2 More Jimi Hendrix Stereo SACDs Coming from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my copy of Are you Experienced on 2/23/2018 and this Experience of the release date constantly getting pushed back is madness.

+1 as I think I pre-ordered it early last year if not earlier!

Still, the Axis was sweet. I'll sit this out a bit more before cancelling <I'm a beautiful dreamer ♓ glass full sort of guy . . . therefore easily gullible :mad:>.

Last edited:
If there is one thing I have learned in this hobby, it is that announcements and predictions do not always pan out. Where is my Are You Experienced SACD? Where is my Five Leaves Left surround mix? Pink Floyd Animals & Obscured By Clouds? Even things that are finished go unreleased. I almost didn't read this thread because much "future talk" does not pan out.

OK, so let's see what actually comes out, and how it sounds. Talking about the REM disc that is in people's hands (and ears) seems like a more valuable use of my time. On that note, has anyone listened to the Automatic for the People Atmos mix on a 5.1 system, and what are the results?

Since you mentioned the Hendrix title...I have to vent...last year I called Acoustic Sounds and asked to speak to someone in charge of the upcoming releases...so the woman puts on this guy...so I ask him when Are You Experienced is going to be available....he says soon...so I mention to him that the website has been listing this for over a year...no response....so I mention to him that maybe it might be wise to not include it in the "coming soon" category on the website....again no
response...and now we are 6 months from that conversation and they still list it as "coming soon"....that's all I have :unsure:

I ordered my copy of Are you Experienced on 2/23/2018 and this Experience of the release date constantly getting pushed back is madness.

I ordered mine on 2/12/18. Still, I would love to hear it and will be happy for it if and when it comes out. To the best of my knowledge, the future does not exist, so I take it when it comes. But these pre-orders seem pointless if they cannot be fulfilled.

That does look interesting to see; but I'd speculate that as bombastic as his 3 piece live shows were, probably not much hope for a great surround sound experience. Would be great to some day get a re-mixed surround version of the studio "Are You Experienced" title.
That is not possible because they don't have all the multi tracks for Are You Experienced. In fact I believe the original master tape of that album is also missing. The reissue CDs were from other masters

That is not possible because they don't have all the multi tracks for Are You Experienced. In fact I believe the original master tape of that album is also missing. The reissue CDs were from other masters

Is that what's holding up the Acoustic Sounds SACD? Not happy with the other masters?

Wish AS would _say_ something about why it is taking so long. . . .

Is that what's holding up the Acoustic Sounds SACD? Not happy with the other masters?

Wish AS would _say_ something about why it is taking so long. . . .
It's possible
Are You Experienced is definitely not a sonic masterpiece to start with considering it was recorded on primitive 4 track machines and the tapes have aged

I pre-ordered this title waaay back when it was announced. I have absolutely no clue where I ordered from........
Music Direct!!!!

1572827087494.png

I pre-ordered this title waaay back when it was announced. I have absolutely no clue where I ordered from........

You probably pre~ordered it from Music Direct when they had one of their 'rare' 20% off sales ....... I know I did as our dear [and sorely missed] friend, Clint Eastwood brought this sale to our attention.

Reactions: GOS
You probably pre~ordered it from Music Direct when they had one of their 'rare' 20% off sales ....... I know I did as our dear [and sorely missed] friend, Clint Eastwood brought this sale to our attention.
Do you think there is a chance that Music Direct won't get this, and others will? They still say TBA on their site. Ugh....if I recall, they have my money...meaning....they charge your account upon order, regardless if in stock. Right?

Do you think there is a chance that Music Direct won't get this, and others will? They still say TBA on their site. Ugh....if I recall, they have my money...meaning....they charge your account upon order, regardless if in stock. Right?

I'm sure they still have it on their pre~order list and if there is a change they should notify us by email. Acoustic Sounds will probably ship it out first but Music Direct seems to have a good working relationship with AP so I don't anticipate a problem.

I know Music Direct DID email me a few months ago that SALES TAX was added to my order [they NEVER previously charged me sales tax] so I know my order is still active.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GOS
Back