Steven Wilson working on 5.1 mixes of Tangerine Dream's "Phaedra" and "Ricochet"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update. This sucks. I could be wrong but when this was announced, didn’t Steven Wilson say this is where it can be ordered from and it’s limited edition. Me, an anxious sort when it comes to 5.1, didn’t hesitate to pre-order from them. I think I ordered on April 14th. I figured they would be the first outlet to ship them. Dang! Only saving grace is I am behind and still have the KC remixes to listen to and good old burning shed dispatched the Eddie Jobson reissue. I know it’s only remixed in stereo but I never owned any of his solo stuff.

Is there any chance that these will be released as stand alone bd’s? That’s what I’d like because I’m not very familiar with the band and I really don’t want to spend a small fortune on a big box to find out it’s not my cuppa.

Is there any chance that these will be released as stand alone bd’s? That’s what I’d like because I’m not very familiar with the band and I really don’t want to spend a small fortune on a big box to find out it’s not my cuppa.

I’m the same as you, I can’t justify the outlay; however standalone CDs from the box set have been released, some with Steven Wilson remixes or bonus tracks (where applicable) and they’re only £5.99, if you’re in the UK HMV have them at 2 for £10. So I’m making do with Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet in Stereo for now ( although they sound great in Dolby PLII)

Burning shed link for Ricochet:

https://burningshed.com/tangerine-d...name=Tangerine dream&filter_sub_category=true

I’m the same as you, I can’t justify the outlay; however standalone CDs from the box set have been released, some with Steven Wilson remixes or bonus tracks (where applicable) and they’re only £5.99, if you’re in the UK HMV have them at 2 for £10. So I’m making do with Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet in Stereo for now ( although they sound great in Dolby PLII)

Burning shed link for Ricochet:

https://burningshed.com/tangerine-d...name=Tangerine dream&filter_sub_category=trueView attachment 41364
I was actually in HMV in England on holiday last week and almost picked these up but decided to hold off in case the bd’s are sold separately. Kind of kicking myself now

phaedra is not what I EXPECTED. :sleep:
I will give it one more test on the 5.2.4 system at full throttle.
Same with me. The 5.1 mix of the title track did not blow me away. Oddly, I liked his stereo mix on the CD though.
The 5.1 mix of Sequent C' is fabulous.
Also, Ricochet 5.1 and Oedipus 5.1 are stellar.

Thanks for the update. This sucks. I could be wrong but when this was announced, didn’t Steven Wilson say this is where it can be ordered from and it’s limited edition. Me, an anxious sort when it comes to 5.1, didn’t hesitate to pre-order from them. I think I ordered on April 14th. I figured they would be the first outlet to ship them. Dang!...

Here is the email I just got from MusicVaultz after another inquiry:

“Unfortunately there has been a further delay in receiving your order from the supplier.

We appreciate this is frustrating and can only apologise.

If you no longer wish to wait for this item please let us know and we can cancel this order for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Millie
Digital stores Customer Service”

Since they don’t say when they expect product to be available, anyone know what’s the best place to get this set shipped to Canada at a decent price? (this order was around $215 Canadian, and Amazon Canada wants nearly $500 now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it is currently sold out at all the usual places. I guess Virgin didn't press enough copies on the original run to satisfy demand.

In a recent e-mail I had from Burning Shed, they said that a second run was forthcoming. Their website has a release date of August 9th.

My "2nd pressing" copy arrived from Amazon UK last week. The outer box was beat to hell and almost to the point where the inner box (which was in perfect condition) could have fallen right out of it. That is was happened to my first copy according the the UPS tracking that said something to the effect of "outer box with shipping label received, contents missing, package discarded". Amazon did refund me but I had to repurchase at a little higher price. Now to find 15 hours to listen to this!

I was browsing through TubiTV on my Roku looking for something to watch and stumbled on TD live in Coventry Cathedral in 1975. I’ve no idea what version it is because I’ve never seen it before but it seems to be a mix of old footage and new stills/video in and around the cathedral. I only watched a couple of minutes because I wanted to be in the mood for it. I’d imagine that there’s going to be a few adverts in it because it’s entirely free but that’s fine. If you don’t have TubiTV you can download the Tubi app to smart TVs, iPhones etc. Found tons of music documentaries on there too. Enjoy.

I was browsing through TubiTV on my Roku looking for something to watch and stumbled on TD live in Coventry Cathedral in 1975. I’ve no idea what version it is because I’ve never seen it before but it seems to be a mix of old footage and new stills/video in and around the cathedral. I only watched a couple of minutes because I wanted to be in the mood for it. I’d imagine that there’s going to be a few adverts in it because it’s entirely free but that’s fine. If you don’t have TubiTV you can download the Tubi app to smart TVs, iPhones etc. Found tons of music documentaries on there too. Enjoy.
I have a DVDV of that, it's stereo though. Now, there is a newer TD DVDV (since Edgar passed) called Live At Augusta Raurica Switzerland 2016 or something similar. It's a DD 5.1 and came out last year.
EDIT: I meant to add that a really good concert was Rocking Out The Bats - Live at the Citadel Spandau in I think 2009. It's a DVDV DD 5.1 and it's PAL.

Back