Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guess Who
American Woman/Share the Land
Dutton-vocalion SACD DSD 4.0
FB_IMG_1565657284793.jpg

Not to get too off course with the thread; but, I've been enthralled with "Sticky Fingers" lately on the SM. Much better than you'd ever think especially the more acoustic stuff - ya gotta gotta try it!

Pupsta, do you have the SHM~SACD remaster of Sticky Fingers? That sounds outrageous even in stereo.

See the source image

Even the zipper has been lubricated with WD40 for easy access [LOL].

Pupsta, do you have the SHM~SACD remaster of Sticky Fingers? That sounds outrageous even in stereo.

See the source image

Even the zipper has been lubricated with WD40 for easy access [LOL].

No, but maybe, maybe not! I'm still looking into any effect DR may play in SMv2 decode (I believe Chucky mentioned somewhere it didn't matter:unsure:), see this page here. I recently got a CD with one of the highest DRs for this title and already had one with low DRs approximately 5 DRs difference on some songs. The SACD has upper middling DR, but of course the mastering probably plays a major factor in the final sound (i.e. the masterful job *IMO, by Christoph Stickel on the Tower ECM Japanese SACDs)

Well, the @%*& tv has no picture again, so only SACDs until the ghost in that particular machine allows visuals once again. My wife is sleeping pretty, so I grabbed something I could play softly . . .

1565679796468.png
. . . while I follow @J. PUPSTER 's advice

and start thinking out of the box: I'm searching the web for a second AVR that will work with the Surround Master V. 2! Who can sleep with such a tantalizing task ahead of him!?!

Technically this isn't surround.... I ordered the Bird3 DVDA after reading about it. I was sent the plain CD by mistake. However I listened to it....and its good music poppy hard rock good guitar playing, songs. So a win thanks to QQ never would have looked for this group if not reading about here.
Still looking forward to hearing how the real surround mix is.

Technically this isn't surround.... I ordered the Bird3 DVDA after reading about it. I was sent the plain CD by mistake. However I listened to it....and its good music poppy hard rock good guitar playing, songs. So a win thanks to QQ never would have looked for this group if not reading about here.
Still looking forward to hearing how the real surround mix is.
Playing Bird3 now Jefe
Update coming...

Hello, can't find the DVD Audio version on discogs..

Only your CD one:
https://www.discogs.com/Bird-3-Bird-3/release/5263187
Amazon UK listing:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bird3-DVD-...d=1546455968&sr=8-2&keywords=bird+3+dvd+audio
US Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bird3/dp/B000WZ5EXQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Bird3&qid=1565719453&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Being a Southern boy, I got immense pleasure out of getting and listening to (just finished listening) The Allman Brothers Band - Live at Great Woods.
It was recorded in 1991 originally for release in Japan, but made it's release on DVD in the US in 2004. (It was also released on VHS in 1992 according to Discogs)
Dickey Betts was still kicking major ass back then, (playing with his own script of course) along with relative newcomer Warren Haynes. You watch Dickey play back then and if you didn't know before, now you do where so many of those great guitar hooks came from. He's a Florida boy too......

Long live The Allman Brothers Band.

Back