DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Continental Call - Concert Jazz Orchestra Vienna and Wolfgang Muthspiel (DTS CD)

Thanks to my mate Fizzy for the heads up! (y)

E4G0CrP.jpeg

gFBnpbd.jpeg

How on earth do you find ALL these obscure DTS CDS , Freddums ?

I was so enamored with the Puschnig/Swallow/Alias/Lewis DTS RBCD of Grey that I ordered this one as well:

51lQru%2BQ-pL.jpg

How do you like it, Ralph? The description makes it sound a little out there. I got the third Muthspiel disc on Quinton, by the way--Continental Call (actually listed under "Concert Jazz Orchestra Vienna;" and the music, an hourlong "concerto for guitar and jazz orchestra," is composed by Ed Partyka)--and I really like it.

How do you like it, Ralph? The description makes it sound a little out there. I got the third Muthspiel disc on Quinton, by the way--Continental Call (actually listed under "Concert Jazz Orchestra Vienna;" and the music, an hourlong "concerto for guitar and jazz orchestra," is composed by Ed Partyka)--and I really like it.

I didn't receive the CHANTS DTS RBCD, yet. It was just shipped out. Continental Call sounds interesting. Too bad it's not DTS. The sonics on GREY are excellent.

I didn't receive the CHANTS DTS RBCD, yet. It was just shipped out. Continental Call sounds interesting. Too bad it's not DTS. The sonics on GREY are excellent.

D'oh! I mistakenly linked to the wrong version of Continental Call: there actually is a DTS-CD version.

That said: so far I've only heard the RBCD version. (The Amazon seller from whom I ordered the DTS-CD sent me the Red Book by mistake, then refunded my money, then doubled the price on their remaining [alleged] copies of the DTS-CD...so now I have a copy on order from JPC instead.)

Last edited:
I just received a fabulous DTS CD entitled Aurora by Australian Garry Havillray - a fabulous mix of electronic and ambient textures that I really enjoy. It took a while to get to Canada from Australia but the wait was worth it. For those interested, it can be ordered via Havillray’s bandcamp site at https://havrillay.bandcamp.com/album/aurora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received a fabulous DTS CD entitled Aurora by Australian Garry Havillray - a fabulous mix of electronic and ambient textures that I really enjoy. It took a while to get to Canada from Australia but the wait was worth it. For those interested, it can be ordered via Havillray’s bandcamp site at https://havrillay.bandcamp.com/album/aurora

I listened to the sample track "Atrophy" and liked it. I might order a copy. Thanks for the link!

Steely Dan - Gaucho

gaucho_dts.jpg

I've had the DVD-A for some time, but when the DTS-CD popped up for under $20 I couldn't resist. In some ways, this mix is actually more discrete than the SACD/DVD-A version - to the point where the rear channels are left almost empty when they didn't have to be. For instance, during "Babylon Sisters" on the DVD-A, there's a subtle rhythm guitar part in the rear channels, while on the DTS-CD it's in the front right channel and the rears are nearly silent.

The other thing that's interesting about the DTS-CD is that the rear channels contain no trace of the drum kit, which makes listening to them isolated really interesting.

I'm glad to have both versions - it's nice to be able to just pop this disc in the Acura and not have to deal with any encoding or disc creation.

Steely Dan - Gaucho

View attachment 42702

I've had the DVD-A for some time, but when the DTS-CD popped up for under $20 I couldn't resist. In some ways, this mix is actually more discrete than the SACD/DVD-A version - to the point where the rear channels are left almost empty when they didn't have to be. For instance, during "Babylon Sisters" on the DVD-A, there's a subtle rhythm guitar part in the rear channels, while on the DTS-CD it's in the front right channel and the rears are nearly silent.

The other thing that's interesting about the DTS-CD is that the rear channels contain no trace of the drum kit, which makes listening to them isolated really interesting.

I'm glad to have both versions - it's nice to be able to just pop this disc in the Acura and not have to deal with any encoding or disc creation.

nice price and précis!
Centre channel's interesting too.. 🤔

There's a new DTS CD released today with 11 immersive 5.1 mixes; the 4-track EP 'Walk Me Through This' by Garry Havrillay from Melbourne, Australia. The CD includes 7 bonus 5.1 mixes of tracks previously released only in stereo.

Learn more at http://havrillay.com/walk-me-through-this

Hope you'll excuse the self-promotion, but it's on-topic.

Ordered this immediately, the previous title was so good... Looking forward to it very much!

There's a new DTS CD released today with 11 immersive 5.1 mixes; the 4-track EP 'Walk Me Through This' by Garry Havrillay from Melbourne, Australia. The CD includes 7 bonus 5.1 mixes of tracks previously released only in stereo.

Learn more at http://havrillay.com/walk-me-through-this

Hope you'll excuse the self-promotion, but it's on-topic.

Any and all new dtscds welcome , thanks :)

Back