Bluray Players w/Multi-channel audio DLNA similar to/better than Oppo 103, best iOS DLNA app

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That being said, the x800 Mk2 is a good choice as well. Only thing is, if you want you want to stream media over the network, then you need to have a media server running somewhere else (or on your NAS if it supports all file formats). Or you need a drive directly connected via USB. This is the case, at least with the original x800.

I 100% agree. I am one of those people that bought one on @LuvMyQuad 's suggestion. It works great. Just load it up with Foobar, MPC-HC, VLC and you are up and running. Only thing is these will not support 4K, since they are based on older processors.
I’m very interested! That’s OK if no 4K video. I’d use a separate AVR input anyway, distinct from the 4K BR player and video streamer.

That being said, the x800 Mk2 is a good choice as well. Only thing is, if you want you want to stream media over the network, then you need to have a media server running somewhere else (or on your NAS if it supports all file formats). Or you need a drive directly connected via USB. This is the case, at least with the original x800.
Thanks. Yes my NAS has Twonkymedia and other media servers. That’s part of the DLNA system with my Oppo acting as DLNA player/renderer.

To get the above up and running all you need is one of these

its cheap, its fanless, and has more than enough horsepower to do anything you need. I own one and have recommended them to others who have bought them and use them regularly. Comes with windows 10 pro and will plug right into your network. No assembly. Just load up Kodi, or Foobar, or Jriver and you're playing music.
Liking this! One question: do you use a wireless keyboard to run things? My seat is in the middle of the room, and the PC would be installed next to other audio/video equipment.

Liking this! One question: do you use a wireless keyboard to run things? My seat is in the middle of the room, and the PC would be installed next to other audio/video equipment.
I don't have the system, but I have a laptop on my AV shelves...and I use a wireless keyboard. Works flawlessly.

To get the above up and running all you need is one of these

its cheap, its fanless, and has more than enough horsepower to do anything you need. I own one and have recommended them to others who have bought them and use them regularly. Comes with windows 10 pro and will plug right into your network. No assembly. Just load up Kodi, or Foobar, or Jriver and you're playing music.
OK, I pulled the trigger on the mini PC. Can’t wait to try this baby!

Thanks for the recommendation!

You wont believe how much PC you got for the price you paid. Get a keyboard and you're in business. I even bought a USB mic for it and run REW with it.
REW, I hadn’t even thought of that! I have the calibrated USB mic already. Logitech kbd is also coming. Can’t wait to load up Kodi and start listening.

Reactions: GOS
Last edited:
Looking good!

I just found my Minix A2 Lite remote works for Kodi on my Microsoft Surface Pro (Win10) PC. So it will work for your mini PC.

Once you are up and running with Kodi and using the Aeon Nox: Silvo skin you can fully customise the menu including adding music nodes with filters.

This is my Aeon Nox: Silvo music menu (see the 'Atmos Music' and 'Quad Music' sub-menus below the main 'Music' menu. It I click on 'Quad' I see a list of all by Quad albums. On 'Atmos' I see a list of Atmos albums etc. You can also create Playlist to do similar.

(On the menu there is an automated Artst slideshow cycling through random artist photos, you can tell Aeon Nox Silvo to do this in its menu setup

SS024.png

To get the two Atmos/Quad menu nodes to filter the album content I have added either '(Atmos)' or '(Quad)' to the album folder names: Example folder name:

Wish You Were Here (Quad)

Last edited:
REW, I hadn’t even thought of that! I have the calibrated USB mic already. Logitech kbd is also coming. Can’t wait to load up Kodi and start listening.
You are probably going to want either Foobar or Jriver as well for all those SACDs. I personally use a mini keyboard. I also have direct access to foobar from a phone app.

Once you are up and running with Kodi and using the Aeon Nox: Silvo skin you can fully customise the menu including adding music nodes with filters.

This is my Aeon Nox: Silvo music menu (see the 'Atmos Music' and 'Quad Music' sub-menus below the main 'Music' menu. It I click on 'Quad' I see a list of all by Quad albums. On 'Atmos' I see a list of Atmos albums etc. You can also create Playlist to do similar.

(On the menu there is an automated Artst slideshow cycling through random artist photos, you can tell Aeon Nox Silvo to do this in its menu setup

SS024.png

To get the two Atmos/Quad menu nodes to filter the album content have added either '(Atmos)' or '(Quad)' to the album holder names: Example folder name:

Wish You Were Here (Quad)
I’m psyched!

:unsure: That mini-pc is quite reasonable. I may have to order one too. Are there any that do 4K yet? Also, is this mini-pc only available used and is it the best bang for the buck? I can use the HDMI output on my OLED display, as needed.

Back