What is the story behind your Avatar

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soundboy, until a saw a larger pic of your pooch earlier in this thread, I always thought the little avatar version showed him chillin' on the cool tile floor with a white bar towel draped over his head. :cool:

I thought it was some sort of stuffed chicken or something.. lmao

I guess I forgot to update this forum about Bogi.

Bogi passed away back in March. He was almost 13 years old, which was very old for a large, pure breed dog. Bogi didn't know it, but over the years, he became the mental and physical support for my mom, who has dementia. The below photo is of Bogi, when he's not sleepy.

6557415259_4d33712442.jpg

I guess I forgot to update this forum about Bogi.

Bogi passed away back in March. He was almost 13 years old, which was very old for a large, pure breed dog. Bogi didn't know it, but over the years, he became the mental and physical support for my mom, who has dementia. The below photo is of Bogi, when he's not sleepy.

6557415259_4d33712442.jpg

Losing a family pet is hard. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss. We lost one of our pups around the same time. I was devastated, as he was the one who completely adopted me, following me around, sleeping with me, losing his shit when I came home, coming with me on late night Taco Bell runs and wooing the people in the drive thru windows. Kudos to you for being strong enough to have him as your avatar. I couldn't have done that, seeing him every day online. The Facebook Memories of photos are bad enough even still now, months later.

So sorry for your loss. We lost one of our pups around the same time. I was devastated, as he was the one who completely adopted me, following me around, sleeping with me, losing his shit when I came home, coming with me on late night Taco Bell runs and wooing the people in the drive thru windows. Kudos to you for being strong enough to have him as your avatar. I couldn't have done that, seeing him every day online. The Facebook Memories of photos are bad enough even still now, months later.

Bogi was a big part of our lives. I took the day off from work after taking him to the vet, for the final time, the previous night. I ended up sitting inside my car, at a parking lot of Kohl's, going through his photos in my cell phone. Everything at home reminded me of Bogi....his many pillows around the house, his pitcher of filtered, ice water inside the fridge, his many boxes of snacks inside the pantry, etc. Then there are the neighbors who came by to ask about him; I guess they saw me walking without him around the neighborhood. I now choose to remember him for all of the silliness and laughter he brought to my family while he was with us. His ashes are at my house, so Bogi's still with us in spirit.

Bogi was a big part of our lives. I took the day off from work after taking him to the vet, for the final time, the previous night. I ended up sitting inside my car, at a parking lot of Kohl's, going through his photos in my cell phone. Everything at home reminded me of Bogi....his many pillows around the house, his pitcher of filtered, ice water inside the fridge, his many boxes of snacks inside the pantry, etc. Then there are the neighbors who came by to ask about him; I guess they saw me walking without him around the neighborhood. I now choose to remember him for all of the silliness and laughter he brought to my family while he was with us. His ashes are at my house, so Bogi's still with us in spirit.

😢

I had Gizmo, my Jack Russell Terrier for about 15 years. Her dad Skeeter lived for 21 years! Got her from one of my best friend's parents who bred them. My X bought her for my birthday from them for $20, even though she would've easily brought $200 or more, being pure-bred. Lost the girlfriend way before the dog, and miss Gizmo much more than the girl. She passed almost 10 years ago, and that ended my pet ownership permanently. It was too painful losing Gizmo to ever go through again. I called her that because she had inordinately large ears and weighed less than 9lbs. She looked like a satellite dish. :LOL:

Love Bogi's one natural grey leg warmer! :love:

When the forum went to round avatars I had to change mine because the original square panel just didn't fit the round format. Anyway my current avatar is a monochromatic image of Jerry Garcia I found online. I always loved the Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia. And I always thought I kind of looked like Garcia in my younger days, beard, glassed, long hair, Hispanic.
Wish there was more Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia in multichannel..

My wife took this just as we finished dinner at an italian restaurant in Copenhagen after a 3day visit to B&O in Struer. My wife and I found ourselves seated next to a couple of B&O retirees. He worked in the business/accounting office and she had actually constructed phono cartridges. Interesting dinner.

Just have to adjust your photo size to make it fit. I change my Avatar whenever the urge hits, the newest is a photo of a t-shirt my wife got for me from Greece. Little hard to read, but based on the HBO series Chernobyl. * 3.6 Roentgen *. " Not Great, Not Terrible".....

Edit: With the Ferris Wheel from the new amusement park in Pripyat that was supposed to open May Day in the background.

Last edited:
Just have to adjust your photo size to make it fit. I change my Avatar whenever the urge hits, the newest is a photo of a t-shirt my wife got for me from Greece. Little hard to read, but based on the HBO series Chernobyl. * 3.6 Roentgen *. " Not Great, Not Terrible".....

Edit: With the Ferris Wheel from the new amusement park in Pripyat that was supposed to open May Day in the background.

Snood liked the previous one!!!! :QQlove

Back