D Catalogue Blu-Ray in US? Walmart says it’s Region 2. Is there a US version?

I very much doubt it’s region coded. (And why would Walmart sell region 2? Actually there is no bluray region 2, it’s region B)

Back