New Karcius album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugene

400 Club - QQ All-Star
This band has done some great music in the past years, the new album will have 5.1 mixes, here's from the web site :

Montreal-based art-rock band KARCIUS is back and will be releasing its fifth album entitled The Fold on August 18, 2018.

The Fold is a concept album that plays around the idea that what if our perception of reality could be interpreted as a form of dementia ?

“At the heart of every living being resides a power that lurks in the deepest corners of our minds. It can alter thoughts, render unconscious and feed on memories” - album prologue.

The Fold is atmospheric, catchy, heavy and adventurous. With its cinematic storytelling approach, the album gives a new scope and a fresh twist to the Prog Rock genre.

According to Simon L’Espérance “Every section of these songs are pictures, scenes and soundscapes. We wanted to create a new setting for our music so we produced the album like a soundtrack. The more the story elaborated, the clearer we understood where it took place and what purpose the characters within this universe served, the more we realized what a unique concept we were holding in our hands. Building it and elaborating it as the deadline came closer.”

This sonically rich production, the attention to detail and its unique concept marks a milestone for KARCIUS. The Fold will be released on CD, LP and HI-RES audio in August 2018. Also, expect a remixed 5.1 surround special edition for an amazing sonic experience this coming fall.

http://www.karcius.com/

a thank you for the heads up, illustrated!
37853784_10155755667379786_7005583214488059904_o.jpg

From band's FB:
Karcius will release “The Fold - Live in France” in 2019.

Blu-ray will include:
- A complete live show recorded at Crescendo Festival in France in August 2018, mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround format.
- A surround 5.1 mix of “The Fold” album

Watch this performance at

For the occasion, we offer a 15% discount on our STORE (https://karcius.bandcamp.com) with the code: goodbyelive2018

So I asked the guitarist Simon L’Espérance, "I hope this is very discreet and has good dynamics" and this was his response:

"It is full dynamic and not too much compressed. Very natural mix. It will be shipped as soon as we are back from Germany. Thanks !!"

Here is a review of the "The Fold" album which is on this bluray:

http://theprogressiveaspect.net/blog/2018/10/15/karcius-the-fold/

I just got home after visiting my Mom and shopping and see email from bandcamp that the bluray is being shipped.

Getting a download is definitely a good option but the bluray does include a full live concert as well besides the latest album.

I'm living next door to the band and haven't received my order yet, it's so long that a man from the band is ready to bring me one directly at my home if it doesn't show up in the next days. I am fed up with Canada Post.

I'm living next door to the band and haven't received my order yet, it's so long that a man from the band is ready to bring me one directly at my home if it doesn't show up in the next days. I am fed up with Canada Post.

Did you get your copy?
I thought since we are in Canada that this would show up at the door within a week, What was I thinking, guess Aerosmith had it right,"Dream On."

Back