New Karcius album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get your copy?
I thought since we are in Canada that this would show up at the door within a week, What was I thinking, guess Aerosmith had it right,"Dream On."

Yes, received it yesterday. It took 8 days for a 5 minutes car drive distance. I guess that the package was sitting somewhere for a week.

Well, how's the 5.1 of this sound if you can share :)

The 5.1 mix is really immersive with plenty of activity in the rear not too much, not too aggressive, The dark atmosphere of the album is well presented here with a balance of quiet and heavier parts and you're going to love the animation of abandoned houses. I just watch a few seconds of the concert, and it seems to be more than an ambiance 5.1 mix, to confirm today.

The Live concert gives you another version of the whole album "The Fold". The 5.1 mixes put some special program effect in the back, but it's mostly ambiance with vocals in the center and the rest in the fronts.

Last edited:
Recieved mine today along with two magazines/catalogues of Just for Kicks music.

First impressions are very favourable. Playing the Fold album in 5.1
Never heard of or listened to this band before.
Mix is discrete and compliments the music, rather than takes it over.

Will give more reactions when I've played it through a couple of times.
Which must be a good sign, as I want to listen to it again!!

And on to the live show.
This has more going on in them all important rear speakers than most live releases...except for those released by Mr Wilson
Their music is similar to Mr Wilson's too.
Quite dark, proggy and good musicianship.

A nice setting and appreciative crowd.

As am I
Mix is very good
Er..this is a live mix?

Interesting group will need to listen to this a few more times. Karcius are extremely talented musicians one of the other posters compared them to Steven Wilson and I agree. I listened to some of Fold 5.1 it is dark and atmospheric with a solid surround mix. The group live 5.1 for me hands down is well worth the cost of the bluray. Very talented group.

For those who don't want to spend a lot of money on physical cd or Blu-ray, the album The Fold is available right now :

We are very proud to present our album "The Fold" in high resolution 5.1 surround format! (24bit/48kHz FLAC) You can get it here:

https://surroundmusic.one/album/the-fold
Any chance that surroundmusic.one will carry live in France as well?

OK, So I sprung for "The Fold" as shown above. So what am I going to get? Is it a download? They didn't give any instructions for downloading.

The Quadfather
It's been a while since a purchased anything there, but the way I recall it working is you log in to the site, go in to your order and all your download options should be in the order.

OK, So I sprung for "The Fold" as shown above. So what am I going to get? Is it a download? They didn't give any instructions for downloading.

The Quadfather
This is from the site:

Purchase the album and support Karcius and download what you want of 5.1 multichannel flac and stereo flac (2.0) all in 48 kHz 24 bit.
After you purchsed the album you wil get an email with the subject "Your Surround Music order is now complete" with links to the donwload. Your account on the site will also show the available downloads.

I only got an Email telling me to check my junk mail file. It wasn't there. I asked them to resend the Email with the downlink information, and have yet to hear from them. And by the way, how do I decode this, once I get it?

This is from the site:

After you purchsed the album you wil get an email with the subject "Your Surround Music order is now complete" with links to the donwload. Your account on the site will also show the available downloads.

I only got an Email telling me to check my junk mail file. It wasn't there. I asked them to resend the Email with the downlink information, and have yet to hear from them. And by the way, how do I decode this, once I get it?
When you go into your account on surroundmusic.one the download links should be there as well.

Assuming that you have the equipment to play flac files there is nothing to decode, you will get flac files ready for play back. I only do some tagging and that's it.

Hi!
My guess is that my mail from [email protected] is blocked by your email program, mayby because it is from .one - Some email programs looks at those as spam or is just blocking it. I have mailed you with a solution, but it seems you didn't get the response. I'll try mail you from and other account......

There have been over 500 purchases from that site the last 2 years, but this problem has not appeared before in that way.

/Jan Printz
surroundmusic.one

Hi!
My guess is that my mail from [email protected] is blocked by your email program, mayby because it is from .one - Some email programs looks at those as spam or is just blocking it. I have mailed you with a solution, but it seems you didn't get the response. I'll try mail you from and other account......

There have been over 500 purchases from that site the last 2 years, but this problem has not appeared before in that way.

/Jan Printz
surroundmusic.one

Thanks for the help, Jan. I got the download. I don't think my Pioneer can play those. If it did, I would have to burn it to a disc. My Oppo might could play it, but I will have to get it repaired. I was going to do that anyway, it's a better player, and it plays Blu Ray, and I got a high def monitor since it died. So, worth it. It also has a USB slot, and if I can play it, I can mix it down to quad reel to reel. I love my reel to reel. Thanks again,

The Quadfather

P.S. I noticed a lot of other surround recordings on that website, If I can figure out this FLAC thing, I might look at some of them.

I'm really enjoying this BluRay. I watched the entire concert this evening, and am listening to The Fold 5.1 now. Both are excellent. The surround mix is very good. The rears are very active.

My only disappointment is that it is a Dolby Digital encoding, which is unusual for a BluRay. There is plenty of space on the disc for an uncompressed encoding. PCM even. It still sounds very good but I can help but wonder how much better it would sound without compression. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it earlier in the thread (maybe I missed it).

I'm tempted to buy the 5.1 FLAC version. I really like the music! Has anyone compared the FLAC to the BluRay?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Today Live in France can be purchased as 48-24 mc flac on:
https://surroundmusic.one/album/karcius-live-in-france/
:51QQ

GREAT music! So nice that 'new' bands still makes fantastic music and releasing it in surround sound also!!!
Have you given the mp4 streaming of the track *Goodbye' a listen? - It rocks!

The plan is that a blu-ray isofile later will be released, but I'm not sure what the sound format on that will be.

New album on its way:
Screenshot_20210511_202305.jpg

Last edited:
Back