3D TV Is Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero plot, correct?

Hardly ... It has a plot and is absolutely visually STUNNING and I think you'll especially 'get off' on the ATMOS soundtrack. Truthfully, one of the very best 3D experiences and I swear it looks like Native 4K. At the asking price a GIVEAWAY and cheaper than those 38 minute lossy surround duds currently on the market!

Review from AmazonUK

5.0 out of 5 starsMortal Engines 3d awesomness
25 April 2019
Verified Purchase
The audio (dolby atmos), the video and the movie itself are brilliantly done and super fun to watch. The 3d depth is Peter Jackson glorious while the video is beautiful with great colors , deep blacks with no banding and for those with a 4k, 3d tv or projector - the movie is a better transfer than some of the 4k blurays that I have purchased. The atmos audio track has great bass and enough overhead sound to keep everyone happy! The movie itself is totally unique with huge cities motoring along on the top of huge engines. This is an absolute blast of a movie that everyone should have watched! Because the movie was not supported at the theater, it will never get the sequels that it so richfully deserves!

Buy this movie on physical media as it is far superior to the crappy streamed versions that so many people seem fine with. If they would ever watch a movie like this, especially in 3d they would never go back to just watching streamed or satellite versions!!! Enjoy this movie!!!!!

I have Mortal Engines on 4K disc. One of the best looking ones I have. Story? Blah! Too much missing storyline. All the same, fun to watch if you can get past the lack of background in the script. Ralphie must of been smokin’ a doober (doobie) when he watch it. :ROFLMAO::love:

The 'missing storyline,' Perp, is that the world was basically incinerated and what remains is London and disparate renegade entities on gigantic rolling catepillars in a quest for survival and domination of what's left of civilization.

Maybe you should've smoked a doobie while watching it, Perp:smokin..........I watched in once in 2D [on FIOS] but the 3D British Import is ASTOUNDING especially on my LG OLED TV!

The 'missing storyline,' Perp, is that the world was basically incinerated and what remains is London and disparate renegade entities on gigantic rolling catepillars in a quest for survival and domination of what's left of civilization.

Maybe you should've smoked a doobie while watching it, Perp:smokin..........I watched in once in 2D [on FIOS] but the 3D British Import is ASTOUNDING especially on my LG OLED TV!
Maybe, you forgot to leave your brain at the door. 🧠🚪 😜

A little birthday relaxation. In surround and 3D!
71qypyjDVGL._SX342_.jpg

Watched the Best Buy UHD 4K steelbook remaster of DC's JUSTICE LEAGUE Early this AM and even though it was somewhat critically panned, took Perp's advice to check out my brain at the door and actually enjoyed it.....so much so that I ordered the 3D Version from AmazonUK and added the 3D of Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom as well and for BOTH w/s/h under $16 delivered, brand NEW!

BTW, Snood turned me on to Best Buys Labor Day sale and I managed to pay only $7.99 for the Justice League 4K STEELBOOK Disc. Whooopeee!

91gEkBauBxL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Not as bad a movie as critics whined. Too bad DC took them out back and shot most of them quietly.

Even though the UHD4K is UPSCALED ...... the image is startling. Glad you agree the critics aren't always right!

BTW, a stellar review of the Warner's 3D version of Justice League from a Blu~ray.com reader to contrast the low grade the actual reviewer gave:

lmwise8787
Apr 09, 2018

quality_6.gif

Vote plus Vote minus Report as inappropriate

Movie
:
Video
:5
b10.jpg
3D
:4.5
b9.jpg
Audio
b9.jpg
Extras
:2.5
b5.jpg
Overall
b9.jpg
justice league 3d

The film was shot on film and not digitally and is superior to Zach Snyder's darker film versions that were both physically darker and more somber. The film is beautiful all of the way through. There are critics like Katie Walsh and others who hate DC films and who got this one totally wrong. The storyline is awesome and creates a new group of superheroes that have never worked as a team before and they create serious fun for the movie watching public!

The 3d on this film is excellent and I know. I have outstanding A/V equipment with 4k LG tv, Onkyo receiver and Sony 4k blu-ray player. Warner Bros put serious effort into this blu-ray. The depth is consistent throughout and shows stunning 3d on scenes that call for it. When Woman Woman is shot at as she crashes into the terrorist's room, the bullet comes out of the tv and whizzes right by the movie audience's ear. The 3d on this blu-ray is better on the home theater than at the cinema.

The audio is roaring and immersive and considering it is only 5.1 dts:ma it sounds more like an atmos sound track (which is what WB promised us) than what it actually is. With todays new receivers utilizing dts:neural x which operates at a higher bitrate than atmos, the sound is marvelous! I do not know what "extras" are to rate them but overall the film is great. Reviews from this film are almost universally 4.5 or 5 stars on Amazon, BestBuy an Ebay and is still being restocked on Amazon. If you want the 3d version of this movie you had better hurry as BestBuy is showing none in stock and no notice of resupply coming.

Thanks to Warner Bros. for continuing to supply 3d Blu-ray movies to the USA public unlike Disney which doesn't care a flip what the USA 3d bluray market thinks! Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Last night I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in 3D and was blown away. Unfortunately, this latest JP sequel received some bad press and even the post converted 3D [with DTS:X soundtrack] got bad reviews. Well let me tell you, AmazonUK was blowing it out last week for £2.99 [even less with VAT removed] and SO GLAD I 'bucked' the reviews for both the film and the 3D because I applauded at the end it was so engaging. Non stop thrills from beginning to end!
The price is UP this week at AmazonUK [£12.99] but if you want a thrilling Jurassic Park sequel ....by ALL means add it to your collection.

BTW, I have a SONY LASER [NO MORE BULBS] 3D projector on order and should have it soon.
81wTk0A1Z7L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in 3D and was blown away. Unfortunately, this latest JP sequel received some bad press and even the post converted 3D [with DTS:X soundtrack] got bad reviews. Well let me tell you, AmazonUK was blowing it out last week for £2.99 [even less with VAT removed] and SO GLAD I 'bucked' the reviews for both the film and the 3D because I applauded at the end it was so engaging. Non stop thrills from beginning to end!
The price is UP this week at AmazonUK [£12.99] but if you want a thrilling Jurassic Park sequel ....by ALL means add it to your collection.

BTW, I have a SONY LASER [NO MORE BULBS] 3D projector on order and should have it soon.
81wTk0A1Z7L._SL1500_.jpg

Saw this on the big screen -- 3D is about the only reason I go to movies these days -- and thoroughly enjoyed it. Deeply saddened, though, that it seems more and more that 3D showings are limited in number. You either have to go the first night or two, or be stuck going in at 11 a.m. on weekdays.:censored:

Saw this on the big screen -- 3D is about the only reason I go to movies these days -- and thoroughly enjoyed it. Deeply saddened, though, that it seems more and more that 3D showings are limited in number. You either have to go the first night or two, or be stuck going in at 11 a.m. on weekdays.:censored:

What I find even sadder is that blu ray.com gave the movie itself 2.5* and panned the post conversion 3D and if it wasn't for one of the poster's reviews on one of the websites, who raved about it, I wouldn't have even considered buying it ... but, hey, for £2.99 in a slipcase ....a home run purchase.

At least 3D is still alive and well in Europe and Asia and movies are still being released in NATIVE 3D but until 3D is holographically projected without the need for 3D 'goggles' I'm afraid it will always remain a niche market ...just like surround sound.

Back