DeMix pro for making your own 4.0 or 5.1 music from stereo mixes.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May i suggest one quick work?
Billy Paul, Me and Mrs. Jones. The quad mix featured in SQ, Q8 and SACD has a wrong vocal take for the last "Me and Mrs. Jones".
Steps:
1) Vocal isolation of the stereo source;
2) Vocal isolation of the quad front pair
3) All the rest of the quad front pair
Mix togheter 1 and 3.

You can work only on a 15-sec sample of the needed part for 1 and 2-3, all the rest is fine.

Looks like there's a lower cost "essentials" version as well, but it's only 16-44.

I will ask the developer of SPEC to respond to you

Is there a trial version of Demix Pro?

I would like to see how easy it is to use - Spec has tons of controls but I typically just use the default settings - listen and then redo if I want to raise or lower the center or raise or lower the surrounds..

There’s a review that describes the needed work:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...nd-technology/review-audiosourceres-demix-pro
Sounds like this is more on the spectral edit to separated stems and remix vs. one step upmix like spec.

Spec and spec web work by the pan position of sounds in the original stereo mix, giving you controls as to how to spread that mix across the surround speakers.

Later versions also look at the phase relationship of original left and right (in the spectral domain) for separation of ambient sounds, which you can route to the rears.

FYI SpecWeb 2.0 is in the works, with new features and other improvements (built in 2x or 4x oversampling being one). Should be out later this summer.

But to focus in on the re-pan question, no specweb only ingests a single stereo track. To remix, re-pan “stems” separated by spectral or other means you want a “daw” type program. Plogue Biddle, while not a traditional “daw” certainly has all the tools to remix stems.

You’ll probably need/want a mastering limiter, and/or other mastering plugins, to restore the dynamics of the original mix or at least to master your remix. Also FYI that’s one of the big improvements in specweb 2.0 is super accurate dynamics matching to the original mix (loudness and true peak or inter sample peak).

There’s a review that describes the needed work:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...nd-technology/review-audiosourceres-demix-pro
Sounds like this is more on the spectral edit to separated stems and remix vs. one step upmix like spec.

I have tried spectral based ones and they are too much work

Demix pro does look like you can get pretty decent results, particularly eliminating vocal bleeding, and if it can get rid of artifacts is a HUGE plus - the artifacts is my biggest knock against upmixing..

I will ask the developer of SPEC to respond to you

Is there a trial version of Demix Pro?

I would like to see how easy it is to use - Spec has tons of controls but I typically just use the default settings - listen and then redo if I want to raise or lower the center or raise or lower the surrounds..
oh yes there is trial ver

I forgot to mention that I exported the files generated to my DAW I use sound forge 13 audio studio- and choose what files went into channel 1-6 mostly vocal ch3 and drums SL - totally arbitrary on my part.

Back