New melodic Prog Rock album Lunacy by Fluance

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the sample clip. I'd buy it too. Any format. Just don't compress the hell out of it.
Thank you. I try to keep this project as old school as possible. Nothing that couldn't or wouldn't be done in the 70's so slamming it with multi compression and is not an option here. I started the project with the aim of creating a Dark Side of the Moon for the 21st century, written from the perspective of a 50 something. So a sequel, in effect.

Thank you, together with the amazing responses we are getting elsewhere towards the stereo and vinyl and possible open reel
versions, I think we are going to have to get a coordinated release campaign together. We are talking to industry contacts now in an attempt to raise the backing we need, especially to fund the tour we are planning. All exciting stuff but a bit bewildering🤪😜🤪

Hi, my name is Philip Lane and I am a record producer, song writer and musician based in the UK and Spain. Together with Jane Lane, we have just written and produced a new melodic Prog Rock album entitled Lunacy by Fluance. It is very reminiscent of Pink Floyd and features the amazing talents of Duncan Mackay - he of 10cc, Alan Parsons Project, Kate Bush, Cockney Rebel, Camel, Budgie and many others fame.

It also features Marty Prior (Cockney Rebel), Barry James Thomas (Sad Café),
Jonny Welburn (Hookstick)
Jane Lane (Hookstick)
Philip Lane (Hookstick)
Mark Montana (Interstellar)
Steve Cooper
Tom Stedman (Hookstick)
Kes C (Hookstick)
Henrik Lundgren
Jenni Lane (Hookstick)
Henry Lane
Tony Skeggs
And a special thanks to Michael Lane for his solo on power tools and piano-harp.
It was produced, mixed and engineered by Philip Lane at the Beehouse Recording Studios, Llanfyllin, www.beehouse.co.uk.

Release date to be announced soon. Tour dates for 2020 to be confirmed. All Rights Reserved 2014-2019 Lane & Lane, Noochoon Publishing. www.fluance.eu

A stereo preview of which can be found here:

I would like very much to take a poll of anyone who might be interested in purchasing a surround version (5.1) as would like to produce one if there is enough demand.

Please therefore would you reply to this post if you think you would like to purchase a copy and I can get some ideas of the number of people interested?

Thank you for taking your time to read this and respond.

Kind regards, Philip and Jane Lane

UPDATE

The stereo version CD of this album is now available either from Marquee Records / Belle Antique as a Japanese import.

It is also available as a stereo download from www.noochoon.com

I am presently getting ready for final surround 5.1 mix which should hopefully be out by the Autumn.
Hi, my name is Philip Lane and I am a record producer, song writer and musician based in the UK and Spain. Together with Jane Jane, we have just written and produced a new melodic Prog Rock album entitled Lunacy by Fluance. It is very reminiscent of Pink Floyd and features the amazing talents of Duncan Mackay - he of 10cc, Alan Parsons Project, Kate Bush, Cockney Rebel, Camel, Budgie and many others fame.

It also features Marty Prior (Cockney Rebel), Barry James Thomas (Sad Café),
Jonny Welburn (Hookstick)
Jane Lane (Hookstick)
Philip Lane (Hookstick)
Mark Montana (Interstellar)
Steve Cooper
Tom Stedman (Hookstick)
Kes C (Hookstick)
Henrik Lundgren
Jenni Lane (Hookstick)
Henry Lane
Tony Skeggs
And a special thanks to Michael Lane for his solo on power tools and piano-harp.
It was produced, mixed and engineered by Philip Lane at the Beehouse Recording Studios, Llanfyllin, www.beehouse.co.uk.

Release date to be announced soon. Tour dates for 2020 to be confirmed. All Rights Reserved 2014-2019 Lane & Lane, Noochoon Publishing. www.fluance.eu

A stereo preview of which can be found here:

I would like very much to take a poll of anyone who might be interested in purchasing a surround version (5.1) as would like to produce one if there is enough demand.

Please therefore would you reply to this post if you think you would like to purchase a copy and I can get some ideas of the number of people interested?

Thank you for taking your time to read this and respond.

Kind regards, Philip and Jane Lane

UPDATE

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BELLE-203268

The album is now available as a stereo CD release from Belle Antique / Marquee Records.

It is also available as a stereo download from
www.noochoon.com

I am preparing for the surround mixes at present and hope to have this out by the end of the Summer.

Mostly, I have been fighting pirates this week!

Within the first 24 hours of release two "stolen" versions of the album were uploaded to Youtube. I know the files were stolen because an additional 17 minute track which has not yet been officially released or sent out to anyone other than band members was included as a bonus track. The rest of the uploads were individual tracks without the adjoining concept pieces and the real Japanese bonus track. I successfully managed to get the two Youtube videos down but this was just a drop in the ocean. I have now found more than fifty torrent uploads of the same files all over the place. Sites with download counters are pointing to tens of thousands of downloads within the first twenty four hours!

It took two years of our time and great personal expense to get to this stage and now it is there free for the taking to the whole world. It makes me wonder whether it is worth producing anymore although I know we will. We are about half way through making the second album (would have been more if someone hadn't stolen 17 minutes of new material).

The music business is finished as far as recorded works go. All hail to the days of vinyl when piracy was one to one, poor quality and real-time.

We have had some amazing feedback and are readying the stereo version CD for sale outside of Japan. The best of it is people have even given us great reviews on the pirate sites! One even complaining that the bonus track should have been a side of an album in itself! It was supposed to be.

We have also been called "the next Pink Floyd" by a number of people, which is at least reassuring.

Oh well, at least there are genuine music lovers who will be honest and buy the product and to them I salute and thank for their support.

I'm sorry to write this rant but it has just hit home in the hardest of ways as to how bad the state of all digital media is.

Sorry for the troubles. That really does hurt, I'm sure. I will, for sure, buy the multi-channel version when you get it ready. Good luck!

Thank you. I know I'm not the first to suffer from this but when it becomes a reality it does hurt. On the upside, we seem to have a few thousand more fans in the underground world, maybe they'll come and see us when we tour!

Another purchaser here!!
I had hoped that you would follow the surround mix path, after all those early discussions on this site, about what it entailed etc.
Unfortunately, in this digital age, nothing is sacred for long, when unscrupulous people will do anything to undermine the true professionals and their hard work. :mad:

Another purchaser here!!
I had hoped that you would follow the surround mix path, after all those early discussions on this site, about what it entailed etc.
Unfortunately, in this digital age, nothing is sacred for long, when unscrupulous people will do anything to undermine the true professionals and their hard work. :mad:

Thank you, it has been my intention from the outset to mix in surround, it's just finding a tranche of time in the studio where I can set up exclusively to mix in surround. I'm either out of the country or ( like now) backed up with stereo clients. I really want to be able to mix an album in surround in its entirety and it will certainly be a part of the design when I next build a studio. I'm really looking forward to it but still have a lot to learn before I commit.

I am preparing for the surround mixes at present and hope to have this out by the end of the Summer.

Mostly, I have been fighting pirates this week!

Within the first 24 hours of release two "stolen" versions of the album were uploaded to Youtube. I know the files were stolen because an additional 17 minute track which has not yet been officially released or sent out to anyone other than band members was included as a bonus track. The rest of the uploads were individual tracks without the adjoining concept pieces and the real Japanese bonus track. I successfully managed to get the two Youtube videos down but this was just a drop in the ocean. I have now found more than fifty torrent uploads of the same files all over the place. Sites with download counters are pointing to tens of thousands of downloads within the first twenty four hours!

It took two years of our time and great personal expense to get to this stage and now it is there free for the taking to the whole world. It makes me wonder whether it is worth producing anymore although I know we will. We are about half way through making the second album (would have been more if someone hadn't stolen 17 minutes of new material).

The music business is finished as far as recorded works go. All hail to the days of vinyl when piracy was one to one, poor quality and real-time.

We have had some amazing feedback and are readying the stereo version CD for sale outside of Japan. The best of it is people have even given us great reviews on the pirate sites! One even complaining that the bonus track should have been a side of an album in itself! It was supposed to be.

We have also been called "the next Pink Floyd" by a number of people, which is at least reassuring.

Oh well, at least there are genuine music lovers who will be honest and buy the product and to them I salute and thank for their support.

I'm sorry to write this rant but it has just hit home in the hardest of ways as to how bad the state of all digital media is.

Dear DJ Mantra -

Take heart - this is not all bad (as you have already observed). Think of the downloads as "modern radio." Whereas in the past an artist had to struggle to get their new work heard via "official" channels, now the fans themselves are taking their consumption into their own hands. If your music is creating a buzz in the on-line communities, all the better for your official releases and touring. In the old days, the concert was the "loss leader," and the album was the payoff product. That model - for better or worse - is now on its head. The studio music serves as a promotional item to draw people to your work and to your concerts. The experience of being with the musician live cannot be pirated.

From what I have heard in the 1st sample clip you provided (I missed this thread last August), your stuff is great! When you release the surround version, I will buy an official copy. If you come through Denver (try to play Red Rocks), I will attend your show.

When an unknown (to consumer x) artist comes along, they NEED some kind of introduction to the masses to gain popularity. The downloads feel like theft, but in fact you are getting into the consciousness of people who give a shit enough about music to bother downloading. Trust me, if they are torrenting files, they have enough music on their hard drives that they do not need any more. If you are getting past the indifference of the general public, you are winning. It just might not feel like that now.

Take heart, make your music, and focus on the joy of creativity. If that comes through your work, downloads will help you to find your audience.

Good luck!

Back